WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,225 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Barbie thank you! It always feels good to be appreciated, and I appreciate your positive spirit!

Carol good luck with your new meds. Always an adventure!

Lisa, love your caution about religion and politics. So gracious!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited June 2023
    Carol, dear heart, that caution was meant for those new to the group, ones who might not be aware it--you need not apologize for anything.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate air conditioning in triple digits heat.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 90/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    Allie, has Carmine’s parents talked to Seth’s parents about what’s going with Carmine at home? Maybe together they can help Carmine.

RvRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    I dont think so but I filled them in a bit when I spoke with them when I dropped off the laptop.
    So they kinda know part of the back story...
    Im sitting in Tracys car waiting for her and Miles to come out of Ulta.. she was supposed to drop stuff off at the kids consignment shop and they aren't taking it today.. so i am hanging in the car waiting on them and then will stop at dollar tree on the way back
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,783 Member
    Thank you Carol, and I like the new color. I liked the past one, too, but the combination of cut and color with this one really suits you.
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2023
    barbiecat wrote: »

So what! 1 or 15 they all throw fits at I time or another. We don’t give up on them.. ever. You say you love her.. is she not worth -your effort to try to make -her life better? I couldn’t imagine being in the same situation and not being there for my grandchildren. Hard or not. I am blessed to have my grandchildren and so are you!

Did you ever think that maybe she gives the other parents *respect because she knows and understands they care about her.

OMGoodness I am a complete stranger..saying this to another stranger. Wow. 😞

-Your Granddaughter is worth my time and effort to write this to you.. A little effort goes a long way.

:) You are not the only one to say this. I, too, am concerned about Carmine. Interestingly, there is little respect for Carmine's choice of name or pronouns or identify. That is only one of the ways that they (Carmine) are being disrespected by family. There is so much misunderstanding about gender non-conforming teen agers and young people and often parents are at the head of the line.

I feel so bad for Carmine and the whole family. With children and grandchildren, the watchword has to be "Come from a place of love"

<3 Barbie

Yes.. on both! For instance..Political Motivated Agendas.. in my opinion such as gender, pronouns and identity was just brought up to me yesterday by @barbiecat. I can understand, about politics but .. we can’t or are gently reminded that Jesus Christ is off limits. 😢

I have every right to post my opinion here on open MFP…especially when it is to me, specifically.

If you don’t want .. different opinions.. Go to A Group and single me out!

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member
    Finally had my phone with me when I went outside, so took a few pics. After last year's drought, all the flowers are just going crazy this year. The white morning glories are out, and seriously hundreds of buds left to open. They live on my carport railing and uprights. We planted deep purple ones, as well, but because they're growing from seeds, they're about a month behind, not flowering yet. Looking forward to those...
    p7pe5eculix7.png

The chrysanthemums are supposed to bloom in fall, but these are apparently early bloomers, because they're starting already... you can see all the blooms on them just waiting to burst open, too.

a8jcom66cb76.png

Some may remember the hosta I planted when we first got here, and was worried about it surviving the winter. Well, it's survived quite a few winters, and is getting bigger and bigger. You can just see the hydrangea behind it - one didn't make it through the drought, but this one is coming back strong. Can't wait to see when it blooms.

a4hxfv3nl8sb.png

My dwarf magnolias didn't make it, but the redbud did - it was significantly further along when we planted it, so stronger to begin with. It had just a few teeny tiny buds on it before it leafed out, but it's going to make it just fine.

I do love this place... I feel like I'm channeling my mother every time I pull a weed or plant a seed. Helps me remember that love never dies.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Hope you REALLY love the morning glory because you will never have to plant them again. I planted them ONCE, over 20 yrs ago in one small planter box in my back yard. Now, I pull thousands of them every singe year, not only in my back garden but also in my front and the neighbors yard has them too. They are both the purple and pink ones. They are pretty but they take over, even more than my raspberries have in the front.(was just out there picking some to have with my tea- need to go out with a bowl and pick all the ripe ones before they fall on the ground and become snail food)

I think about my dad when I am gardening. Like , sure wish I could get his advice on why some of my plants just are not growing. I have two pots of yellow squash. Right next to each other. Same seeds. One pot is thriving and over two feet high while the other is just surviving, barely at less than 6inches high.
    I have tomato and pepper plants started back in March and are still only 2-3 inches high. Some are in the green house in small pots that need to be transplanted but others are in large pots and still the same as when I transplanted them over a month ago or longer. Most of the garden are not growing much. Maybe the weather because it has been cool and cloudy most days.
    Not giving up but would love to see them grow. Tomatoes in one raised bed are doing well and one tomato in front is doing great(ones planted the same time/same kind are just stunted)
    Plan on getting the last of the plants in the green house, except the ones going to mom's in the ground this afternoon. If I can find enough pots and places for them.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    I was replying to you @fanncy0626 ^^^

fanncy0626 wrote: »
    The thing about religion and politics. I do know that politics have been talked about on here behind the scene still part of the community just privately, almost feeling like the rest of us are wrong and excluded, and occasionally on here without rebuttal. Is that OK? Also, there are a lot of people on here that have asked for prayer since the beginning of this thread. Is that OK?

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona