myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Allie—Congrats to Carmen for her cooking skills! Three cheers for her! 😊

Katla
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate water.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, 8187,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 101/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color! Didn’t do this. I must make time to do this.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 54 and finally got the motivation to try again. All it took was a hideous picture from the side which is now my before picture. One of my sons is getting married in November so that is a good motivation too. I have found that food prep is the key to my success. What are somethings that help you?

Pamela, Northern CA

Welcome Pamela-
    This is a great group, full of ladies with amazing suggestions and a lot of support.
    The thing that helps me is walking a lot.
    Most of my walking is done at the wetlands
    You are right about food prep. That makes a big difference

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • kevrit
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did one portion of Tony Horton’s 10 Minute Trainer DVD then took my walk. I need to take an umbrella with me since it’s so cloudy out and it starts to rain, then stops. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stairstepper at the gym (haven’t done that in a while) then go for the root canal (funsville!)

Rita – I really don’t mind the heat as long as there isn’t humidity. Take care. Now the cold, that REALLY bothers me. If I had my way totally, I’d spend 6 months in NC and 6 months in Arizona. But I know that won’t happen. Hopefully, you have access to a pool

Well...off to have breakfast then to Replacements.

Michele NC

I agree with the 6 months in the North (summer of course) and 6 months in the South. I don’t have a pool, but do live on a lake where the water is a constant 76 degrees! Think I’ll go soak today.

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Debbie - That Turkey was lucky to have found you. I couldn’t have touched it, I don’t like any type of birds up close.

Tracey in Edmonton

I couldn't get enough of that tiny little one. I was snuggling it all the time, even had it in the little beanie hat stuffed in the front of my tank top. It loved it, went right to sleep- liked being warm. I would pet it's little head and his eyes would close right away.
    Would have been fun to keep it but not right for it.(plus the getting up every two hours to turn the heating pad back on or move the time up again before it turned off was hard enough for one night, didn't want to do it for a few weeks, but would have if we didn't find the rescue)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    It's been quite a day! Bit of an adventure.

We rented hybrid bicycles ... first time we've rented bicycles. Not sure we would do that again.

Then we drove to a place to start riding about an hour away. I was adjusting the seat and when I went to dismount, I changed my mind halfway through the dismount and fell backward.

First thing that landed was my left elbow. Then my left hip. And then the bicycle landed on me.

Once I was untangled and up again, I felt all right to ride and off we went.

But we were on hybrids ... with wide tyres. So we certainly weren't zipping along even though the route was relatively flat.

I was loving the route ... relatively flat, beautiful scenery, a place we hadn't ridden in a long time. The weather was cold (it's winter) but not much wind and lots of sun.

However, my husband was really struggling with his hybrid and having a tough time of it.

We finished the ride, but outside the time limit. And when we finished, the temperature had dropped down to near 0C and my feet were blocks of ice.

I made the mistake of trying to look at my left elbow and set off a pain so bad, I had to sit down and breathe for a few moments before tossing back some painkillers.

Something to eat, drive back in the dark, and a shower. I needed help getting ready for the shower ... hard to move that left arm! Discovered a couple other bruises as well.

Then I had to lie down and breathe again ... nausea from the pain.

So ... adventure, trying new things, beautiful scenery. :)

But I may need to get that left elbow checked.

M in Oz

Oh no, so sorry the dang hybrid tripped you up. I too am finding bruising here and there from my fall. Its like, wow so that's why I was hurting there. Healing thoughts!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    [quote="K
    What's cooking in the country...
    Corey brought home a big bag of peaches and we had a package of strawberries from last Friday that we weren't going to eat before they could go off, so I loaded up the dehydrator and got it going. I've got it in the exercise room, as it's drying at 140 degrees, and I didn't want it to heat the kitchen all night. He really loved the dried red apricots, which were turned out far too tart for me... Learned that "clingfree" peaches actually means that the peach doesn't cling to the pits. These were NOT clingfree, and we had to evict the pits with extreme prejudice. :smiley: Who knew?

During his four days off, he canned ten jars of pickles, and bottled 30 bottles of beer. His cucumbers are producing like mad. His peppers and tomatoes are going to bear a bumper crop, it looks like, so this coming weekend or next, he will be making salsa. He's still eating the salsa he canned two years ago, so they last a long time... We got him a big burner he could set up outside to do the sweaty stuff like brewing beer and canning, and he was smiling just ear-to-ear every time he came inside. Love seeing him so happy--he deserves this, and I'm so glad we got to a place where he can do what he loves.

Lisa in Arkansas

Thanks for sharing your stories- love the ones about Corey and his cooking/canning. That is amazing. Something he can do that makes him so happy and so yummy later!!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • kevrit
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I'm sorry about Kirby's troubles, Pip, but thankful he isn't in pain. Is there something to be done, or is that yet to be determined?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

We didn’t know he had arthritis at all, if the doc wouldn’t have told him we wouldn’t have known any different. Won’t know what he will recommend for anything that is wrong with him until after they do more tests on him. What will those tests be ? I dunno. What would they do for someone who has arthritis but doesn’t feel any pain, or for someone that didn’t even know he had it, lololol. We will c

They'll probably do the same thing for someone (like me) who feels pain with arthritis (like me) ... absolutely nothing!

I have strong anti-inflammatory pills I can take when the arthritis in my feet gets especially painful, but that's it. I don't like taking them very often.

My physiotherapists tell me to keep moving.

M in Oz

We don’t expect the doc to do anything about the arthritis, one, there is no pain, two, he didn’t know he had it, if and when he does start to feel pain, we’ll deal with that when it comes. Right now our only concern/issue is lack of control of holding his bowel control and why it’s happening and is there anything that can be done about it

Sounds a bit like what happened to me. I know he has issues from a fall, but may be a type of colitis has developed because of it. I only say this because I’m in the midst of a colitis flair up and have no control either when this happens. Take my meds and stay close to bathroom.

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Lisa, loved the smiling Cory canning story. Shoot, when my mom canned, she swore like I sailor and I just stayed away, or she would bark orders at me! She hated the pressure cooker and watching her put that little round thingy on top that the steam hissed out of, well it reminded me of a person trying to handle nitroglycerin! I had a vision of the kitchen just exploding! So no smiles from the Curtis household.😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Machka and Rebecca, hope the bruises heal quickly!

Annie in Delaware
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Lovely plates!

Rita ~ There is no way I could live in the heat where you are. Hugs!

Allie ~ Carmine whipping up a delicious meal is amazing. Maybe there is a culinary class she could attend in her high school as that would really further her interest.

Canning ~ I have never canned anything. I guess I would be afraid of the process. My sister cans a lot because her husband plants a huge garden every year.

It's a rainy day in Georgia!

Carol
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Barbie Yay for no cancer!

Annie in Delaware
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We are home from the doctor. No cancer. Next colonoscopy for Jake in 2 years

Hooray!!!!!!

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka- did you go or at least schedule your 6month full body scan?
    (Just a gentle reminder if you haven't)
    Hard to believe our surgeries were already over 6 months ago

Debbie