Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    LeeAnne, Heather, and Flea ~ Love all the photos that you have blessed us with. Flea, that trip to the cave sounds scary! LeeAnne, your walking path is lovely. Heather, what an adventure!

Carol in GA :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Michele I just use what MFP gives me for the time I did the exercise. It may be high, but it's consistent. It actually bothers me that turning up the resistance on my bike won't get me more calorie credit for a twenty minute ride, but if I'm losing weight, then I can't complain.

Annie in Delaware

Kinda bums me out when I c that I only burn around 100 calories when I’ve ridden 5 miles on a spin bike. :0/

I found that I will burn usually 90-100 per mile when I run.

I know the healthier you are the more efficient your body uses energy/calories, but geez.

I use the calculation 100 calories for every 5 km when I ride outside. Given that I cycle at about 20 km/h, that's 400 calories per hour.

But apparently running burns about 60 calories per kilometre. At the moment, at my pace of running, that also works out to about 400 calories per hour. :neutral:

I don't know if this is right, but ... "A typical flight of stairs has around 20 steps, thus climbing them up and down uses 15 calories. So, you must climb 33.33 flights of steps ... in order to burn 500 calories every day."
    https://fitelo.co/is-climbing-stairs-good-for-weight-loss/

It doesn't take me long to climb 30 flights of 20 stairs, up and down plus landings, and I usually count that much climbing as about 250 calories, rather than the article's suggested 500 calories.

But when I'm climbing at least 25 flights, 4-5 days a week, I have found I lose weight faster or more steadily than if I were to depend on cycling or running.

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Barbie that made me laugh. The first portion of chocolate is part of my daily plan. It's the second portion, and those thereafter, that get me in trouble! Lol

LeeAnn ( hope I spelled that right) those are lovely pictures. You really have an eye for wildflowers!

I'm having my cup of tea, and fixing to get ready
    to start being productive.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Machka I'm not clear about calories for stair climbing on MFP. I think I would just use the stepper machine entry and enter the minutes. Partly because I can set a timer and not be bothered with counting. Although I see the numbers of flights can be motivating!

Our home stairs are closer to twelve steps. It's only an estimate either way.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Barbie - Every cruise company has different rules about formal nights. Here it is perfectly possible to stay casual all the time, but you couldn't eat in the Dining Room that formal evening, or go to the theatre. There is a very nice buffet grill, or you can get room service, and you can watch the shows on the TV in your room whenever you want. There are 3 formal nights on a 3 week trip. The rest of the time, anything is fine. Other companies have other options, but it's always fine not to dress up. My brother and DSIL never did the formals on their P&O cruises.
    Sometimes I feel I can't be bothered, and I notice a lot of women in just a smart pair of pants and a dressy blouse.
    A lot of people are far more comfortable eating in the self service grill anyway. We go there for port breakfasts.
    Food is ultra flexible with every choice imaginable, and they can cater for special diets. Healthy or plain eating is available, even in the Dining Room.
    Basically, whatever you want is at your command.

This afternoon I decided to have a bath while DH was out exploring the town. Getting in was fine, and I managed to wash my hair. Getting out was another matter! The bath was deep, narrow and slippery. I could not get a purchase on the base. Eventually I put the bath mat, which was hanging over the bath, on the floor of the empty bath and found I could lever myself up. My broken wrist hand is now strong enough for me to grip the grab bar and I climbed out. Too late I discovered that DH had returned and could have come in to help me if I had shouted!
    I was on the bed afterwards, putting lotion on my limbs, when the jacuzzi jets started up all by themselves! I couldn't turn it off, so rang reception. Then they just stopped! :p 😜

Oh well. It's the Crew Show tonight, which we always enjoy enormously. Wonderful to see the laundry ladies doing their dancing. Some of the guys have great voices. We love the YMCA rendition.

Love Heather, leaving Bodø now xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I counted 48 flights of 10 steps that I did the other day. I'm thinking that's around 200 calories. I certainly feel it after dinner !!! :o:p Hard work climbing 10 flights when you've eaten well.
    There are lifts, but it is a rule with me not to use them. I have broken my rule twice this cruise. In extremis. :p
    Hx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    nxlza5k0pcqz.jpg
    My son's house now has windows! He worked so hard to get those moved forward, endless cajoling. The architect was useless. :#
    Great to see progress!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,467 Member
    Options
    Machka - I’m glad your elbow isn’t broken, hoping it heals fast.

Katla - it’s smoky in our area too, but no fire handy.

Heather - glad you got to be where you wanted to be. It’s great that they followed up, hopefully they make some procedure changes.

Rosemarie - It’s good you are keeping busy today, it must be a difficult day.

Rita - the biggest hugs for you.

Rebecca - I wouldn’t use the term simple minded to describe you. I think the simple things make you happiest, but certainly not simple minded. :)

LeeAnn - pretty pictures, are they taken on your walking trail?

Flea - what a great trip.

I called my doctors office twice today to get the letter she told me would take a few days two weeks ago. I’m very concerned as my employer could technically dismiss me now for job abandonment since my first note expired. I’m praying I get the letter tomorrow.
    The stress of all of this is terrible.

I went to ceramics tonight and finished a little piece I started last week. Technically it is a match holder, but the back is cut out so that I can use it for a tea light holder.
    72cfwbyjkyee.jpeg

Next week I’ll finish a dragon for my son in law for Christmas.

Tracey in Edmonton

Oh true true! Maybe simplistic? My sister was talking about how she and I differ so much. Everything she needs to do around her home, her property etc is all so difficult and so physical, while my life isn't so much. It felt like she was kind of jealous of my simple life. I told her it is a great responsibility to be the steward of a 1875 year homestead. But you are in the drivers seat of how you want your life to play out. We are not going to put on her tombstone, "she weeded well and thorough". Or "she watered and mowed like a mother"! Hopefully she heard me.💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,467 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Our car shopping plan is starting to progress. My Sunday walking friend has asked to buy our current car. She will have cash available to buy it next month. Today we took money we had in savings and drove to the credit union 40 miles away to pay off the loan on our car. The drive was beautiful. We haven't been to Port Townsend in years so it was especially beautiful. Of course, it's summer so the traffic was heavy. It's still a few weeks until my friend will have the money to pay us and until the required cash distribution comes from my IRA so the sale of our car and the purchase of a new one is still a few weeks away.

:'( What troubles me is that by selling our car locally rather than trading it in to the dealer when we buy the next car, is that the dealers are in Seattle. The logistics of getting there may include me driving home in our current car and Jake driving the new car. Not what I want to do.

:)Annie, have you thought about listing a piece of nighttime chocolate as part of your food plan so it doesn't seem like a weakness or bump in the road? or your daily prize for some special extra exercise?

:)Heather, I like the parts of your trip where you wear slacks and a warm jacket. That is more my style than the fancy dress up clothing. Could someone go on your cruise without the dress up clothing and just be casual the whole time?

<3Machka, Your elbow looks so sore and it's my experience that the older we are, the longer things take to heal. I wish you patience and you wait out the healing process.

:)Rebecca, you and I both are happy doing the simple things. It's a great way to live.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I think after living such a hectic one, moving every 4 years etc, raising kids, etc, its nice to just be. I still have some stress and yes its still Navy related, but nothing I have control over. So I try to let it all go. Things happen as they must happen. I will not waste energy worrying.💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    How goes it? Rita- what is a functional dr? My GP is leaving.. so I might have to look for someone else..
    I just don't want to be given pills for every thing. But have to make sure it is covered by medicare and supplmental.
    Heather- how at least I would love to come see a travelog of your cruise and all the fun places you went,you have heard me tell stories of my paternal grandmother cruising with her sisters on Cunard.I know they went to Bermuda once and we got to walk them on the ship down in NYC.
    And I think they took a couple of transatlantic ones too. Good for them I say.. maybe thats were I get my adventurous spirit from..I know they will be with me when I go..
    I hear a few thunderboomers around.
    I put Alfies spiffy car seat in the car ,ill take a picture tomorrow.
    Poor little boy got stung by a bee on his toe ,but mommy got the stinger out..

A functional doctor focus on the root cause of the issue, not just treating the symptoms. That’s why they rely on blood tests so often. The will prescribe medicines, while supporting that with nutrition and healthy means of treating the problem. Through their treatments, I’ve lowered my A1C from 7.0 to 5.1 (from diabetes needing medication to non-diabetic) and my fatty liver disease (NASH) has almost vanished. I really recommend this type of doctor. The old saying “you are what you eat” is proven with my results.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Allie, I did a search on “near Hartford” and there are a lot of them there. I was surprised!
    emwry1mplak3.jpeg

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my son coming to his senses.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23, and now constipated and nausea. Worried about Brad.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, 8187,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 113/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 23/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color! Didn’t do this. I must make time to do this.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement. Forgot to do this
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh. There is a funny tv show called “The Neighbors” about humans living next door to aliens that makes me laugh. Will watch that today.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to. I have one already!
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for. Boating on the Cumberland River in TN. So peaceful!
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others. Will do if i have the opportunity.
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it. I will try to remember! I did jigsaw puzzles all day.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy. Going to get some ice cream at sonic today after a Dr. Appt.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people. I’ve noticed that just a smile to a stranger changes their visage.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.—Always
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rita-- It is so hard to watch our children when they are messing up. Sending hugs and prayers. You vent all you want that is what we are here for. Glad to hear DS came to his senses.
    Flea--WOW! What an adventure. Know I could never do that. Enjoy hearing about it.
    Heather--I am so enjoying your trip with all the pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    Carol--Your grand dogs look very relaxed and happy.
    DH is going to stop at the vets today and see if they will give us something to help our 2 fur babies during the fireworks. Poor Kia last night just ran circles around the house barking everytime one went off. Oscar just cuddles close and shakes.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today. May only see Joe today, but done already. ;}
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people. Hope encouraging and listening to G sent her out feeling seen/heard/not alone. At least she was smiling.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy. Line dance class.
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it. Look for that hula hoop! –found it in rafters, wll ask Joe to bring it down when he gets back from labs.
    Does anyone have recommendation for taking alpha lipoic acid? Dr. said to take 600 mg, but it gives me awful heart burn, whether after a meal or on an empty stomach. :sick:
    Amazed at how well Joe is doing on his mission to reduce sugar. He sorted through his food stash and gave me a grocery bag full of foods to take to the food bank because of their added sugar. He (and all you sugar/carb restricted low gals) inspired me to take a hard look at my sugar consumption. :sick: [gulp] :sick: Over the last month I’ve averaged 73 g of sugar, an entire ounce above mfp’s generous 45 g max. The very high days (>100g) were due primarily to 5+ pcs of candy vs, only 1 on the very low days. Blame it on that after-dinner binge TV watching unmindful-hand-to mouth. Knowledge gives power. July, will stop tracking veggies (established good variety) and start paying attention to candy. Will try to march in place while watching TV, and if that fails, Kay’s Reddi-whip strategy.
    Pip “splattered” :noway: ditto what Annie said about Chispa’s pouch.
    Rosemarie had to Google body doubling, sounds like you’re taking great strides. (gentle hugs) for this sad first wedding anniversary after Paul’s passing.
    Barbie “. . . One great thing about this thread is that we support each other on the path each of us chooses.” well said!
    Lisa and Carol thanks for explaining to the newbies about why many of us on this thread don’t do the friend thing.
    Rori your smiling face always cheers me.
    Vick “…Keeps us humble and is a Blessing to the giver.” Truth this!
    Beth “…damage control” :laugh: so apt!
    Heather, what Michele said about you and Johnny being angels to that poor woman. You model character, being kind and gracious while respecting your own wellbeing. Great outfit, a classic! Your joy shines out from all the pictures as well as your paintings. :love: :love: :love: the synchronized swimming pilot whales! Thought they were dolphins ;} How does Saga arrange that?!? :laugh:
    Debbie :cry: Praying Destiny has peace and no pain, and for some comfort to come to her family. :cry:
    Annie “worrying for nothing”… one of my favorite indoor sports, especially after dark. :} Maybe we should try the couch to 5K together? Nothing says we have to do it F A S T ;)
    Machka oww that is awful. Sometimes a clean break is better than the wrench you must have gotten to show such bruising. (gentle hugs)
    Lanette thanks for the Michael Mosley "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" BBC documentary reminder. “leaving the junk food alone after supper” you and me sister, you and me.
    Flea thanks so much for sharing the pics. Swim into the cave containing human remains? Was it dark at any time of the journey? :noway:
    Kim like your “trades” suggestions. Well done!
    Rita tough love. (((hugs held extra long))) Fixed your cholesterol with MCT oil? Would you share before and after numbers?
    Rebecca shower, self massage with coconut oil, coffee. You have found your keys to happiness! Hope your sister’s ears were open to your tombstone wisdom. ;}
    Allie was it Alfie or Miles who got the bee sting on his toe? So glad to hear you’ll get some time at the lake house. :love: the pics of Miles with Ginger.
    Carol after you find a functional medicine practitioner, https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/ (be sure s/he’s an MD, DO or NP NOT just PHD) check medicare.gov to be sure s/he charges the Medicare approved amount. The Medicare website doesn’t list functional medicine as a practice so our local functional DO is listed under Internal Medicine.
    @ laltt well done LeAnn! I covet your lilies of the valley, wish they’d grow here. Remind me of your general locale?
    Michele silken tofu instead of oil in chocolate cupcakes? Hmm, that MIGHT be a way I could tolerate tofu :laugh: Sorry to hear your creamics place is closing, know you’ve gotten much joy from that craft.
    Tracey yours to Rebecca. Appreciating simple pleasures is not simple minded. Sorry for the stress. Can you go in person to the Dr’s office and get the letter in hand and fax / email it to your work from their office? Joe has taught me that sometimes “face to face” is the only way to get things done :{ :love: the fireplace tea light holder. What a great Christmas gift/decoration!
    Debbie and Machka, I see you beat me to it! Sad but true.
    Katla rejoicing that at least one hummingbird has found your feeder!
    Barbie what kind of new car does Jake want?
    Pip doesn’t your HRM register more than 100 calories 5 miles on the spin bike? Just doesn’t seem right!
    Margaret I remember your N100 mask at the beginning of the pandemic. Glad you are informed and careful about asbestos.
    Vicki no firework sounds here yet, maybe the neighbors are taking the wildfire risk seriously for a change. Tumble just pants, but Shadow does try to hide so I might just up her fluoxetine for the next few days. Thanks for the alert!
    That’s it. Time to stand up, do PT, break fast and take the dogs down to the powerline. Since no dance class today I’ll try going all the way down to the cistern meadow, or maybe take Shadow down the lane. Need to up those steps and heart rate!
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. 1-Blue skies. 2-views of the ocean on way into town and on stroll chat with T. 3-sharing worries and laughter with D. 4-Pianist’s choice of offertory-congregation gave her an ovation. 5-Perfect temperature today, 70 degrees at 10 am, blue sky, sunshine, only the merest breeze to keep the air fresh. That “ahh I’m home” feeling. And then there was the birdsong. 6-cool still day perfect for burnbarreling the fernwhackings.7-Pomegranate/kombucha soothing my sore throat, thanks Lanette! 8-Zicam minimizing cold symptoms. 9-Joe volunteering to pick me up something from Freddie’s-Minestrone! 10-Jeopardy walking for the first time since got this cold. 11-vimeo-ed church but feel well enough to take dogs to powerline and play with plants on this gorgeous day. 12-Shower and clean linens after sweating for a week. 13-felt well enough for line dancing at the Grange. 14-H’s wife D’s yellow cake with buttercream frosting. Yum. 15-Joe liked his birthday book and cupcakes.16-drone was on clearance, $20 less than labeled. ;). 17-Blue sky, warm sun, wind held off ‘til after dog group. 18-dogs to powerline instead of Dirty Cello. 19-Joe’s feeling better. 20-Thanksgiving for serendipitous math sour cream mistake.
    21-Discovered knife sharpening guy at farmers’ market. 22-Art stroll and coffee at the boardwalk with D. 23-Surprise text and visit from M, J, R, C and Cl!!! 24-dog group at HBVC. 25-admired Joe’s whack work down the cistern path. 26-email from Ki. 27-little ankle/balance blip didn’t hurt and had no effect. 28-last night, heard Tumble being sick so was able to clean it up before stepping in it barefoot ;}.
    06/28: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&1.5a, line dance class, dogs to powerline. steps:
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: CI=1209 CO=670
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, library, post office, gas. Wt: 132.5
    06/27: Move: 2 sets PT w/dx2, line dance class. steps: 7700 sooo close ;}
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+6= almonds, artichoke, asparagus, brown rice, kashi, kombucha, peanuts, pineapple, pomegranate juice, popcorn, tea, v8, wheat flour-ginger snaps. CI=1389 CO=621
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, reconcile Discover card, filing, call Dr. P for rx, Dr. S for dilation info, prep salad and strawberries for Joe. Wt: 133.4
    06/26: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dance class. steps: 7273
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7= asparagus, brown rice, kashi, pineapple, popcorn, tea, wheat flour-ginger snaps. CI=1292 CO=594
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, laundry, library, post office, BiMart, Grocery Outlet. Wt: 133.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Barbaraour new car will be a previously owned Tesla either model 3 or model S. It will depend on what's available on the day we get all our money together. I'd like a red one but red is generally much more expensive than the other colors 🚗😺🌻
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Barbara the first step is a brisk 5 min walk for a warm up, followed by intervals with a sixty second run. So I'm considering whether I'm ready for that, and how I would manage the timing. Also I would likely need new shoes. And better excuses LOL!

Annie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today. May only see Joe today, but done already. ;}
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people. Hope encouraging and listening to G sent her out feeling seen/heard/not alone. At least she was smiling.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy. Line dance class.
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it. Look for that hula hoop! –found it in rafters, wll ask Joe to bring it down when he gets back from labs.
    Does anyone have recommendation for taking alpha lipoic acid? Dr. said to take 600 mg, but it gives me awful heart burn, whether after a meal or on an empty stomach. :sick:
    Amazed at how well Joe is doing on his mission to reduce sugar. He sorted through his food stash and gave me a grocery bag full of foods to take to the food bank because of their added sugar. He (and all you sugar/carb restricted low gals) inspired me to take a hard look at my sugar consumption. :sick: [gulp] :sick: Over the last month I’ve averaged 73 g of sugar, an entire ounce above mfp’s generous 45 g max. The very high days (>100g) were due primarily to 5+ pcs of candy vs, only 1 on the very low days. Blame it on that after-dinner binge TV watching unmindful-hand-to mouth. Knowledge gives power. July, will stop tracking veggies (established good variety) and start paying attention to candy. Will try to march in place while watching TV, and if that fails, Kay’s Reddi-whip strategy.
    Pip “splattered” :noway: ditto what Annie said about Chispa’s pouch.
    Rosemarie had to Google body doubling, sounds like you’re taking great strides. (gentle hugs) for this sad first wedding anniversary after Paul’s passing.
    Barbie “. . . One great thing about this thread is that we support each other on the path each of us chooses.” well said!
    Lisa and Carol thanks for explaining to the newbies about why many of us on this thread don’t do the friend thing.
    Rori your smiling face always cheers me.
    Vick “…Keeps us humble and is a Blessing to the giver.” Truth this!
    Beth “…damage control” :laugh: so apt!
    Heather, what Michele said about you and Johnny being angels to that poor woman. You model character, being kind and gracious while respecting your own wellbeing. Great outfit, a classic! Your joy shines out from all the pictures as well as your paintings. :love: :love: :love: the synchronized swimming pilot whales! Thought they were dolphins ;} How does Saga arrange that?!? :laugh:
    Debbie :cry: Praying Destiny has peace and no pain, and for some comfort to come to her family. :cry:
    Annie “worrying for nothing”… one of my favorite indoor sports, especially after dark. :} Maybe we should try the couch to 5K together? Nothing says we have to do it F A S T ;)
    Machka oww that is awful. Sometimes a clean break is better than the wrench you must have gotten to show such bruising. (gentle hugs)
    Lanette thanks for the Michael Mosley "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" BBC documentary reminder. “leaving the junk food alone after supper” you and me sister, you and me.
    Flea thanks so much for sharing the pics. Swim into the cave containing human remains? Was it dark at any time of the journey? :noway:
    Kim like your “trades” suggestions. Well done!
    Rita tough love. (((hugs held extra long))) Fixed your cholesterol with MCT oil? Would you share before and after numbers?
    Rebecca shower, self massage with coconut oil, coffee. You have found your keys to happiness! Hope your sister’s ears were open to your tombstone wisdom. ;}
    Allie was it Alfie or Miles who got the bee sting on his toe? So glad to hear you’ll get some time at the lake house. :love: the pics of Miles with Ginger.
    Carol after you find a functional medicine practitioner, https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/ (be sure s/he’s an MD, DO or NP NOT just PHD) check medicare.gov to be sure s/he charges the Medicare approved amount. The Medicare website doesn’t list functional medicine as a practice so our local functional DO is listed under Internal Medicine.
    @ laltt well done LeAnn! I covet your lilies of the valley, wish they’d grow here. Remind me of your general locale?
    Michele silken tofu instead of oil in chocolate cupcakes? Hmm, that MIGHT be a way I could tolerate tofu :laugh: Sorry to hear your creamics place is closing, know you’ve gotten much joy from that craft.
    Tracey yours to Rebecca. Appreciating simple pleasures is not simple minded. Sorry for the stress. Can you go in person to the Dr’s office and get the letter in hand and fax / email it to your work from their office? Joe has taught me that sometimes “face to face” is the only way to get things done :{ :love: the fireplace tea light holder. What a great Christmas gift/decoration!
    Debbie and Machka, I see you beat me to it! Sad but true.
    Katla rejoicing that at least one hummingbird has found your feeder!
    Barbie what kind of new car does Jake want?
    Pip doesn’t your HRM register more than 100 calories 5 miles on the spin bike? Just doesn’t seem right!
    Margaret I remember your N100 mask at the beginning of the pandemic. Glad you are informed and careful about asbestos.
    Vicki no firework sounds here yet, maybe the neighbors are taking the wildfire risk seriously for a change. Tumble just pants, but Shadow does try to hide so I might just up her fluoxetine for the next few days. Thanks for the alert!
    That’s it. Time to stand up, do PT, break fast and take the dogs down to the powerline. Since no dance class today I’ll try going all the way down to the cistern meadow, or maybe take Shadow down the lane. Need to up those steps and heart rate!
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. 1-Blue skies. 2-views of the ocean on way into town and on stroll chat with T. 3-sharing worries and laughter with D. 4-Pianist’s choice of offertory-congregation gave her an ovation. 5-Perfect temperature today, 70 degrees at 10 am, blue sky, sunshine, only the merest breeze to keep the air fresh. That “ahh I’m home” feeling. And then there was the birdsong. 6-cool still day perfect for burnbarreling the fernwhackings.7-Pomegranate/kombucha soothing my sore throat, thanks Lanette! 8-Zicam minimizing cold symptoms. 9-Joe volunteering to pick me up something from Freddie’s-Minestrone! 10-Jeopardy walking for the first time since got this cold. 11-vimeo-ed church but feel well enough to take dogs to powerline and play with plants on this gorgeous day. 12-Shower and clean linens after sweating for a week. 13-felt well enough for line dancing at the Grange. 14-H’s wife D’s yellow cake with buttercream frosting. Yum. 15-Joe liked his birthday book and cupcakes.16-drone was on clearance, $20 less than labeled. ;). 17-Blue sky, warm sun, wind held off ‘til after dog group. 18-dogs to powerline instead of Dirty Cello. 19-Joe’s feeling better. 20-Thanksgiving for serendipitous math sour cream mistake.
    21-Discovered knife sharpening guy at farmers’ market. 22-Art stroll and coffee at the boardwalk with D. 23-Surprise text and visit from M, J, R, C and Cl!!! 24-dog group at HBVC. 25-admired Joe’s whack work down the cistern path. 26-email from Ki. 27-little ankle/balance blip didn’t hurt and had no effect. 28-last night, heard Tumble being sick so was able to clean it up before stepping in it barefoot ;}.
    06/28: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&1.5a, line dance class, dogs to powerline. steps:
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: CI=1209 CO=670
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, library, post office, gas. Wt: 132.5
    06/27: Move: 2 sets PT w/dx2, line dance class. steps: 7700 sooo close ;}
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+6= almonds, artichoke, asparagus, brown rice, kashi, kombucha, peanuts, pineapple, pomegranate juice, popcorn, tea, v8, wheat flour-ginger snaps. CI=1389 CO=621
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, reconcile Discover card, filing, call Dr. P for rx, Dr. S for dilation info, prep salad and strawberries for Joe. Wt: 133.4
    06/26: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dance class. steps: 7273
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7= asparagus, brown rice, kashi, pineapple, popcorn, tea, wheat flour-ginger snaps. CI=1292 CO=594
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, laundry, library, post office, BiMart, Grocery Outlet. Wt: 133.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I’ve never looked or cared what a spin bike, elliptical machine, stair stepper, treadmill said as far as the calorie count that I burned, I’ve always used my Apple Watch. The machines usually say that I have burned more than what my watch says.