Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Machka- ha ha I saw that someone posted that on one of the cruise sites
    So far so good with the pups
    Homer bless his heart,pills at certain times and hand fed
    And of course Tom the worry wart has called twice already.. told him all is fine.. just have a good time.. sheesh
    by93v02fg091.jpg
    Well he slept until 11:30 and then she had to get him back to sleep but put him back to sleep there until 4:30 am
    So at least he was in his room all 🌙 night.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Beth, those pig snouts! I know they were a huge hit, and how appropriate for Prodigal Son Night.

Ginny, those sheets are precios.

Allie, I have never seen a playpen like that one. It is very nice.

Tracey, I wish I had seen your pictures of tee shirts before I played Connections this morning. It would have helped me see one of the caregories. Do any of you play? It is my new favorite mind game.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Kay I know its from Walmart
    They wanted to try something that he would have a hard time climbing out of..
    My friend 2 doors down from here has invited me over around 4 so that will be nice we will sit outside on her patio and relax.. and I can walk up there. Her mom bless her is 92 and shares a birthday almost with me June's is the day before mine..
    Found my tylenol I brought with me and just took that.. now to maybe take a nap
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Tracey, your mugs are beautiful and congrats on doing so well with your studies.
    Machka, so sorry to hear about your bees.

Sunny morning here today so will tackle my last 2 rows of peas and check out my bean row again as there are probably a few to pic. Tomorrow will be pickle day.

Been suffering with itchy skin due to mosquito bites for awhile and decided to take an antihistamine this morning as it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully that helps.

Enjoy the day.

Joy
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday from Carol in Georgia!

Ginny, you did a great job finding the lawn mower duvet. That is just what Allie wanted.

Tracey, I think Pip would love having the camping mugs you designed.

Michele, so sorry that Denise is outing the visit you had planned. It does seem like she has been doing that for a long time.

Machka, I would have hated trying to round up those cows. Sorry that your bees have departed.

Nothing going on here and just happy to be content with my quiet life.

Carol

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Happy Sunday from Carol in Georgia!

Ginny, you did a great job finding the lawn mower duvet. That is just what Allie wanted.

Tracey, I think Pip would love having the camping mugs you designed.

Michele, so sorry that Denise is outing the visit you had planned. It does seem like she has been doing that for a long time.

Machka, I would have hated trying to round up those cows. Sorry that your bees have departed.

Nothing going on here and just happy to be content with my quiet life.

Carol

Y yes I would!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 11/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 1/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 1/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 3/20

2023- Altruistic August

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate my coffee and finding out it helps my asthma!

Meditation: daily. 19/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%)

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Had bad asthma attack sending me to ER.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 7/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5418,4157,6745 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%.100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 174/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100%, 100%)should be 154 by September 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)70/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6 (100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/22 (100%,88%,100%,100%,100%,93%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 30/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(100%,100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month. I plan to be kind to people I meet and to myself. Not just this month but all the time. It may not be every time, but I will try.
    2. Send an uplifting message to someone you can’t be with. I will text my best friend who lives in Michigan, and my friend that lives in NY. Did this
    3. Be kind and supportive to everyone you interact with. I did this!
    4. Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply. I plan to try to remember to do this. Done!
    5. Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well. Will meditate and do this through a loving-kindness meditation.
    6. Smile and be friendly to the people you see today. Will do!
    7. Give time to help a project or cause you care about. I volunteer at Bottomless Lakes State park and also belong to the ‘Friends of’ group and am on the board as secretary. Does this count?
    8. Make some tasty food for someone who will appreciate it. My DH does all the cooking. Perhaps i will look for something KETO to cook. Otherwise, we give food to our co-host often.
    9. Thank someone you’re grateful to and tell them why. I will!
    10. Check in with someone who may be lonely or feeling anxious. Checked in with my son.
    11. Share an encouraging news story to inspire others. Did this at ER when the diagnosis was given.
    12. Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them. Did this yesterday and will do again today.
    13. No plans day! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too. I need the rest!
    14. Take an actions to be kind to nature and care for our planet. Will do! Need to de-stress!
    15. If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling. I will try to put myself in the other person’s shoes. Did this again last night with a camper.
    16. Make a thoughtful gift as a surprise for someone. Will have to think about this! Did not do this. :(
    17. Be kind online. Share positive and supportive comments. Will do!
    18. Today, do something to make life easier for someone else. I did try to accommodate a camper.
    19. Be thankful for your food and the people who make it possible. I am.
    20. Look for the good in everyone you meet today. Sometimes that is hard but I am getting better at it. Maybe not right away but after I thought about the person’s reactions and what could cause it.
    21. Donate unused items, clothes, or food to help a local charity.
    22. Give people the gift of your full attention.
    23. Share an article, book, or podcast you find helpful.
    24. Forgive someone who hurt you in the past.
    25. Give your time, energy, or attention to someone in need.
    26. Find a way to ‘pay it forward’ or support a good cause.
    27. Notice when someone is down and try to brighten his day. (My DH’s birthday. He always gets depressed on this day. Worse this year as he turns 70 today).
    28. Have a friendly chat with someone you don’t know very well.
    29. Do something kind to help in your local community.
    30. Give away something to those who don’t have as much as you.
    31. Share Action for Happiness with other people today.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

The best predictor of the future or future behavior is the past. If until this point the relationships, hobby, friendship, job, etc. has not served you in any positive regard, it likely won't in the future.
    — YALDA SAFAI, MD, MPH
    A Word From Verywell
    Sunk cost fallacy can be tricky to wrap your head around, and it’s not without nuance. For more clarity in these complex decision-making moments, completely disregard how much you’ve already invested so that it doesn’t hold influence. Then, look at the facts.

Are you satisfied? Have you repeatedly been met with dead ends? Is there still potential for a positive outcome if you continue investing your resources and energy? What are the benefits of walking away and opening a new door? These are the factors that should influence your decision rather than any previously sunk costs.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We've lost our beehive. Not the physical boxes ... the bees. :(

We're not quite sure what happened, but it appears that the Queen died and without her, there was no brood and the colony died off.

These things happen, but it is a bit sad.

So we spent some time today taking the hive apart, analysing it, taking photos of what we discovered and sending them to our mentor, and starting to clean it all up. And that is going to be quite a process.

We will start again, eventually.

I also spent about 2 hours weeding, and weeding through some challenging areas where I was literally lying down under the branches of large hedge (after crawling and squirming my way in and under) to get those pesky weeds.

I got 2 large heaps of weeds out.

We want that hedge to thicken up in one area. It's mostly so thick the weeds don't grown underneath, but this one area isn't quite as thick and the weeds love it!

We also cycled almost 10 km today. :)

My knee is feeling a lot better ... even after kneeling and crawling. It's been 2 months since my accident and it's not perfect, but it is better than it was.

However, great stiffness is upon me from the last 2 days of weeding effort in and around and under this hedge.

Machka in Oz

I'm so sorry about your bees. 😥💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Machka- ha ha I saw that someone posted that on one of the cruise sites
    So far so good with the pups
    Homer bless his heart,pills at certain times and hand fed
    And of course Tom the worry wart has called twice already.. told him all is fine.. just have a good time.. sheesh
    by93v02fg091.jpg
    Well he slept until 11:30 and then she had to get him back to sleep but put him back to sleep there until 4:30 am
    So at least he was in his room all 🌙 night.

I think the main thing for Miles to have is no toys in there, his blanket, a book maybe he sleeps with etc. But no playing toys. He has to get it in his head that there's places for playing, and places for sleeping.😁👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a quiet day. Actually dozed off after dh left and slept until almost 9 which never happens.
    Having my tea then going to watch church online and bake some shortbread cookies- doing a product test so need to follow the recipe they gave me then do another recipe of my own choice.
    Dh was in a mood all day yesterday- got the silent treatment from about 1PM. He ignored me totally ,didn't say a word to me. Even when he left to go to his mom's last night and when he left to go to San Jose for the day. He just messaged me on FB-to complain about his friend that he is with(doing a ComicCon).
    I will enjoy baking and doing a little cleaning-having the house to myself. Son is out with his girlfriend for the day. May work in the garden later if it isn't too hot.
    BLT for lunch with one of my tomatoes.
    I do have to go to MIL"s to give her her night time pills but she said she has food. I will double check on that. She told me yesterday not to worry about it but dh set her up for the morning when he was there last night. She can do one time but he doesn't think she can do two(I am sure she could.)

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Allie-sorry for controversy. I know nothing about company-just did quick google search out of curiosity and it popped up. . . .