OCTOBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Went on a nice 10.2km run this morning. I wasn’t super motivated. I have been trying to cut some calories out of my diet to lose a bit more weight before I start any serious training plan again and really am noticing that I have less perceived energy on my runs. I am not slower, I just feel weaker while running if that makes sense. Also, I have been really missing my misplaced earbuds these past days. Good news though! After overturning the house these past days, I found them, right in my purse. The place I first looked for them! Small little buggers ;). I really need to develop a system so they don’t get lost again!

30.9/160km for October!

@Laurz9191 I tend to feel like that sometimes...

Always at the start of a run. Like, feeling 'ugh'... And it's a struggle ! But I'm okay after about 2M in -if just to complete what I set out to... Might be less pacey though.

My issues with weight loss are more post vacay weight gain from over indulging... Eating like I'm Guy Fieri and drinking like I'm back at university lol
    175-180 lbs is the sweet spot for me. Get antsy/irritated if I'm over 180 lbs.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Maybe 62 miles was too much to aim for in my 1st month of trying this, but I’ll keep at it.

Probably. It took me two months of trial and error, by month three I started to get a better idea of my fitness and ability, I was able to set more meaningful monthly goals

"I'll keep at it." <- There you go!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Maybe 62 miles was too much to aim for in my 1st month of trying this, but I’ll keep at it.

Probably. It took me two months of trial and error, by month three I started to get a better idea of my fitness and ability, I was able to set more meaningful monthly goals

"I'll keep at it." <- There you go!

Thanks - I’m waiting for cooler weather. If it’s 3 degrees out, I can knock it out of the park. 80s and humid, not so good. My body thinks I should live in Siberia. It’s more the weather than anything else. 60s are coming, so that’ll help a lot.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

My body thinks I should live in Siberia.

I'm of Irish ancestry so my body only thrives in Dublin or San Francisco weather.

52° F year round, with a lot of fog, mist, and dew. Eh @Mari33a?

That is exactly how it is 2day. 😅
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Got in 5 (09"24).
    Have a nice Friday all.

@chris_in_cal @Mari33a ha! only ever been Belfast so couldn't comment on Dublin... But doubt Dublin gets anywhere near as hot as SF peak summer! 😊
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Probably a smart call @martaindale...I know about running in the dark and fallen trees ;)

This morning again, started out thinking I was going to do a slow, easy run. I guess my body decided to push it a little due to the better than usual temperature, even tho my brain said slow down and take it easy. It was only 66F this morning. Tomorrow morning should be really nice (mid 50s), so the plan is to just relax and enjoy it!

exercise.png

I am soooo looking forward to 60s and 50s. I hope they come soon here. I’m so tired of the heat and humidity and I really dislike treadmill time. Prefer to be outdoors.