WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    DC ~ I have lived my entire life in Georgia except for the 2 yrs my husband was stationed at Ft Knox Kentucky. :)
    Born in Middle GA, went to college in N. Ga, and have lived in Marietta, GA for the last 50 yrs.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Just curious....where is everyone from? I'm from Washington, DC, living in the heart of downtown with my 2 furry felines and the hubby of almost 20 years.

:) Now I live in NW Washington state---NW California before that. I live with my husband, Jake, and rescue dog Bessie. We stay close to home because of Jake's compromised immune system but we live in a peaceful neighborhood where walking is easy and there are many nice neighbors to talk to outdoors. Because of my husband's various health issues, we have to limit sodium and potassium so our food choices are limited and we read all the labels and don't eat restaurant food. I walk a lot and ride my exercise bike to keep active.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Just curious....where is everyone from? I'm from Washington, DC, living in the heart of downtown with my 2 furry felines and the hubby of almost 20 years.

From Canada, living in Tasmania, Australia.

Husband, 1 cat and a whole bunch of bees.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well my place is spic and span...
    Dan came down this afternoon and we together moved the bed,Evelyn I have been trying on Facebook marketplace and everywhere else to no avail.
    Its been a long day and Alfie and I are tired.. tomorrow I have a oil change and then a drs appointment .yippee and thats after watching the wild one..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1233 calories, a little high. And I rode my bike for twenty minutes, and did an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking, Yay! For a deficit of 355, Yay! So overall a good day.

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    DC I’m originally from Minnesota and now spend winters in Arizona.

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in Twin Falls Idaho tonight.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    @auntiebk Thank you for asking.. but I don’t put, my name, location or pics up on a open site. Unfortunately someone used my information for fraud. So I will use by screen name. Better safe than sorry. 🙂

🌷

:) We can learn your name in time. We respect your privacy. The reason I like to see a location is to be able to identify with weather and plants. I live pretty far north so when someone shares that they already have flowers or vegetables, I like to know how far south they are. When someone says that it's too hot to take a walk, I wonder where they live. I hope you'll share what you're comfortable with and ignore the rest.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    I have a great friend that just uses a nickname online for the same reason. No where is her name on any of the sites. I have been so used to it that I almost forget her real name.

I answer to Katiebug in only three places. Here, my living debt free message board, and to a few cousins who just won’t let it go. I try to stay unsearchable by my name on this board since I don’t share my weight loss struggles with many people, but anybody with minimal skills could find me. If they want to go to that much trouble, I wish them well. Because of the nature of my work, anyone with my real name can find my cell phone number and my email address with a few clicks. It is what it is. I have to be reachable by the people who need me.

I love your name, it is close to my very favorite nickname for my son. Jonabug. Still call him that and he is 25

Since I am older and wiser, I have come to love and appreciate the nickname. When I was a child I did not realize that adding bug to your name was pretty common as a sign of affection. All I knew was that my sister was “Vickie Doll” and I was “Katie Bug” i hated that my sister got to be a doll while I was a bug. Interestingly enough, in my father’s last months, he started calling me Katiebug again. He had not done so since I was a child. It was comforting.

The night our youngest was born, she slept with her bum in up in the air, my DH started calling her bug then and that’s all he still calls her. She is 32. Our Grands call her Auntie Bug. Her husband is Uncle Buddy because our grandson called him that instead of Brodey.

Tracey
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    DC- I am in N.Calif in the Napa Valley. I was born and raised an hour north of here and want to start spending a lot more time up there soon, spending time with my mom.

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Made some hard boiled eggs then some red lentils to have later in the week

Couldn't figure out why my one eye was hurting. Looked in the mirror and found out. I'm getting a sty in each of my eyes! Vince is the person who the minute something is wrong, he has to look on the internet. To me, sometimes checking the internet you get the wrong ideas. So I'm not bothering to find out "why am I getting so many stys". I had one a few weeks ago and now these two. It's probably related to something simple. Maybe I'll look it up if I get another one in the near future.

Michele NC
    who is going to put a warm rice-filled sock on her eye

Do you use eye make-up?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Went out for a run this morning, but got as far as the seafront and felt a little resistance in my thigh. Decided discretion was the better part of valor , and retreated. Got back to the deli with an aching inner thigh, not a cramping one, so I did the right thing. Bought utterly beautiful tomatoes and a huge bunch of parsley. The parsley was a bargain!
    So many things bring me joy and delight. I have always thought that's how everyone is, but I've just been listening to a couple of podcasts about delight, and it appears that not everyone sees the world the same way. :p When I go for my run I am hugely delighted by the flowers in the gardens, especially the amazing roses at the moment. The conversations I had yesterday were delightful. My new knickers and socks are wonderful! :p I am thrilled to have my cast off. Washing my arm today to get all the dead skin off was such a pleasure. I am thrilled with my food every day. My art surprises me. Textures, temperature, smells. I feel I am bathed in delight.
    How about you? I feel I can be like this more, now that I have more time. I can notice the plucky little weed growing in the wall. I can chat to the butcher. Sometimes being older has its advantages. I have more joy in the little things.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx