WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie ~ I really admire the way you have joined so many new ventures.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a body doubling group and have participated several times. I plan to join another one at noon and do a Leslie Sansone 3 mile video. I am also joining WW...am I allowed to say that on MyFitnessPal. There are coaching sessions (meetings) on Saturday mornings I plan to attend.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

:) I learned a long time ago that the best food and exercise plan is the one I'll stick to, so if you can find support from WW, you should make use of it. Many of us have found support from the ideas in the books we've read. One great thing about this thread is that we support each other on the path each of us chooses.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    misssixtea wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am a serial MFP lurker looking to get more active in the MFP online community! I'm almost 48, just wondering whether you mind if I join this board?

Thanks
    Clarie

:) If you enjoy being here, then you are welcome. Our ages span all the way up into way past 80. Being active on this thread by reading daily, has added a lot to my weight loss journey. I hope you find the same support. I walk a lot, ride my exercise bike and dance.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,050 Member
    Options
    Carol thanks for the hambone idea!

Pip, a larger blanket is a wonderful thing!

Rosemarie, an excellent bunch of new starts! What is body doubling?

I'm postponing my grocery run because of expected thunderstorms, so of course it looks bright and sunny outside. My mom had the heat on this morning. It's been a cool June.

Annie in Delaware
  • laltt
    laltt Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Tuesday greeted me with overcast skies and the sun trying to peek through. By 1p we’re supposed to have heavy rain storms, wind and possibly hail. At least we’re camping in a trailer! I did my 1.5 mile walk already and am sitting by the fishing pond watching my husband fish. I’m glad for this vacation as it’s the self-care I’m overdue for. I hope you’re enjoying you’re day! dp3rt8w7o75n.jpeg

LeeAnne from NY
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my garden.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23, and now constipated and nausea. Worried about Brad.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, 8187,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 110/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 23/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color! Didn’t do this. I must make time to do this.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement. Forgot to do this
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh. There is a funny tv show called “The Neighbors” about humans living next door to aliens that makes me laugh. Will watch that today.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to. I have one already!
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for. Boating on the Cumberland River in TN. So peaceful!
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others. Will do if i have the opportunity.
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it. I will try to remember! I did jigsaw puzzles all day.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy. Going to get some ice cream at sonic today after a Dr. Appt.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    LeeAnne ~ I did get your friend request but declined because I have found that I am not good at all in keeping up with accepting friends on MFP. In fact, I just forget to check and at this time have no friends. Please keep coming here because we all love to chat in Barbie's Women 50+ group.

Enjoy your vacation! Hope the weather does not turn bad on you.

Carol in GA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,793 Member
    Options
    Rita--How scary. Pray he is safe and stays that way.
    Lanette--HUGS! I also find it hard to ask for help. Glad you have friends to help when needed. I agree with Barbie it is easier to give then receive. It does each of us good to be the receiving person sometimes. Keeps us humble and is a Blessing to the giver. So glad your knee was not hurt worse. Think getting it elevated and ice right away helped.
    Tracey--It was a good weekend and we did go on our motorcycle ride Sunday. I think the weekend I was ill I picked up from DH.
    Well I have hired a lady. She can't start until July 24th and we did go around about the pay. She wanted more than any of my other staff are getting and I said no, this is what it pays. I agree interviewing is hard and you still don't know about the person until they start working. I just pray she learns fast and is a team player.So I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Annie--Reminded me of the time our smoke alarm had a low battery. Only I didn't know that and it was chirping and I thought it was a cricket in the house. So DS and I used a whole can of spray trying to find the cricket and moved everything around. DH came home and said it was the battery and changed it. Now when I hear that sound the first thing I check is smoke alarms.
    Have a staff meeting this afternoon. Our fiscal year ends Friday and they want us to have reports done by then. I think once this meeting is done and notes typed up I will be ready to start the new year.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,754 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... intermittent fasting most definitely has an element of "damage control!" :D

Rita ... hugs ...

Rosemarie ... everyone is welcome on MFP regardless of the health regimen they follow and you're always, most definitely welcome on this thread!

Beth near Buffalo

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    Been going in the pool. Bad news: our ceramics place is closing. The gal who runs it asked for a $3/hour raise. They didn’t even counter with something like “well, we’ll give you $1 this year and $1 next year”. So she found another job. See, she recently got divorced and no longer has the two incomes. So I’ll probably finish my gecko, she’s letting Vince bring home paints so he can finish his tree stump next week when they’re closed for the holiday, I’ll pick up my gecko on Monday and he’ll pick up his tree stump on Wednesday. Then it’ll be closed. I hope they find someone, but I’m not holding my breath.

Tracey – I see Ember has a tough job! Of course he/she has to go to sleep!

Lisa – wow! That’s fantastic that you’re paying the house off

Heather – how wonderful of you and Johnny! You both are angels, indeed

Vince bent down to get a measuring tape and felt a twinge in his back. As you can imagine, he’s concerned so he won’t go to ceramics tonight, I’ll go and get his tree stump and the paint

Claire – thanks for no longer lurking! Welcome! Of course you can join! Welcome to the boredom eating club (of which I’m president). Many people on here don’t do the friend thing, we interact on this thread.

Pip – what a dreamer you are! Thinking that you’ll have enough blanket for you and Bette just because you got a king size! I don’t know…….. lol

Vicki – I’m glad to hear you hired someone.

Off to dinner and then ceramics.

Michele NC
    who forgot to go to the gym after work today but will go tomorrow a.m and then do a Jillian Michaels Killer Cardio DVD on Thurs.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    Debbie - OMG!!! Destiny is so strong and so is her family. I'm totally speechless.

Michele NC
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    (((Destiny)))
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Oh so glad the epley maneuver worked for you. I notice my neck pain goes away, as well as my headaches. I can tell when it comes on though as I get a twinge in my neck. Its only at night that my vertigo shows, and I use the swirls as a sleep aide.😂😂
    Its only when I turn from side to side at night, so I appreciate that the evil vertigo gods don't bless me with it during the day.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

That's when mine still shows up, too! When I go from sitting up to laying down in the bed, I have to clutch the sheets on both sides because the whirlies make me feel as if I'm going to fall off. The days aren't nearly as bad now I've done the maneuver, but I can still feel it when I look up too quickly and try to focus on something above my head. Which makes grocery shopping a quite interesting procedure, since I'm 5'2" and can barely stand to look at the shelves that are higher than that.

There's certainly a specific tilt to the head that does it! I tend to sit up totally, then turn and nestle into the covers. If I just roll over it triggers a swirl.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa