Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate kind people.

Meditation: daily.21/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Emotionally and physically feeling better otherwise.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, 6411, 5736,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 150/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)63/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 15/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 26/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture. Trying to see my son’s decisions through his eyes.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them. I did not do this.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation. My son is bonding with his uncle and grandmother.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”. I will try to remember to do this. Write them in my journal.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation. I worked on this. I also learned a breathing technique to help.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head. I do this every day, but the triple digit heat is preventing it.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step. I have to think about this.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts. Controlled breathing helped here.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today. I use tenacity often so expect to use it here.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter. I will try!
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. I need to really remember this!
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself. I will definitely try.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life. Therapy, someone to talk to, long walks alone all help me through tough times, medication as well.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down. 1. I hope my son makes good decisions. 2. I am hopeful that I will find the right place to retire. 3. I am hopeful that I will be able to visit family very soon.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) This has been my new life since I found MFP in 2009. I know what foods are nutrition dense and healthy for me and those are the foods I eat. I seek every opportunity to be active. I don't eat for recreation, entertainment, or stress reduction. I don't eat to please other people. I make intentional decisions to deviate from my plan and don't have any "finish line". I want to live a long and healthy life. I make a point of seeking out people who are encouraging and stay away from those who aren't. It helps me to have a routine so I don't lose time and energy trying to decide what to do. It is because of MFP and this thread that I've figured out what works for me and get the encouragement to continue day by day.

:)Kim, Bravo for telling you mom that she can't live with you. Saying no is difficult. My mom was difficult like yours so your stories ring true with me. My mother lived the last years of her life with a live in caregiver who was able to deal with her many quirks.

:)Ginny, Your "collapse" story was scary. Glad you are OK.

:) That reminds me that Jake had a scary almost collapse a few years ago one morning at the grocery store. When I asked him about it, it turned out that he had gone out having consumed only coffee with no water or breakfast. Fortunately, he learned quickly and now he is faithful to have water and a protein filled breakfast before he does anything that requires energy.

:) My walk this morning will be interesting. There is a neighbourhood garage sale so people will be setting up at the time we'll be walking. It will make for different sights than the usual.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I wish we could find a trustworthy live in person for MIL that wouldn't charge a ton. That would solve a lot of the issues. We did hire one lady. MIL spent the first day, not letting the lady do anything. Just talked *kitten* about dh and I. When the lady didn't agree with the bs she was saying, she made the second day terrible for the lady. DH walked in the house, MIL had the tv on highest volumn, wouldn't let the lady turn it down, was yelling at her. The lady was shaking and couldn't get out fast enough. It was supposed to be a one week trial but only lasted the two days.
    I think that needs to be the next step before putting her in a home. Then she can continue to cook, have her dog, have all her things with her. This will be something dh and I need to discuss.
    We would remove a few things from the house, as to not temp someone(Jewelry from Okinawa, etc. MIL has told dh a few times she wants me to take it so that one friend of the other son's who hangs out over there once in a while doesn't steal it- I am NOT falling for that trap- she will say I stole it- we can put it in a safety deposit box and I will pay for that). If we can get someone for like $500 a week plus a room to stay in- they wouldn't have to be there full time- They could work part time but just be there mornings and evenings or what ever. We had considered Ezie's grandpa to be care giver. MIL likes him. But dh doesn't trust him to not steal from MIL. That is what he got fired for the last two jobs.
    DH just needs to think with a clear mind, not a poor pitiful me/spiteful mind.
    Even if we had to pay them more, it would still be worth it for dh's mental health and cheaper than a rest home.

Debbie

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    After the pool went to WalMart because had coleslaw for dinner and I didn’t realize Vince didn’t have any coleslaw dressing (I just use ACV). Then went to Michael’s where I got thimbles and a ruler for free plus I returned some embroidery thread I bought. Then since I was right there stopped at Ross to see about tablecloths but they didn’t have any then went to a store 5 Below (I’d never been in it) to see if they had tablecloths but they don’t sell them. Did get a sign for Colby for Christmas. Then home to have dinner

Sat. here:

Rita – I’m so sorry about your infection. I do hope it clears up soon. Great about your son

Ginny – take care of yourself, especially in this heat. I have an insulated thermos that really keeps the water cold. Maybe you could do something like that, keep cold water nearby to drink

Just came in from cutting the grass. I was almost finished and it started raining so I just finished. Didn’t last long, I was able to go out and sweep.

‘The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred DVD. We shall see how it goes

Started revitalizing my sourdough. We’ll have bread in a few days probably. Haven’t had that in a while

Kim – there is no way on this green earth I’d accept $300. Or $3,000,000,000 for that matter. Good for you saying “no”

Lisa ETC – I bet your foccacia tastes as good as it smells, probably even better

Allie -= feel better soon

Off to church in a few.

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    OH, KJ - I wanted to ask you if you have any ideas for a toy that we can give to PJ? He seems to like "active" things (like he likes the trampoline we gave him and the slide). They don't have a lot of room. I suggested a punching bag but Vince doesn't think that'd be a good idea. He thinks it encourages violence. I then suggested this stomp missle thing but he said (which is probably true) that the missles would probably wind up on someone's roof. Any ideas?

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/family- 1hr 40sec, 29elev, 2.51ap, 88ahr, 102mhr, 2.61mi= 255c
    Strava app= 320c

Short walk , going to pack up cuz we leave tomorrow
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Well he didn't throw it on the ground he was good and just put it on the ground lol,thats why its moms phone and not mine lol.

Heehee! I just know the wiring in kids brains is really complex! We take our kids to the beach having them throw sand in buckets and teaching them to invert the pails onto sand and clap when they do. Then we take same kid home to feed them in a highchair so what do they do? They invert their food, and throw containers over the side. Heck they've been doing it all day, with much fanfare so...? Why is it suddenly bad activity now? Haahaa!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Michelle-I keep water with me. I think in the afternoon at work (before I went) I slowed down drinking and then standing on the asphalt next to the running cars I didn't realize how much it was getting to me. Told my kids about it-they want me hitting a bottle of body armor lyte everyday along with my regular. I also eat relatively low sodium, so need to keep eye on that in heat.
    Rebecca-good news about son's assignment! That sounds like a win for all of you. Love the beach shots.

Ginny in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)Rebecca that's great news that your son has a post he'll enjoy and you get to stay in your place 😀
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Who knows what creeping crud i have now.. all I know is its in my head and sinuses..my teeth hurt too.
    Ive slept on and off all day..
    I don't want to keep taking all sorts of meds..
    Im thinking of maybe buying an air purifier for the bedroom.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Allie sorry to hear you are sick. Take care!

Rebecca I love Athena's hair! They look to be having a great time. And Japan is excellent news!

Darn it. I'm back to impulse eating chocolate. But I can quit!

Annie in Delaware