WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Vicki – it’s good that that girl was honest with you about her possible employment

Rebecca – sure hope you don’t have to move.

Well, it’s stopped raining (for now) so I think I’ll take a walk. Also, this way my cravings will be somewhat squelched until dinner-time.

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    On the subject of canning, Corey tends toward the water bath canning and hot packing, not the pressure canning. It limits what he is able to can, but those tend to be the ones he prefers anyway, so it works out fine. Others we eat as they are harvested or he freezes. He was born and raised in southern Alaska, the 9th of 12 children, and this just seems to be in his DNA.

Later y'all,
    With love,
    Lisa

See I was patiently waiting for you to type "water bath was all he can-can!.😁. What a vision.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Ha! I actually did write it that way and went back to change it... :smiley:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate fly swatters.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, 8187,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 103/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color! Didn’t do this. I must make time to do this.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement. Forgot to do this]
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh. There is a funny tv show called “The Neighbors” about humans living next door to aliens that makes me laugh. Will watch that today.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,317 Member
    Options
    Heather: We did that trip on our first cruise to Norway. Very spectacular. The church was very interesting.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 to all

☘️ Terri
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am under a great deal of stress about my son right now. It is affecting my health as well as my mental state. My emotional eating is getting out of hand on one side, and the colitis is taking it away on the other. Please keep me in your thoughts and no offense intended but I need prayers too.

RVRITA

I'm so sorry, Rita. Our children are always our children, no matter their age, and we never stop worrying.

Sending prayers and good thoughts for both of you.

Felicia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,011 Member
    Options
    Well it's a gloomy rainy day here. I got bored and wanted to eat early, but I had a cup of tea instead. Only 21 calories for the honey.

I should be horseback riding in a few hours. It's inside a huge warehouse like building with a special dirt floor. We cancel for thunderstorms because nervous horses misbehave, but a light shower won't stop us.

There are some banking errands I can do meanwhile. I should be a good girl and do my chores.

Annie in Delaware

do you like cinnamon tea?
    I get one called Good Earth Sweet and Spicy. A strong cinnamon flavor but naturally sweet so no honey needed so 0 calories and it is herbal so no caffeine to keep you up.
    Amazon carries it but check other places as they don't have the best price.
    I have been drinking it for a few years and love it-keep it on hand all the time(along with about 25-30 boxes of other teas, teas never expire. Learned that at Celestial Seasonings tea factory on their tour)
    A friend who was drinking way too much Fireball Whiskey started drinking it- tastes like it but 0cal/0 alcohol. She loves it.
    Sent a box to former hubby and got him hooked on it. He has bought it on Amazon but I just sent him four boxes in his birthday "care package" because I can get it so much cheaper. He likes it hot and iced.
    Had dh try it and he was surprised that there was no sugar added. He was sure there was. Great for him as he is a diabetic.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    On the subject of canning, Corey tends toward the water bath canning and hot packing, not the pressure canning. It limits what he is able to can, but those tend to be the ones he prefers anyway, so it works out fine. Others we eat as they are harvested or he freezes. He was born and raised in southern Alaska, the 9th of 12 children, and this just seems to be in his DNA.

Later y'all,
    With love,
    Lisa

See I was patiently waiting for you to type "water bath was all he can-can!.😁. What a vision.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Ha! I actually did write it that way and went back to change it... :smiley:

Knew it!!!💖💖
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Vicki – it’s good that that girl was honest with you about her possible employment

Rebecca – sure hope you don’t have to move.

Well, it’s stopped raining (for now) so I think I’ll take a walk. Also, this way my cravings will be somewhat squelched until dinner-time.

Michele NC

Oh me neither!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- love it !!!
    Debbie- will have to look for that tea...
    Lisa- oh they are keeping up,I have to go for bloodwork monthly,and had a re- eval yesterday.. so they are always in touch.
    So sad to hear that the submersible imploded ,and all souls were lost...
    Im sorry ,im claustrophobic I would never get in anything like that anyway..but it is still so sad.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Rebecca looks lovely! Is that a natural wave? My hair hangs limp and straight. My mom always told me I had unfortunate hair because it was so straight.

Debbie thanks I will look for that tea. Right now I'm drinking plain green tea, but I used to like it with mint.

Today's adventure was trying a bra I bought from Amazon. It fits, even riding horseback, so that's great. But I specifically searched on machine washable, and in the fine print this says hand wash. So I will test it on cold delicate and see what I get. Life is too short to hand wash daily wear, in my humble opinion. If it was a special
    occasion item, then maybe.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Rebecca looks lovely! Is that a natural wave? My hair hangs limp and straight. My mom always told me I had unfortunate hair because it was so straight.

Debbie thanks I will look for that tea. Right now I'm drinking plain green tea, but I used to like it with mint.

Today's adventure was trying a bra I bought from Amazon. It fits, even riding horseback, so that's great. But I specifically searched on machine washable, and in the fine print this says hand wash. So I will test it on cold delicate and see what I get. Life is too short to hand wash daily wear, in my humble opinion. If it was a special
    occasion item, then maybe.

Annie in Delaware
    Thanks Annie!
    She curled it somewhat. I use a dryer brush so it dries and curls at the same time. I have some quirks in my hair! Awe your mom should've have said. The only unfortunate hair is hair not appreciated!💖.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Thanks Allie!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-great haircut!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,011 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- love it !!!
    Debbie- will have to look for that tea...
    Lisa- oh they are keeping up,I have to go for bloodwork monthly,and had a re- eval yesterday.. so they are always in touch.
    So sad to hear that the submersible imploded ,and all souls were lost...
    Im sorry ,im claustrophobic I would never get in anything like that anyway..but it is still so sad.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Earth-Herbal-Black-Packaging/dp/B010NBHMZG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=23TS8FF76DCSM&keywords=good+earth+sweet+and+spicy+tea&qid=1687475426&sprefix=good+ear,aps,289&sr=8-2

I agree- totally claustrophobic- freaked out during an MRI- that was worse than surgeries