WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka- no idea. Hysterectomy at 28. Hormones since late 40s. Everytime I go off them I get debilitating migraines. Had/have endometriosis and cysts. Assuming at 601/2 yo, that I would be done with that nonsense, but estradiol may be keeping me there. Just can't handle worse migraines. Actually, yes, I feel like I did when I was 11 and had no clue what my body was doing. Migraines, cramps, D, witchy to the max

Cindy Pensacola
    Just went off Estradiol. Taking since 39 yo. Having hot flashes but not intolerable. Have h/a but think weather related.
    Hope it gets better for you.
  • cyntdooley
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    <3Kim, Thinking of you and Levi.
    auntiebk wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)<3Barbara Thank you for what you said about patience. I read it to Jake and he said it helped and asked me to tell you
    Barbie you have no idea how grateful I am for this. Please give Jake a hug from me and ask him to give you one from me too. Is Bodhi able to walk with you on leash? Let us know your struggles and if you want any more Dixie stories.

:) It is one minute at a time here. There are moments when he is the most delightful puppy and moments that we want to call the shelter and send him back. He can walk on a leash but not for long. He doesn't seem to be clear about "doing business" outdoors instead of in the house. He seems to be afraid of the dark, so we're considering different approaches.

:) This is a great place to vent and a great place to feel supported. Sometimes I just read and feel your love and support.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

ehuy3sxovcmm.jpg

He is the cutest. My son and daughter in love foster for Schnauzer rescue in Ft. Walton Beach Florida. I get attached even though I'm not there 24/7. Sometimes it's for 2wks or even as long as a year. Very special to foster animals. I know it's hard. Keep up the good work.
    Cindy from Pensacola
  • cyntdooley
    Options
    I did it! I ate under 1100, did thirty minutes on my bike, and an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking! Yay! I did take it easy on the walking, but that's only sensible after a break. I'm proud of myself again!

Annie in Delaware

Pleased for you, Annie - not sure why it's so hard to re-start a program, but it seems like it is. Perhaps because we know there's a lot of work involved? It's always been harder, to me, to get started after a break than to begin the program in the first place. One day is the beginning of a streak...Well done!

Love,
    Lisa in AR

Very proud of you starting back. I agree that it's harder to restart.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :)Cindy we are fostering Bodhi in anticipation of adopting him. I don't think I could foster as a regular practice

:)Lisa cats are so interesting. I miss having one

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cyntdooley
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Well my interview yesterday was a no call/no show. I have another one today at 10am. Just don't understand why you would make the appointment and not show. A call would of been nice.
    Lanette--Your doctor sounds like a great fit for you. Happy for you. Sounds like your girls were good even is you left the gate open. They know they have it good with you.
    Kylia--Sorry DH did not realize you were ill. I pray your time away will help you regroup.
    Tracey--Great news on your grades. You ROCK! Sounds like your trip is just want you needed. Sorry about getting over heated, but glad you are okay.
    We are going to the State Fair this evening to see 3 Dog Night. Granddaughter is taking and picking us up so we do not have to deal with parking. Looking forward to a nice relaxing evening.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Wow 3 Dog Night. Haven't heard that group in ages. Sounds like fun. KC & the Sunshine Band were here in Pensacola last weekend. Glad you went.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    MFP Accountability Post for August 29, 2023

Debbie in CA - not a very good week- scale says I am up a pound- Need to get back walking in the mornings.

Lanette SW WA State – no change on the scale, no change on pants fitting - still OK but could be comfier.

Dropped 0.4 kg when I weighed myself on Saturday.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,438 Member
    Options
    Oh, Barbara... when it rains it pours, dear heart! Hope all comes out well with everything.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    efurx8glaukv.jpg
    bdfjie3njn9l.jpg
    ks35sq8ye66m.jpg
    Not a bad view from the solarium pool deck.. but look at the ankles this is using the scooter and not eating a ton of salt.

Have you got compression stocking with you?
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD-all I could think was "My Word." No need to collapse until you know what each thing is. This is actually a pretty good time to get a new laptop. If you like apple they have some good deals on Macs. Early Christmas present?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,602 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,744 Member
    Options
    Machka yes I wore them down on the plane.. will put them back on in the morning..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Debbie - your cashew chicken sounds wonderful. Question. Was your MIL always a pill or has she gotten worse in the recent years? Reason is - has she been diagnosed with any form of dementia? I was thinking about her behavior with saying she'll eat this and that you make then changing her mind. My DH was like that during the last year of his life. Is she losing weight? Any progress on moving her into a residence of some type?

Ok ladies, I've been at this for a few hours now (took a lunch and chicken visit break).

Collette my cleaner came this morning. Rosie and I normally go in the office and let her do her thing with the door closed. I decided to write a long letter to a friend I haven't seen in years, fill her in on DH's death last year, what I'm up to now, etc.

When Collette was finished, she tapped on the door and said the strangest thing happened when she was vacuuming in the back room. She said she smelled cigarette smoke, just like DH used to smell. Once in a while, I smell it too. I told her about that time she smelled it, I was writing to my friend about him. I have given away or at least thoroughly washed his jackets and clothing he used to wear, so????

We both got the shivers. It actually kind of gave me a good feeling.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Dinner turned out great. Only small comment from the guys was there wasn't enough chicken. I had the pan full of veggies so not much room for the chicken(plus I just used one of the packs of frozen meat that was already marinated).

As for MIL- she has always been like this. On holidays when I would cook food and take it over to the house to go with what she had made, what ever I made she refused to try it and got so mad when FIL would try and really enjoy what I made..
    Since her accident and she needed us to take care of her, she has gotten very demanding. She liked everyone waiting on her hand and foot. She wants things done for her that she is more than capable of doing for her self now.
    At first she was fine with eating things I made and thanked me, then she started where she only wanted store bought food(like deli stuff), then she wanted all restaurant food- fast food was ok but she liked food from a regular place or Denny's. Now, she doesn't even want fast food. She complains about everything dh picks up for her. Her latest is not eating anything he does bring over. Such a huge waste. If he doesn't bring stuff she is mad and if he does she doesn't eat it. She doesn't want healthy stuff but boy, take a few cookies over and they are gone.
    She complains about cooking(she wants to cook) that we have had to go all over town to get what she wants, then complains that he doesn't want to take any home because she made too much. After listening to her gripe and complain, he says she yells at him, he doesn't feel like eating anything, let alone her food.
    No word on moving her. Her doctor tried to explain to her that it is best for her to stay where she is. DH was able to tell the doctor exactly how she is, about the constant verbal abuse and about not having any help. They are supposed to help him with that but he has his doubts. They called him and all they wanted to talk to him about was DNR and trusts/wills/etc
    She has that . He needs help getting some help taking care of her and support to deal with her.
    She was terrible to him all last week, he says she is taking it out on him because he was gone last Sunday. I went over to make sure she had her pills for the evening and he had the morning ones ready for her. She didn't need that help. She did it on her own and he told me today that she has done her own pills(he has them set up in the pill case for each day) for the past 5 days.

Lanette- that is cool about the smell from his cigerettes. A little reminder that he is still there.
    Seeing/smelling those reminders are very special.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,602 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,377 Member
    Options
    Debbie - you get the patience award. I'm glad we are here for you. I know you hate to see your DH going through all of this. As you mentioned earlier - if I'm remembering right - his brother passed away? And she said the wrong one died? Gosh. My mom was never demanding like that but my brother always seemed to act without question, like a dutiful son, my sis and I would hold back and analyze the situation to see if what she wanted done was necessary. Might have been the daughter/mom thing, lol.

Ginny - I am hoping you can get the inflammation settled down. I know you love to walk and sounds like you have safe areas to walk in, that's so important. 77 degrees seems more tolerable.

Annie - your dad is made of strong stuff, especially if walking around with a fracture. I admire the way you can set your worry and concern about your folks aside and tend to your exercise regime, yoga, etc.

Lisa - I'll bet anything Egg planned her sudden "nice kitty" act and cozying up to Johnny. :p

Cindy - Schnauzer rescue! They are made of sturdy stuff, lol. My little Schnauzer Rosie turned 6 not long ago and is finally calming down. My DH was the alpha dog here in the house and after he passed away last year, she and I have been competing for the title.

Barbara - ((((HUGS))))) all that stuff hitting the fan at once. I know you're a problem solver and will get things worked out. Good job getting the skeleton mix violas!

Have a good evening, ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Went for my walk then Vince said we should cut the grass since the weather forecast is for rain tomorrow. Came in and had dinner then worked on the jigsaw puzzle

Jess called and said that she’d be here Fri since she had a dentist appt at 9:15 but she’s going back since she’s on call

Sue – I find that I can only work on the puzzle for about an hour at a time. After that, it seems I keep trying to put the pieces in the same places even tho I know they don’t go there. I have a timer next to the puzzle.

Lanette – there really aren’t that many stores I can walk to. I have to cross one mildly busy road, then I walk on people’s lawns. I can go to one food store, a dollar store, the vet and if I cross that street two times I can go to another dollar store, but I don’t go there much. Otherwise, I try to at least get in a walk around the neighborhood. Especially since I started working, I needed to do my exercising first thing or it doesn’t get done. I also like to work first thing so that I’m out of their way when they get busy at lunch time. So the exercising takes a back seat.

Barbara – here’s hoping that tomorrow is better than today. It can’t get worse, huh????

Well, off to bed.

Michele NC