WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Annie - This is our seventh cruise with Saga. I think the first time is always hard , because you have no idea what to expect. Plus six of the cruises have been to the Arctic, Scandinavia, and the Baltic.
    Saga is only for over 50s, and most people are in their 70s and 80s. I love that. To be honest, whatever I wear is fine!

I've sorted out jewellery, medicines, and hosiery today. I've made a list. :D Still adding things to do to it as they come to mind.
    While deciding what necklaces to take, I discovered that one favourite blue glass one was filthy! It looks so much better since I washed it! :p I ordered a new silver cloth, which will arrive tomorrow. My current one is years old. I also decided to buy a new make up bag that has small compartments. I can never find anything in mine, and it needs washing.
    Tonight I will go through my handbag and remove stuff I don't need. I've already put my passport in there.
    So, I am on track!

Dinner tonight is roast paprika chicken, with baby peppers, shallots and vine tomatoes. Brown rice. Friday night is wine night.
    Stewed apricots for dessert.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!!!! <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    t3332.gif

Happy Birth Day Rebecca!!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate no interruptions to my sleep.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 89/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday. [\spoiler]
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Rebecca. I actually checked the map, and I could be in Shedd in less than an hour, but I decided that might freak you and your sister out a bit, so sending best wishes down I5 to you. You are being a blessing to your sister.

Don't worry too much about the RA possibility, Alli. Having a diagnosis and treatment options is better than to be left wondering.

My middle son dated a transgender boy in highschool and W said he felt much more comfortable in our home than his own. That made sense. Not that we are particularly amazing people, but it was easier for us to accept him because we had no hopes and dreams pinned on him. He was just a really nice kid who my son liked. A lot! As a parent, I know I have hopes and expectations for my own kids that I don't have for other kids. It's been difficult over the years to drain out that cup of hope, and release my expectations, but I have reluctantly and painfully done it. A few days ago, I took that virtual cup of hope, long empty, and smashed it to pieces with a hammer. My oldest is a good kid and a responsible adult but will never fulfill what I had hoped, on a personal level. Just trying to see Tracey and Kyle's perspective a little. Granted, they aren't handling it well, but I haven't always either, so I sympathize. I do a lot of fake smiling with my oldest, and a lot of crying and praying in private.

Not ready to explain what's going on, but it's hard. Not illegal, but difficult.

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Ooh nice, and thank you! We have to mail a box and buy weed killer but will be home in afternoon and weekend! You are welcome to come for a visit.💖. Send me a message for address!
    Rebecca
    Shedd OR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Allie--Sorry for Kyle's loss.
    Well it is Friday and I have made it another week. We have our CMA meeting tonight and I am off the weekend. Sounds like it could rain tomorrow and we need it. But there is a fund raiser motorcycle ride to raise money for veterans I would like to go on. See what happens in the morning.
    One of our DGD got the key to their house they just bought today. Am excited for them.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Happy Birthday, Rebecca
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Allie - So sorry to hear about Kyle's Dad. Will they all be going back down for the funeral?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy Birthday, Rebecca!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ...

8vlp3rx9yqgk.jpeg

Beth
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rebecca- Hope you have had a wonderful day
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    First day of summer vacation for daycare girl. Miss my walks at the wetlands.
    We colored pasta rings with food coloring so she can make a necklace or ??
    Let her make her own pizza- she is eating now

Walking with my friend tonight, hopefully it will be at the wetlands. If not, it will be at the park.

No plans really for the weekend. Birthday party for a kid we have never met- A friend of dh's grand daughter I think it is. Plan on just making an quick stop there and then leave.
    Sunday I will go to church then I will come home and make lunch for dh or maybe just cook the steak for dinner. I will do more for him on Father's Day than he did for me on Mother's Day-his opinion is that I am not his mother so no reason to do anything. I got him a few little gifts and will have son help me make some cashew/macadamia nut clusters. I made some cashew clusters along with some other chocolates and sent to former hubby for his birthday and gave dh a few. He really liked them but wants macadamia nuts added to his. Didn't care for the peanut clusters.

Next weekend I will spend it up at mom's. Help at food bank/food program Saturday morning then her birthday is Sunday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I can't remember who it was that asked about me taking her for a weekend..it won't happen.. she doesn't want to spend time with me either and treats me just as rude as she does her parents
    The only ones she kisses up to are Seths parents ,they don't know how mean and spiteful she can be..
    If she is stealing from her grandfather who is to say she wouldn't do it to me..
    I love her to pieces .but she is just off the handle right now and I told Tracy that you guys spent money trying to have Miles now is time to spend some on trying to get Taliah back..its up to them..

So what! 1 or 15 they all throw fits at I time or another. We don’t give up on them.. ever. You say you love her.. is she not worth -your effort to try to make -her life better? I couldn’t imagine being in the same situation and not being there for my grandchildren. Hard or not. I am blessed to have my grandchildren and so are you!

Did you ever think that maybe she gives the other parents *respect because she knows and understands they care about her.

OMGoodness I am a complete stranger..saying this to another stranger. Wow. 😞

-Your Granddaughter is worth my time and effort to write this to you.. A little effort goes a long way.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    We have had a little rain today but the garden could do with some more.

Allie: So sorry about Kyle’s Dad. Prayers for the family in the days ahead.
    Rebecca: 🎉Happy Birthday 🥳

Bi virtual 🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 for whoever wants/needs them

☘️Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options

So what! 1 or 15 they all throw fits at I time or another. We don’t give up on them.. ever. You say you love her.. is she not worth -your effort to try to make -her life better? I couldn’t imagine being in the same situation and not being there for my grandchildren. Hard or not. I am blessed to have my grandchildren and so are you!

Did you ever think that maybe she gives the other parents *respect because she knows and understands they care about her.

-Your Granddaughter is worth my time and effort to write this to you.. A little effort goes a long way.

:) You are not the only one to say this. I, too, am concerned about Carmine. Interestingly, there is little respect for Carmine's choice of name or pronouns or identify. That is only one of the ways that they (Carmine) are being disrespected by family. There is so much misunderstanding about gender non-conforming teen agers and young people and often parents are at the head of the line.

I feel so bad for Carmine and the whole family. With children and grandchildren, the watchword has to be "Come from a place of love"

<3 Barbie

• lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

:) You are not the only one to say this. I, too, am concerned about Carmine. Interestingly, there is little respect for Carmine's choice of name or pronouns or identify. That is only one of the ways that they (Carmine) are being disrespected by family. There is so much misunderstanding about gender non-conforming teen agers and young people and often parents are at the head of the line.

I feel so bad for Carmine and the whole family. With children and grandchildren, the watchword has to be "Come from a place of love"

<3 Barbie

I agree..Love, kindness, patience and respect go hand n hand. Just by saying ..I love you and giving a hug to your, love one is always a good start\ way in a painful situation.

I believe whatever body part you were born with..you are. . It’s horrific for our nations children, what’s happening. It’s just a way to breakdown the family unit and lead us away from our Lord Jesus Christ.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Kyle got home around 10 this morning and wenr straight to sleep poor guy,he was beat.
    I don't think there will be a funeral..I don't know but Mark there dad knew that they were there so thats good..
    Kyle is taking next week off.. so he will be watching Miles.. here is hoping maybe Carmine will spend some time with them.
    They did all go to the zoo as a family a few weeks ago and had a good time.. so they are trying..honestly they are..
    I do love both my grandchildren ..and I would love to spend time with Carmine, but she does not want to spend time with me..
    Every time we are alone together I tell her I love her and im here for her and if she needs me im a phone call away..But nothing.. I think maybe because they have me watching Miles.. who knows..we shall see.
    Have an appointment with Rheumatologist in mid July so hopefully we can get to the bottom of whats going on.