Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk thank you for the welcome! I have wondered if anyone read my post...and I cannot really figure out how to comment on someone else's post yet **shrug**

If you click on Quote you will be able to respond and then click Post Reply. I couldn't figure it out in the beginning either. LOL
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    hd9qafx4v29f.jpg

:) Welcome to Laney, our new puppy from the Humane Society

So cute!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    deejoan wrote: »
    @auntiebk thank you for the welcome! I have wondered if anyone read my post...and I cannot really figure out how to comment on someone else's post yet **shrug**

If you click on Quote you will be able to respond and then click Post Reply. I couldn't figure it out in the beginning either. LOL

:) There is a lot to learn on this site but persistence, trial and error, and asking questions are great tools.

:) I tend to be a reader until a topic interests me then I jump right in and say something

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    On another rainy day ...
    mce7g2lq37df.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    🥱😴
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Oh what a cutie pie I see she is getting some lovins already..so happy for you and Jake.
    Right now I have a snoring dog under the covers ,and I'll be hittin the hay soon myself..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Lisa: 🥰 the vase
    Joy: WOW! That looks like a great job
    Heather: What a saga! Travelling almost takes the fun out of holidays.
    Barbie: Laney is a cutie.

We are under a nasty storm at the moment which has raged all night. There are red warnings in several places in England/Scotland. Gale force winds and torrential rain.

I have Latin Study Group at 10am, so just popped on to say 👋 Hi!

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,254 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Barbara - it was a medieval stone tower. I could stretch my hands across the width coming down, and I made John go ahead of me. It was still scary and I was talking aloud to myself. "I can reach both sides. I am safe."
    :p

Washed, one load of warm laundry done, unpacked, toiletries back in place. Having a coffee, brought by John. Next I will put a hotter wash on, and go out for bread, milk, and cold meat for lunch. John is going out later for fruit and veggies.

One thing I bought for cabin bag flights is a solid foundation, by L'Oréal. I bought it in the Monoprix in Narbonne. It's solid, so it doesn't count as a liquid. I love Monoprix for purchases like that. It also does food and kitchen tools etc.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I can't believe it is already Thursday night! I have been reading but not replying. Sorry.
    HeatherUK I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip. Thank you for sharing! Glad you are safely home.
    Welcomes to the new ladies!
    Joy I love the floors! I want to sand my kitchen cabinets and revarnish. They are oak that has yellowed over the past 30 years. Everyone wants me to paint them, but I love the wood tones.
    Margaret That is so scary! I am also glad everyone is safe.
    Barbie Laney is beautiful.

And now it is Friday morning.....

Barbara You know as well as I do that you didn't really gain that much overnight. It is hard to remember that though!

Lisa Beautiful vase!

It has been a long week for me. Monday was good until shopping with DH. He asked what I was picking up (Christmas cards)? Asked if they were for my major mailing? I said yes, and they are on sale. He asked if I couldn't get them cheaper elsewhere? I just put them back. I was pi$$Ed! I explained to him in the truck that I always feel like he is judging me when he does that. Money isn't an issue. This is why I don't shop with him. Went to bed early. BTW...cards are the only part of Christmas I love.

Tuesday I was running a little behind. Forgot he had dentist appointment. Got there on time. Fought with my tablet to get hooked up to hotspot while waiting. Didn't happen. He was on a roll at work. I was happy to leave at 4. Got 15 mins from home and my low tire light came on. I am thankful my son in law taught me about the new tire machines. Found one quickly and aired up tires. Proceeded to Cincinnati to go to play with oldest daughter and her friends. It was " The Girl from North Country". I would have left at intermission if I had driven to theater. The actors were wonderful, but the story was unclear, dark, and all over the place. Got home at midnight.

Slept in Wednesday morning, but those late nights are hard on this 60 y/o! Productive at work. Bought oldest daughter and I tickets to go see the musical "Cher" my birthday weekend in February. This one is here in Dayton at 630 on Sunday. Yay!!!! Worked on laundry. bathmats one of them shredded yuckies in the dryer! It was like sand. Had to clean out drier and rewash part of that load. Helped put more accessories on Bronco for DH. He can't see well enough to do the accents I added. After that, I went to bed early.

Yesterday I had a productive morning at home. Just odds and ends stuffs, but felt good. Kept getting "boss" questions and decisions at work when both "bosses" were there. Attitude....I muttered I was a boss with no authority and a regular customer heard me. He said my persona is that of the boss. Most customers don't realize that I have two other people above me. I need to quit fighting it and just do what I need to get the customer taken care of as well as the business. Was an okay day. Did get the windows tinted on my work truck. After having tinted windows, the plain ones make me feel naked. 😌 Dinner was in crockpot so fast once we got home. Fell asleep early typing y'all. Glad I had hit save!

So this morning I am caught up with here, emptied dishwasher, and getting out of hot tub. After work I am going over to a friend's house to cross stitch together. 😀
    I am excited. No chores to do at her house and no one needing my assistance.

Walking Trying to be more aware even if dancing in place behind counter.

Dr Goodness printed his suggestions and trying to implement some.

Cleaning schedules The only thing I really try to schedule is laundry with sheet change on Wednesdays. "Sharkie" vacuums every day for me. Dishes get done every day. Everything else is as I think about it and needed.

Still craming badly through hips , legs, and feet. Added new stretches and still using ball on the wall. Water, magnesium, electrolytes.

I think that was all....though I will think of more I missed. Please know I read everything but sometimes the replies don't make it out of my thoughts.

Much love!
    Healing thoughts!
    Many welcomes!
    Make the best choices you can!

<3
    Kylia in rainy Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,254 Member
    Options
    Joy - what a great job you did on your floors. Our dining room is pitch pine, and we had it done with the normal floorboards a few years ago. Best thing we ever did.
    Of course, we paid a lot, but the guys were in and out in a day!!!! Amazing. Not a speck of dust. I was dreading it, but it was really fine. I love our floors!

Another great thing we bought in the supermarket, was a set of bamboo cutlery. You can take it in cabin bags. We had several in room picnics and it was great. I looked on Amazon and you can buy big sets. Ours came in a sweet drawstring bag. It could be a project for you crafty people, and very sellable, I think. We have washed them and will take them again.

Today I ordered a new bread bin. Our old one is rusty inside and crumbs stick in the corners. It's around 15 years old. I have bought a new vintage style black metal one. We have other kitchen items in a similar style.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx