WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kim and Heather ~ You both look beautiful in your evening clothes! So chic! :smiley: Kim, I love your hair! Heather, the wedding party looked so very festive and what this country girl would call "British". The owl idea was something new to me!

Lisa ~ Is there any chance that your grandson can stay in Hawaii with his mom?

Tracey ~ Your cake shows so much imagination. It is as cute as can be and shows a lot of creativity on your part.

Machka ~ About keeping in touch with family. I have 3 brothers and a sister and most of us keep in touch one way or the other. One brother only contacts if someone in the family had a terrible occurrence. The rest through calls, email, and Facebook. We grew up in so much turmoil between our parents that I guess it is important to keep in touch.

Kylia ~ The older I get, I feel like you do about makeup. I had very bad acne when I was young and too much sun has damaged my skin all over. Now I have broken capillaries, enlarged pores and other things related to skin damage. I feel like I have to wear foundation if I leave the house. Yet, I hate the feeling of makeup on my skin so wash it off as soon as possible.

Margaret ~ Very nicely done on your song.

Welcome to new posters! We all love getting to know each other.

Carol in GA

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Margaret, I enjoyed your singing. I had never heard the song you sang as a benediction. It was truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing the link with us. I also enjoyed hearing a totally different version of the doxology than we sing at our church. I liked the version y’all sing.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Debi and would love to join your discussion. I have only just started back on MFP after a long break & looking for some accountability, I am 56 years young, Scottish and living in London England

Welcome Debi.
    I am Debbie and am in Napa Valley, California. I am 61
    This is a great group of ladies who offer so much support and encouragement and just a listening ear when you need to talk/vent a bit/etc
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in for October 2, 2023

Kylia in Ohio: 126.6.....can't complain though since I have been eating like a pregnant woman. So this is up 2 pounds. Looking forward to a new week!

RVRita in NM: I forgot all about this yesterday! So here goes… I am 1/2 pound down from last Sunday. Better than last week. The only issue is that DH bought Halloween candy and made on purpose to buy me Tootsie Rolls. They are my favorite! I told him this morning I appreciated it but never do it again!! LOL

Debbie in Napa Valley CA: 154.2- pretty much the same as last week.

Lanette SW WA State: scale down a teensy bit this week. But the best part is – total 2.5 lbs since starting this check-in/accountability on July 24th. Slow and steady wins the race. Again – cutting out sugar and most processed foods and going 12 to 14 hours between supper and breakfast seem to be the key.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Just worked. Bowling this afternoon and ceramics tonight.

Lanette – the condo has a rule that you can’t have more than 2 pets. We’ve brought our 4 cats and no one’s ever said anything. I think it’s more that they don’t want 4 barking dogs. But cats are quiet.

Kim – lovely dress. I especially like the coverup

Tracey – what a cute cake. Love the “getting hitched” part. Did you make the icing? If so, what is your recipe?

Barbara – I’ve been tracking my sugar, too. Do you know that one CaraCara orange has more sugar in it than 2 pieces of fudge?

Well, off to bowling

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    Regarding make-up in this part of the world ...

It seems to be that those under 20 and those over 70 wear the most make-up. It kind of eases off after 20 and builds up toward 70.

In between those ages, women tend not to wear make-up or just a touch of foundation. And maybe a hint of mascara to dress up.

I would feel very self conscious if I wore more than foundation.

And people rarely wear perfume either. Thank goodness! It sets off my allergies.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

The other day I realized that my mother has been gone almost 60 years !

Got my new mahjongg card. I am still mad at myself for throwing out the old one

Going to watch a bit of TV. Hope I don’t fall asleep!

Michele NC

how young were you when she passed away- I can't imagine having my parent gone that long- (especially beings I am 61yrs old)- dad has been gone going on 3 yrs and that is hard for me to imagine.

Debbie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Pip: You certainly got your value out of those monkey feet 😝

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🙏🙏

☘️ Terri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Rebecca https://thegrovemn.online.church/

Hit Facebook Page in header. I am in the now 3rd site down. The second one you see is our later service with a band. I am about eighteen minutes in and at the end of the service.
  • dlfk202000
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Heather and Kim- both of you look beautiful- colors are perfect on you
    Happy birthday Heather

Terri- would love walking around those gardens for hours

Tracey- the cake is very rustic. Is that real barbed wire on it??
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,564 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) Yippee...we got our Covid shots today.

:) Double yippee "The Great British Baking Show" has a new season starting on Netflix

<3 Barbie