Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Heather, thanks for posting the pics. Cruise looks amazing and I love seeing travels from others.

Joy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    LanetteWhat kind of shoes do you wear. When I had PT for my knee. My therapist noticed my shoes were more than likely part of the problem. NO arch support.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rebecca-nice treasures! I love gnomes-they are moving with me!
    Lisa-Corey is a very handy guy!
    Machka-hope you recover from fall quickly.
    Barbie-good news!

Busy day at work today. One interview and two meetings-all went very well. We are offering one lady a job. contract negotiation went well, and progress meeting at building progress good. Still delayed due to explosion but we are seeing great progress in the second building. We think all may be done Dec/Jan-will have a better schedule soon. Have to replace a roof and rebuild one load bearing wall. While it takes time it is the way to do it. Should have revised schedule in a week or so and I see doctor at end of July so getting my plan in focus.

Off to ladies craft group. I will miss them when I move, but I can drive back over for it when I feel up to it.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I have 10 gnomes so I guess I'm a collector now.🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    On the subject of canning, Corey tends toward the water bath canning and hot packing, not the pressure canning. It limits what he is able to can, but those tend to be the ones he prefers anyway, so it works out fine. Others we eat as they are harvested or he freezes. He was born and raised in southern Alaska, the 9th of 12 children, and this just seems to be in his DNA.

I'm 9th of 10 kids, and watched my mother do the canning, but I took my DNA out back and gave it a good talking to, and to keep its mouth shut :wink: B) . When he met me, I was happily eating store-bought bean and cheese burritos or chicken corn dogs pretty much as a steady diet.

So... he took me home and fed me cabbage hamburger soup for our first date. I don't eat soup, at the time I didn't eat beef, and I purely hate the taste of vegetables. I ate the soup anyway. And he married me anyway, even after I confessed later. I think he saw me as your little turkey, Debbie - he took me in as a stray. :smiley:

It's all on my mind because today's his birthday. I already made him his brownies with cream cheese frosting, as requested, which he ate and said the frosting tasted weird, but froze the rest of it anyway. (See? I just have bad DNA.) Next week is also our 14th anniversary. I'm not sure I deserve him, but I'm sure glad he took me in.

Later y'all,
    With love,
    Lisa

See I was patiently waiting for you to type "water bath was all he can-can!.😁. What a vision.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca: 🥰 your mama’s plates. So glad you have almost recovered from your fall.
    Lisa: Corey the Canner. Sounds like you both enjoyed his days off.
    Machka: Ouch! I hope you haven’t done any permanent damage.
    Barbie: Great news about Jake.
    Pip: Hope they can figure out what ails Kirby.

Early morning grocery shopping today. It’s been raining quite heavily on and off, but I managed to get a load of laundry out and dried. There were thunderstorms all round us, but they missed us.

The charity that I volunteer for has its AGM tomorrow afternoon. About half of the committee are stepping down, so DH and another pst chair are giving them a hand with the organisation of the meeting. He served as chair 5 years ago, and is still involved in welcoming new members into the organisation. Our current Chair fell very ill in Scotland several weeks ago. It was touch and go for a while, and although he has rallied a little, he is in a hospice near his daughter over there, so isn’t able to officiate at the AGM.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏 for those who want and/or need them.

☘️ Terri

I have yet to eat from them, but buying strawberries, scone making mix, and whipping cream. I will make that my first meal on them. She would've approved.💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Ooh great photos Heather! My sister, and a couple more family members want to visit the family homestead/farm in Trohnheim one day. Enjoy your trip!😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Heather--Thanks for sharing the pictures. The bridges over the islands looks interesting.
    Well interview this morning was a burst. She just something for insurance until the business her and husband has started takes off and they can afford insurance on their own. She told me she would more than likely not even be here a year. I said with all the training I could not hire her. So see what HR sends me next.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

sorry the interview didn't go well. At least she was up front with you about her not staying long. Better that than spending all that time training her and having her give a two week notice.
    Hopefully you will find a couple really good ones soon.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Well it's a gloomy rainy day here. I got bored and wanted to eat early, but I had a cup of tea instead. Only 21 calories for the honey.

I should be horseback riding in a few hours. It's inside a huge warehouse like building with a special dirt floor. We cancel for thunderstorms because nervous horses misbehave, but a light shower won't stop us.

There are some banking errands I can do meanwhile. I should be a good girl and do my chores.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    Tracy ,Kyle and Miles went out for Breakfast ,mr Miles had pancakes and was power napping after that..
    I did some weeding, and I have my stuff out trying to pack what im not using for the cruise.
    Got a call from Yale
    And they set me up for a stress test.. they wont do the treadmile one ,but give me a shot to make my heart race.. Swell..honestly this is making me more nervous than the surgery..
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    <3

Katla in Illinois