50 Shades of Grey

Options

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    attention guys- get this book and read your lady or lady of evening a bed time story and thank me later.

Idea generator?
    Made me never want to have sex again, ever, with anyone. Blech.

And totally took me back to the abusive relationship I was in when I was 19.

It's like a 101 guide to an unhealthy relationship. Plus she blatantly misused the oxford comma.

And you can get better smut online for free. With correct grammar and less dun-con.

I have never read any part of it nor will but a person who did described the general plot and I said "so it is a book that makes a parody of all the stereotypical bad/stupid choices a woman can make getting into a relationship".

My guess is that it brought something a bit mysterious and perhaps taboo for many into a bit of the mainstream so it was their first real reading of BDSM stuff (disclosure...not my thing but not offended by it) and as such the book was alluring.
    Those of us saying it's a textbook abusive relationship are not saying so because of the "BDSM," which really isn't BDSM at all. We're saying it because if the CG character were not rich and handsome, Ana would have taken out a restraining order against him by chapter 3.

Ditto. And any man who read this to me expecting me to get all hot and bothered would find himself outside in the cold dark in about 30 seconds flat. This book is the epitome of everything I never want. I am not one of those "this is the death of society" people, but the number of women out there who think this is a love story makes me really tempted to lose faith in us as a species.
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    If this ruins SOA for me I'll be very disapointed.

THIS!!!

Poorly written books. Bleh
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm quite looking forward to the dramatisation of this book:
    51d0ojuwHbL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX342_SY445_CR,0,0,342,445_SH20_OU02_.jpg
    I'd actually go see that one. And still respect the actors in it.
  • becckii
    becckii Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wanted Ian Somerhalder and Alexis Bledel. Regardless of casting the books were awful and had no plot. (I guess that was to be expected when she used Twilight as inspiration!) I have no idea how this film will turn out but I have zero expectations for it.
  • rml_16
    Options
    My personal choice for Christian is Patrick Bergin. He's already got the role down pat.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Make your own movie or get online and search free amateur BDSM. Much more fun and cheaper.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If the rule applies that the book is always better than the movie..this one is in BIG trouble already. I barely finished the first book because I just couldn't get past the horrible writing. :noway:

I hope these actors are practicing up on their 'blushing, flushing and gasping", because that's pretty much half the text of the book :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I hope these actors are practicing up on their 'blushing, flushing and gasping", because that's pretty much half the text of the book :laugh:

Oh lord, and a few mentioned the term "inner goddess"...sigh. I'm guilty havent read it, but have surmised it quite nicely on my own. Pretty much any time you see some cheesey "naughty" novel written for women that becomes a hit you know it will be poorly written, boring, tame, and vanilla. OOOOO bisexual sex scene how dangerous...sigh another boring chick flick.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I win. Plot summary of 50 shades of grey in a gif

tumblr_inline_mlgppoW2Xd1qz4rgp.gif

the end.

oh. p.s. dumbledore dies

OH EM GEE!! Funny as HELL!! Bwhahahahah!!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    horrible casting.........probably should have remained just literal.

I'm a guy and I was Christian before she wrote the books.......stuff found on my bedroom dresser =P
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm a guy and I was Christian before she wrote the books.
    Not something to brag about.
  • rml_16
    Options

Oh lord, and a few mentioned the term "inner goddess"...sigh. I'm guilty havent read it, but have surmised it quite nicely on my own. Pretty much any time you see some cheesey "naughty" novel written for women that becomes a hit you know it will be poorly written, boring, tame, and vanilla. OOOOO bisexual sex scene how dangerous...sigh another boring chick flick.
    I listened to the audio books rather than reading that drivel. And I only did so because that way when I critcize it, no one can say I don't know what I'm talking about due to not having read it.

However, my impression before "reading" was confirmed and you are absolutely correct.
  • MissVamp13
    Options
    No comment :(

Am so disappointed, as a huge Ian Somerhalder fan I was hoping he would be cast. This Charlie guy I jiust cant find him attractive enough to play Christian. Dakota is ok as Ana I guess x
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    I am OBSESSED with Charlie. God, that man is PERFECTION.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    :drinker:
    Agreed....the 'sexiness' aside, Christian was a giant d-bag control freak, who would have been kicked to the curb by any self-respecting woman after his first childish jealous rage!
  • Bubbakristie
    Bubbakristie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lol....my life is waaaaay better than 50 shades, and she(author) makes him kinda jacked up. Which is not good if you are a Dom to be that emotionally wrecked and then having a sub. I would have ran far far far away....just sayin... Does make the vanillas come out of the closet and want to learn more about bdsm, which is fine, but then get caught up with the wrong people cause they don't know any better.... does that make sense?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Agreed....the 'sexiness' aside, Christian was a giant d-bag control freak, who would have been kicked to the curb by any self-respecting woman after his first childish jealous rage!

There is nothing sexy about being abusive.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm unfamiliar with both actors so I'm indifferent at this point. Definitely not my first choice of actors for the movie!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    duplicate post :blushing: (oh look, I'm 'flushing crimson')
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

There is nothing sexy about being abusive.
    Absolutely agreed....what I meant was the "OMG, he's so good looking" and "his pants hung LIKE THAT" references in the book...as if looks can compensate for being a total immature d-bag.