WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Machka I'm not clear about calories for stair climbing on MFP. I think I would just use the stepper machine entry and enter the minutes. Partly because I can set a timer and not be bothered with counting. Although I see the numbers of flights can be motivating!

Our home stairs are closer to twelve steps. It's only an estimate either way.

Annie in Delaware

I use Walking Up Stairs.
    And I have a formula in Excel that gives me the minutes.
    I don't do all the climbing at once. It's like 4 flights in the morning. 11 flights mid morning. And so on.

And you're right, it is all an estimate.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,174 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies sheesh im in bed,what a drive.. somehow,I can't hook up to the wifi so I'll make it brief.
    It was Miles who got stung by the bee,as I was leaving today he was standing at the door blowing me kisses
    Nighty night. Its beautiful up here.ill take pictures.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka - I’m glad your elbow isn’t broken, hoping it heals fast.

Katla - it’s smoky in our area too, but no fire handy.

Heather - glad you got to be where you wanted to be. It’s great that they followed up, hopefully they make some procedure changes.

Rosemarie - It’s good you are keeping busy today, it must be a difficult day.

Rita - the biggest hugs for you.

Rebecca - I wouldn’t use the term simple minded to describe you. I think the simple things make you happiest, but certainly not simple minded. :)

LeeAnn - pretty pictures, are they taken on your walking trail?

Flea - what a great trip.

I called my doctors office twice today to get the letter she told me would take a few days two weeks ago. I’m very concerned as my employer could technically dismiss me now for job abandonment since my first note expired. I’m praying I get the letter tomorrow.
    The stress of all of this is terrible.

I went to ceramics tonight and finished a little piece I started last week. Technically it is a match holder, but the back is cut out so that I can use it for a tea light holder.
    72cfwbyjkyee.jpeg

Next week I’ll finish a dragon for my son in law for Christmas.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey- can you go to the doctor's office and remind them that you need the letter, like last week!. Stay there until they give it to you.

I have thought about that, I just don’t think it would do any good. I have had this doctor 25 years and have never had a problem. She has called me at 9pm one night, 630 another. She called my daughter at 730 one night after her husband asked a question earlier in the day. She found the answer and called. So I’m shocked at this really.

Tracey
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options

Did Jillian Michael’s Killer Cardio DVD then walked to Food Lion to get Triscuits for Vince that are on sale.

Tracey – I would do what Debbie recommended, make a pain of yourself and go to the doctor’s office and get the letter!

Went in the pool. Lazy day here

Rita – how relieved you must be that your son finally came to his senses. I know that I am.

Vince think that he had a little bit of heat stroke. I honestly don’t know. Anyway, he didn’t go for a walk this evening so I just went around the block myself.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1283 calories which is high for me. And some extra salt which might ruin tomorrow's weigh-in. So I did thirty minutes on the bike, and 40 reps of the dumbbells, Yay! But my deficit is only 312. Better than nothing.

So day 14 was okay.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
  • laltt
    laltt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Snowflake1968 wrote: »
    Machka - I’m glad your elbow isn’t broken, hoping it heals fast.

Katla - it’s smoky in our area too, but no fire handy.

Heather - glad you got to be where you wanted to be. It’s great that they followed up, hopefully they make some procedure changes.

Rosemarie - It’s good you are keeping busy today, it must be a difficult day.

Rita - the biggest hugs for you.

Rebecca - I wouldn’t use the term simple minded to describe you. I think the simple things make you happiest, but certainly not simple minded. :)

LeeAnn - pretty pictures, are they taken on your walking trail?

Flea - what a great trip.

I called my doctors office twice today to get the letter she told me would take a few days two weeks ago. I’m very concerned as my employer could technically dismiss me now for job abandonment since my first note expired. I’m praying I get the letter tomorrow.
    The stress of all of this is terrible.

I went to ceramics tonight and finished a little piece I started last week. Technically it is a match holder, but the back is cut out so that I can use it for a tea light holder.

Snowflake1968-Yes the pictures are all along the walking trail at the campground I’m at. Makes it easy to get the steps in. 😀
  • laltt
    laltt Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Great job RVRita! Your HgbA1C shows your hard work.

LeeAnne in NY
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,468 Member
    Options
    Today husband and I went to our on base commissary today and all the dairy, frozen, meat, and veggies sections were yellow flagged, and plastic covered. So a power outage but the dry goods sections were of course open, and the registers were open with emergency power for them. Not quite sure what happened, but we'll go back on Sunday for a go at the areas that were closed today.

I bought some sugar free frosting and graham crackers. Both of us like those, and you frost a sleeve of the crackers, put in a plastic baggie, but keep the baggie open a smidge. Then the crisp graham crackers get soft and the frosting gets a wee bit hard. A cracker with coffee in the afternoon, I'm happy.
    Dear husband has had quite a sweet tooth.

He went to the library today and came back with a Dairy Queen chocolate shake for him, and a peanut buster parfait for me. He's so bad, but I love the goober.

Watched the 3part series about Bill Cosby. So enlightening and an eye opener!
    Also watched the 3 part series called "Arnold" about Arnold Schwarzenegger. Very entertaining. I remember voting him in as the governor of CA. He put his foot in his mouth more times than I could count, but visually he was charismatic. 😁💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,174 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening.
    Our hot spell has broken. It’s been overcast most of the last couple of days, but so very hot when we get a sunny spell that it’s difficult to know what to wear at times.

Planning to go to Parchment Craft after lunch. It my last group meeting until September, so will have a more leisurely schedule. Lots of outdoor time if the weather is kind.

I thought this was a good reminder to me to keep working on my habit development. Mind over matter 😝
    s3x7sjp13x8t.jpg

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 to all

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Finally connected to internet, but its cloudy and overcast.
    Still its the lake.. and its great...will catch up soon.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Does anyone do interval training? Where you do a minute of really intense exercise in between rest periods of less intense exercise? I'm curious about how to time them. The internet is full of how many seconds of this and that, but I can't figure out how to operate a stopwatch/phone/watch while I'm in the intense phase. It takes me five seconds to get out my phone and wake it up to check the time. Am I missing the secret?

Annie in Delaware
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    Annie - I don’t do this, but you could set a series of alarms on your phone beforehand I bet.