August Ultimate Accountability Challenge 2023 is Open!

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
edited July 2023 in Challenges
You are warmly invited to check out our challenge and join us!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge
(UAC) provides a supportive environment for those in weight loss or maintenance modes. The team is made up of a wonderful group of peer accountability partners. The emphasis is on healthy habits and behaviours — the things that are in our control. 💡

We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a long term proven track record of significant team member success. Our group is a terrific balance of those in weight loss mode and experienced folks who are in maintenance mode.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning members and warmly welcome newcomers!

The accountability expectation is daily reporting (as that is how strong habits are built and sustained) of the following:
1. At least 20 minutes of intentional activity or exercise (defined by you);
2. Tracking the caloric intake of all foods and beverages; and,
3. Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories.

Non-fulfilment of any of the first three is considered a “Pass Day”. Each member is able to take 3 Pass Days per month and still qualify for the “Winner’s Circle”. Post every day, no matter your success and you are a Champion! We strongly encourage everyone to stay for the whole month and learn how to practice healthy habits for wellness. The goal is lifelong health — not avoiding pass days…. 🤔

This group emphasises long-term health changes, and even the “old guard” is expected to sign up for one month at a time and recommit if they wish to continue on this wellness journey.

It sounds so simple — but it is truly a great challenge, and not as easy as it sounds. We promise you a wonderful supportive team and the opportunity to learn how to manage your health for life. You can join us here:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145179-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button) 😊

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I’ve been in UAC since 2017. The accountability has helped me reach maintenance, and stay there.

It’s a wonderful group of supportive, non-judgemental people with a wealth of knowledge on health and fitness to share.

You make 3 ‘simple’ daily commitments to promote your health and fitness.
    1. Exercise at least 20 minutes
    2. Eat under your calorie goal
    3. Track your calories

You get 3 pass days to help you achieve these targets and join the Winners’ Circle.

Use more pass days, and still post every day and become a Champion.

Draw on the knowledge and expertise of fellow members to help you progress each day.

What have you got to lose? Try it and see how you get on.

I agree with these truth. This group has really help me in my maintenance.
  • Weltys0505
    Weltys0505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am new to these challenges. In June I started back up on my weight loss journey. I know what to do but have trouble staying consistent for more than 6 months. I have a lot to lose, but I am trying to focus on how I feel instead of the number I have to lose. Since June 3, I have lost 33 lbs, so I am ready to step it up and find some accountability. I have had a 26 day streak of tracking, focusing on getting my water in for the day, and I have slowly been building up my stamina to begin exercising. I love to do Beat Saber on my VR and I love to swim, so I am excited to make sure I get at least 20 min. every day. I am a teacher, and I start back to my regular schedule, so I want to stay consistent through my schedule change. I have two jobs, so I work a lot, but I also need to make myself a priority. I am looking forward to getting to know people and be in this group. See everyone on Tuesday!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    Options
    @Weltys0505 I see you joined the Challenge — welcome! I copied your post to the Introductions area of the challenge.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great group with tons of encouragement!!
  • vibrantreader
    vibrantreader Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Joining Thanks!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    The UAC Group is solid!! I've been a part of this challenge since October and I love it. The accountability really helps when you're not seeing the progress that you expect....it's right there with those pass days :) There's also a bonus of topics to discuss along the way that keeps it interesting. Come check us out!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @Terry111330 , here is the August thread for the UAC 🤗. Hope to see you there 👏

@Shel_1966 - I love this challenge! This is the 'three things challenge's I mentioned. I promise I'll put links to other ones, too, on the practice group, tmo. I didn't get a chance to this evening, but I will make sure I do tmo 👏

- mk :)

• mkksemail
    edited August 2023
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Love this challenge! It'll be my second month, but it's helped me cement my food logging habit, which I struggled all yr with implementing.

Join in! 👏

Cheers,

PS! - 😎✌️😆
    https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

Happy! Spread the smile! 🎶
    😆😄✌️😎😅💃🕺🩰👯🦢🪩

Love this challenge! It'll be my third month, but it's helped me cement my food logging habit, which is struggled all yr with implementing.

Join in! 👏

Cheers,

PS! - 😎✌️😆
    https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

Happy! Spread the smile! 🎶
    😆😄✌️😎😅💃🕺🩰👯🦢🪩

• rorymason
    rorymason Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

New to this challenge/group. 59 years old. Not new to My Fitness Pal, but struggling. Have been successful in the past, but now almost right back where I started, which is frustrating.

For me, this is a mental thing. I do well, and then when I get stressed it all falls apart and I go back to bad habits. Sometimes when I'm good, if I'm stressed, I just stay the same.

It's strange because when I actually am good and follow the plan, I feel so much better, so it's crazy that I then go back off, and feel worse.

Hoping being more accountable and having some encouragement to get off my butt and move will be helpful.
    Exercise is definitely an issue. I have not been motivated. Hoping this
    helps.
    Thank you for allowing me to participate!
  • mkksemail
    edited August 2023
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    You can join us here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145179-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button) 😊

Welcome! I was just quoting the part of the opening post that tells you how to find the forum, but you've already joined :).

If you haven't already, add your intro to the Introductions thread :thumbsup:. Looking forward to traveling the month with you!

Cheers!
    @rorymason
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Three days into August… wondering how you should jumpstart your weight loss…new to maintenance and concerned about the weight creeping back on…been on vacation or about to go on vacation & want to have fun while holding to your health goals…

You’ve come to the right place!

UAC is like a giant Safety Net under the trapeze in the Big Circus Tent called life. We fly through the air, and sometimes our hands slide off the trapeze bar AND UAC is there to support you as you climb the ladder to fly freely again.

I began losing in Jan 2016. I’ve been a member of UAC since 2017. For the first 3-4 years, I was nailing it. Now in maintenance, my daily progress might go up & down a little, but I’ve successfully kept off 65 lbs since Aug 2018. A miracle after a lifetime of either dieting or being overweight/obese.

(I actually did not think I would be able to lose the weight when I began & since I had never maintained before, I had no confidence in that either,)

I credit UAC. Really. It’s the one that keeps my head in the game.

You CAN lose the weight.
    You CAN maintain your weight.
    UAC makes the journey less stressful & more fun.

Give us a try! What do you have to lose?
    (See what I did there?!)

Hugs,
    Maddie