Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,560 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,050 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1553 calories but I did twenty minutes on the bike and an hour of yoga and thirty minutes of aerobic walking, so I had a final deficit of 25.

I have got to stop getting so upset and frustrated with my dad. He got to me again today. I have to accept the things I cannot change.

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    Ladies - at least one of you has mentioned a liking for Louise Penny detective novels. I just finished the first season of "Three Pines" featuring Chief Inspector Armand Gamache on Amazon Prime. Takes place in rural Quebec. Hope they have another season.

I'm on the list for several of her books from the library. Hope they are as good as the TV series. ;)

Lanette B)
    Rainy and chilly SW WA State where I was putting a tarp over the chicken run at 6 am just as it started to rain.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,903 Member
    Options
    Hair appointment was cancelled, stylist sick. Rescheduled. So this afternoon is a painting session. I did this ballerina. Quite proud of it. :)
    o2ksyzj9swvh.jpg

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx

Lovely!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Allie, wow, you have really traveled! And Machka, too, although no surprise there. Beaches are gorgeous but often crowded. The last time I went, it was so crowded that I could hear two radios playing different stations and it drove me crazy.

Many of the beaches in Australia are empty. Some popular ones around Sydney are busy, and I've been to a couple there, but didn't like them. I prefer the empty ones.

Our beach is often empty.
    uw34rc5ok5l3.png

We also LOVED the beaches along the west coast of France. After spending some time there, we talked about renting a house for the summer there. Unfortunately that hasn't transpired.

2urt6chni8p1.png
    foienuwmvdlj.png

My last vacation plan was to a horse ranch in Tucson Arizona but then came Covid. I had to cancel. I love the hot sun and figured the pool would do for sunbathing. Now my parents need me, so it will be awhile before I travel again. But I could just get a lawn chair in the yard here. Hmm.

I found getting out in the garden for a couple hours a day on the weekends or doing a walk/jog to and around our beach has helped a lot in reducing my restlessness and desire for trips off our island.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Just catching up for June so far - had a bad reaction to a medication that I started the last week of May. Stopped taking it two days ago after discussing with the gastroenterologist's office. Some remaining dizziness, but better by far.

On with my day,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Glad to see you back and glad to hear that you're feeling some better.

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka poor scared lost bud driver. No gps onboard? ;):love: your description of walking, bicycling and thoughts. “Data dump” so useful and descriptive!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Our Tasmanian buses are so incredibly behind the times.

Several years ago, they ran a survey of what people wanted and the number 1 thing was real-time information on where the buses were because it's a bit of a gamble if your bus is going to turn up or not. So they said they'd work on that.

About a year later, I emailed asking about the status of real-time information and the response was that they would have it read in 1 year when the new ticketing system came in.

I couldn't figure out what the new ticketing system had to do with getting gps and "spot trackers" on the buses, but whatever.

That was about 4 years ago and the buses still don't have gps or a new ticketing system.

Drivers use paper maps!!

They did, however, start listing the buses that we're running about 18 months ago. Prior to that, they would take buses off the routes and not tell anyone ... and deny that they had taken buses off the routes.

But they ended up leaving a young girl at a dark bus stop for an hour one time, and her parents were furious, and it made the news. As soon as it did, there was a flood of similar stories. So now they publish the buses that won't be available.

It's an ongoing saga.

They also don't treat drivers very well (that made the news too) and the turnover rate is high. So half the drivers are relatively new to driving.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    s8mk9oxp84d9.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,961 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Kylia - I hope you get some rest this weekend. I can’t believe your DH doesn’t want to do something so you aren’t in these all night work sessions.
    That’s great news about Aubrey.

Beaches I’ve been to:
    Cape Breton, NS beaches near Sydney.
    Prince Edward Island - Summerside area
    Daytona
    Sylvan Lake, AB
    I’m more drawn to the forest than the beach.

Debbie - It’s such a shame you and your former hubby couldn’t find a way back to each other. You speak so lovingly about him and it hard to see you suffer through this marriage.
    Walmart photo centre here makes puzzles.

Tracey in Edmonton

THANKS!! I feel the same but just isn't met to be I guess. At least I have the wonderful memories and have him as my best friend always.

I will check with Walmart- THANK YOU for the suggestion. Price is good but will see what Shutterfly is with shipping. It is $7 for shipping at Walmart so $25 total. I will go to the store and see if I can get it made there.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Louise Penny's Gamache books are better than the movies were, in my opinion. I found it difficult watching the show as it didn't follow the books as closely as I would have liked. I think one always likes things the way they first encountered it, so because I read the books first, I enjoyed them more. I have read them all, most of them more than once. I would recommend that you read them in order, there is enough of a story "behind the scenes" as it were that it is worth it to read in order.
    Allie, unfortunate that you can't sell the bed. Maybe Katla's daughter would like it..... :) (since she didn't get Katla's old mattress) I know you are too far apart for that to even be a valid thought, but it just struck me as a bit funny that the daughter wanted the old mattress and you have one that you can't seem to get rid of.
    Lisa, sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the new meds, hope you can find an alternative! (other than no meds, that is)

Not too many beaches in my life, although I do live near an ocean now. I do like water, but I think my preference is for running water, so rivers and/or waterfalls. I grew up near a wonderful waterfall, it's called Takakkaw falls. I just googled it, so you can too! The power of water is what fascinates me, Niagara Falls had me spellbound.

It's getting late, must go to bed. Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Went for a 10 km brisk walk and jog today.

zpc2s5l20hju.png

Distance: 10.02 km
    Moving Time: 1:42:06
    Elapsed Time: 1:44:49
    Pace: 10:11 /km
    Elevation: 76 m
    Calories: 1,062 ... although I don't actually believe that.

It's a start.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    It would never occur to me to wear headphones when out walking.
    ☘️Terri

No, me neither.

Aside from them making me feel seasick when I walk (discovered back 20-odd years ago), I am surrounded by noise.

I am in webinars and TEAMS meetings all the time at work and the TV is on during the evening.

Going for a walk for an hour at lunch or even the little walk with Rhody in the evening without technology in my ears is lovely.

M in Oz