WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well, not a perfect day but a good one. I felt sorry for myself and turned to the chocolate. But I did my dumbbells for the first time in awhile. I did twenty reps, so half what I was doing a month ago. Plus thirty minutes on my bike. So still making my way back. Thanks for the encouragement, my friends!

My mom lost a tooth. I researched and found it was probably either gum disease or malnutrition. She puts the food I cook on her plate but doesn't eat it, and says her mouth is sore. She refuses to see a dentist, and she won't take any input on her diet either. This morning she put spoonfuls of sugar on her toast, then barely touched it. She said she has lost fifteen pounds. So I am feeling powerless to stop her decline. She is cheerful and free of pain(except her teeth) so that's as much as we can hope for. She is ninety, and I hope I am
    doing that well at ninety. My goal is not for her to live forever, although I forget that sometimes.

My dad is still struggling with his computer and his online bill payment. His foot seems to be okay, he was out doing yardwork today.

So things are pretty good.

Annie in Delaware

She could have thrush which is easily treated with liquid oral nystatin. Liquid Benadryl before a meal over the counter (otc) 10ml swish and spit would help with meal time. It's worth a try.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Cindy thanks for the idea! I was so preoccupied by her general decline that I didn't think about OTC treatment. I will see what she is willing to try. Thanks again!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rebecca - very smart going off antidepressants slowly. Hope your critters are gone for good!

Lisa-thanks for the foot tips. I wear custom orthotics. I just ordered a house slipper with some support to stop walking barefoot (I like enclosed heels, no flopping when I walk due to hips). Stretches last couple of days had me sore. Took steroids this morning, inflammation may be settling, too soon to tell. Am going to go for short walk here in a bit since I didn't make it this am.

Machka-not certain I have that sort of toe dexterity any more! I do have a foot roller I use and have order a half foam for some foot/ankle exercises.

Allie-great ocean pics. Keep an eye on that swelling-if it gets worse check with doctor on ship.

Kylia-have they had you on antibiotics for sores before this? Maybe this will knock it out. And I think your husband wishing you Happy Anniversary when he woke up is sweet (even if annoying).

Kim-I hope you are able to keep Levi calm. He sounds like such a sweet dog. A toddler bed rail guard should do the trick.

Heather-sounds like you may be writing about your essence.

Rita-I also thought they only did one eye at a time-maybe because of the distance they do one one day and one the next. Cataract surgery has come a very long way. I have heard some people's vision really improves.

Lanette-I don't question such things. They don't happen often-sometimes they just let us know they check in (that's what I think).

Made it through my two meetings today. One, which was a teams meeting, I started listening to on my phone because I had trouble logging in. Logged out of Teams on computer and got into meeting so I could watch slide show. I said nothing during the meeting, just enjoyed listening and learning from others. Afternoon meeting I needed to talk more due to topic, but other's comments were also very interesting. Good meeting day.

My lazy cats are on the rug in living room laying in the patch of late afternoon sunlight. They are actually fairly close to each other, less than two feet.

Outside temp is 77 with very tolerable humidity. Last night when I went to store there was that edge of fall in the air. Going for short walk to see how foot is.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I hope to be off them in a couple weeks as well as my sleeping aids. Just taking my blood pressure pill, calcium, vitamin, and chewable melatonin pills if necessary.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Michele when Vince says “we should cut the grass” does that mean you? :naughty:

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW

haha- that sounds like what happens here so often, like,
    we need to put the flea treatment on the cats"- He has not even helped in I don't even know how long. Once in a while my son helps me, when I ask, otherwise, I am the one that does all the ones I can. One is iffy if he will come near me, his sister won't right now.One isn't getting treatments because of his seizures(heard some of the meds may cause them so don't want to chance it)
    Ordered peppermint oil to spray around and mix up a solution to put on him and the ones that got treatment but still have some fleas.
    So many things he says "we" but he is no where to be found when it is time to do them
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 1min 7sec, 38elev, 2.98ap, 81ahr, 98mhr, 6.06mi= 570c
    Strava app= 742c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 41min 8sec, 1096elev, 98aw, 15.8amph, 101ahr, 130mhr, 26.61mi= 531c
    Strava app = 564c
    zwift stats- 1hr 40min 59sec, 1099elev, 97aw, 49arpm, 15.80amph, 26.6mi= 565c

Total cal 1101
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ☘️ page 74
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Lynette called and I told her that we’re going to the night concert for TSO in Greensboro. Seems that Ken is going to go for cataract surgery two days before. We usually go every year. Greensboro is closer for Jess too. It’s about an hour for each of us. They aren’t going to go.

I mentioned to Vince that the Sat. before the concert after I get off work, maybe we should go to Jess’, spend the night with her, and then go to the concert Sun. night. I know he wants to go to their Meet & Greet after the concert and Lynette and Ken wouldn’t want to so maybe them not going is a blessing in disguise

Sent an email to the City of Hickory asking when ceramics will be opened. I understand they hired someone a few weeks ago, but to my knowledge it still isn’t open. Honestly, I (and others) feel they couldn’t have made a worse choice. I bet they hired this one gal because she pours and fires the bisque. But she also is a real talker, takes lots of trips, seems to have so many health issues. Well, we shall see.

Barbara – when we cut the grass, Vince usually uses the riding mower and I use the walk behind and the weedwacker (except for one part that Vince does). I also sweep the sidewalks. I honestly don’t mind it, I get my steps in, that’s for sure….lol

Deb – I’m lucky, when Vince says “we” he always means the two of us. Admitted, many times his OCD kicks in, so he might wind up doing more than I do. But that’s his choice. Sometimes, tho, I do feel that I have to push him to do things. Once he starts, he’s OK. Like he wanted to put this border on top of our slope (to keep the rainwater from not washing the mulch away). It was me who said “let’s go buy the border so that we have it when we need it”. If I left it to him, he would wait until the last minute to do things.

Allie – wish you could find those stockings. Hope your legs get better. Enjoy the cruise, I’m enjoying it vicariously with you

Vince went to the fair to work with the train group and I worked on the jigsaw puzzle. Oh, this afternoon walked around the neighborhood then went and got a prescription for Loki and to the Salvation Army. Got a pair of shorts, a DVD (yes, Barbara, they do exist….lol), and a few more jigsaw puzzles (not like I needed them, but they weren't opened so how could I resist? Vince did say that the fair was very interesting and that I would like it. Maybe we’ll go Fri. night (assuming it isn’t raining) and see the fireworks at night, too.

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Aidenrocks59
    Aidenrocks59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there I’m Aiden I feel a lot more comfortable around females than males and so I’ve got more female friends than male friends so I’m totally honored to be here and be friends with you guys here God bless you all