• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well Ginger ate and got her out to potty and now home and relaxing with Alfie..
    Dan having a blast out in California ,im so glad.. and Tracy even though its in text sounds so relaxed..they are going to look for some dinner little boy is hungry..
    She promised to send pictures. She forgot his sand toys,but she said they would pick some up..
    They took Kyles car though and he is a fanatic about keeping it clean so we shall see about sand in his car lol
    I truly hope they have a great time.
    So nice to see both of my kids enjoying themselves
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-sounds like Egg is a little spoiled. Also, somedays my cats just act weird for no reason.
    Machka-I pretty much agree with your list of signs you're going to have a good day.
    Pip-they may just try some pt for the buying discs if no pain. It is all a question of how they are bulging. I had two herniated cervical discs fused years ago. The pains horrible. Arthritis just seems to be something we all get as we age-keep moving! Bowel problems? Maybe a bit of diverticulitis? Can't remember his symptoms.
    Heather-despite the rude awakening, you seem to have found a way to have a good day!
    LeeAnn-good plan going on vacation before testing. My next scans are July 27, but I am not expecting treatment like your DH. You said this is a recurrence-do you mind sharing what type of cancer he has had? They are coming out with some amazing treatments. You have had a rough couple of years. Just keep doing what you are doing-try to watch calories (and no one is perfect all of the time) and move-and have fun with your husband! Always cherish time together.
    Katla-so good to hear you are making the space your own!
    Rita-I'm heading for heat this weekend. Chandler is starting the summer warm up!
    Allie-too bad Carmine gave them such a hard time. I do think the made the right call in the three of them getting away. While I think they need to support Carmine, she/he has no right to try to hold them hostage either.

Too late for the bean discussion, but I haven't soaked navy beans over night ever. I have had good luck bringing to hard boiled for a bit (30 minutes or so) and then let simmer for an hour or so.

Well, the second place I looked at (a couple of months ago) beats out places I saw yesterday. It isn't that they are bad but they have next to no outside area-you can walk on the sidewalk. Also, they have a fairly heavy, older interior design in the common area. My preferred place is bright, lighter, has outside walking path through small woods and two fish ponds. Will keep an eye out since they are building new places even as I type-but I think I may have found it.

Bathroom closet cleaned! Off to get some other stuff taken care of before vacation.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

The bowel issue is a result of his getting hit by a car while riding his bike home years ago. That his caused the central cord syndrome that he has. True, arthritis I think is just part of age,
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Pip-thanks! I remember that now. While his side effect from it is pretty miserable, it could be much worse!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I'm sorry about Kirby's troubles, Pip, but thankful he isn't in pain. Is there something to be done, or is that yet to be determined?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

We didn’t know he had arthritis at all, if the doc wouldn’t have told him we wouldn’t have known any different. Won’t know what he will recommend for anything that is wrong with him until after they do more tests on him. What will those tests be ? I dunno. What would they do for someone who has arthritis but doesn’t feel any pain, or for someone that didn’t even know he had it, lololol. We will c

They'll probably do the same thing for someone (like me) who feels pain with arthritis (like me) ... absolutely nothing!

I have strong anti-inflammatory pills I can take when the arthritis in my feet gets especially painful, but that's it. I don't like taking them very often.

My physiotherapists tell me to keep moving.

M in Oz

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1104 calories. Yay! And I did twenty minutes on the bike and then the dumbbells. Yay! My deficit is 382. Yay! It's day 5 of my sister challenge, and it's going great!

Welcome Pamela! My best tip is to make sure you eat enough protein and fiber so you feel full.
    A wedding is excellent motivation. I will see my sister July 24, so I'm doing a sister challenge. I'm just trying extra hard to lose a bit before then.

Annie in Delaware