WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Rebecca https://thegrovemn.online.church/

Hit Facebook Page in header. I am in the now 3rd site down. The second one you see is our later service with a band. I am about eighteen minutes in and at the end of the service.

Oh wonderful! Great job!!!💖🤗👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I watched your singing. You did a really good job. My experience of solo singing is that it is terrifying. :D It's lovely that your voice has stayed so high. I used to be a soprano, but now I'm a low alto.

I woke up early today. I'm going to have to get the holiday admin stuff done today as it's now getting to me. Every time I think about it, my stomach clenches. It must be done! I hope my nerves will subside when it's all done. Haven't flown for years, hate all the airport business, and haven't been away for a week with just cabin baggage! I'm always like this before I go anywhere! :#

Bea pick up day today. I think I'm going to let DH walk, and I will see how near I can get on the buses. I know I will have to change once.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Made it through the day optimistically for 80%! DH made it difficult.....I think he is "menstrating".....Managed to eat every 4 hours instead of 1.5 to 2! Yay! Ladies, I am not kidding, it has been bad. I woke up last night at midnight (a spoonful of peanut butter, 2 am 4 oz of chicken, 4 am a fistful of peanuts, breakfast at 630 was 3 eggs, two pieces of wheat toast, leftover steamed broccoli, and spinach. At noon, I had 2 cups homemade chicken n dumplings, at 4 pm a tomato sandwich on wheat bread and 1/2 an apple, dinner at 8 was 2 cups chicken n dumplings and 10holiday grapes) All healthy but if I logged it probably more than I normally eat in 3 days. Upside...I haven't wanted processed or junk food. Dinner was late as I had a massage after work and stopped at grocery after that. I needed produce and a few other items. DH agreed to black beans on his salad for lunch. Dr recommended more fiber. I keep saying he needs protien on that romaine. We will see....I like them so is good either way.

Thank you all for sharing your talents!
    Thank you for continuing to inspire us is some manner!
    Welcomes!

<3
    Kylia who is sleepy in Ohio

Much

I thought I was the only one that got up for a spoon full of peanut butter at midnight(or other times of the night). That really is one of the reasons my weight isn't coming off, I LOVE peanut butter!!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    I am kind of thankful that I experience a great deal of gastric distress when I eat peanuts or peanut butter.

Back in my teens and early 20s, I lived on peanut butter and peanuts but gradually I started experiencing more and more gastric distress. Eventually I narrowed down the cause and have rarely touched peanuts or peanut butter since.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Thought I’d touch base – This weekend I officiated a wedding, my first, not a new side gig, but was asked to officiate my friend Dylan’s wedding. Cute young couple, all of the parents and the wedding party all great people. An evening(5-10pm) outdoor reasonably dressy wedding. I found my dress at a thrift store the neckline was a bit revealing so I made some lace on my embroidery machine to embellish it and hide some cleavage. And then made a swing jacket to go with it- out of chiffon, so very summery - However Mom Nature decided that it would be a high of 64 and a low of 54 – with some wind…. BRRRRR ! no indoor option available. After the ceremony I put leggings under the dress, added socks and comfy shoes for the strappy sandals, and a sweater between the dress and the swing jacket. But was glad for my car heater about 9 pm. I was a bit nervous – but pulled it off with very few hiccups. And got lots of complements.

I didn’t realize how much stress I was under until I crawled into bed last night and slept for 8 hours and after a couple of “up” hours was ready for bed again. I’ll go in early tonight. As tomorrow is a workday for me.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California
    sutfb5q9d61m.jpg

At the venue before the ceremony

Looking good!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. <3 50 mins to my birthday.

Glad I went to the wedding. Will write more tomorrow.
    Here I am with the bride.
    n3nwkjtt3zte.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Nice dress(es)
  • Machka9
    Options
    CarolGaGal wrote: »
    Machka ~ About keeping in touch with family. I have 3 brothers and a sister and most of us keep in touch one way or the other. One brother only contacts if someone in the family had a terrible occurrence. The rest through calls, email, and Facebook. We grew up in so much turmoil between our parents that I guess it is important to keep in touch.

Carol in GA

My family was quite close when I was growing up.

About 15 years ago, we ended up scattered all over the place. Me in the furthest reaches of Australia. My brother in Louisiana. My parents in a part of Canada I didn't grow up in at all (and we moved a lot!). I've got aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and a nephew here there and everywhere.

My mother passes on news now and then, but otherwise we've pretty much gone our own ways.

It seems to work for us.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    You might well wonder why I am doing it all, but he says, if he does it I only complain he hasn't done it right. :/
    So I prefer to be the one who books. Cruises also.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I have also just booked a covid jab for this Thursday, late afternoon. DH has one a couple of hours earlier. I went on the NHS app and it allowed me to book one. I hadn't been invited yet. Really pleased, as it allows me time to get over any after effects. I always feel wonky the next day. Nothing planned for Friday, or the weekend.
    Unfortunately, our flu jab isn't until we get back from France.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    @lehr64 Welcome! Not sure what happened to your first post, but your second one came through just fine... Glad you're here, post away. :) Tell us a little about yourself, and sign off with what you'd like to be called and some kind of general area where you live in your signature so we can get to know you a bit. It's how we keep each other straight.

Cheers!
    Lisa in Arkansas