<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate payday!
    Meditation: daily. 1/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5784, 9858, 8414,6805,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 0/2 —(800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 215/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)73/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 1/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 38/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 9/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0, 500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good.
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today.
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.]/spoiler]
    RVRita , Roswell, NM
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding make-up in this part of the world ...

It seems to be that those under 20 and those over 70 wear the most make-up. It kind of eases off after 20 and builds up toward 70.

In between those ages, women tend not to wear make-up or just a touch of foundation. And maybe a hint of mascara to dress up.

I would feel very self conscious if I wore more than foundation.

And people rarely wear perfume either. Thank goodness! It sets off my allergies.

M in Oz

I was never big on makeup. I went through fits of wearing the foundation and everything else, but found that any mascara, even the hypoallergenic, would trigger eye allergies. I would start all gung-ho with makeup then by a month I stop. The only thing I like using is face cream because it is so dry here and really dries out my skin. I can feel when I need to start the face cream again! I usually use Oil of Olay face and neck serum, and Oil of Olay daytime face cream, the one for ‘mature’ skin. But generally, I don’t use anything until I feel my face getting dry.

I have noticed that here in New Mexico, and when I was living in Cookeville, TN, I didn’t notice very many people with perfume or any scent on. But when I lived in CT, it was everywhere! I’m glad about the lack though. Like Machka perfume really bothers me. Actually any strong scent sets my nose to congestion and my eyes to blurry and runny. Of course, among my campers that visit, very little or no perfume or makeup, unless they are of the ‘snobby’ sort with the biggest camper you can buy and pretend to be better than every one else. Don’t get too many of those, but did get one last week that had a million dollar fifth wheel towing a brand new jeep. He was mad because he put 2 cars on the reservation so was changed for 2 cars. It was all of $30, and he wanted me to refund it!👽🤑 LOL. I can’t do that of course and we do not give refunds so told hem to call the reservation site. Of course they won’t do it either. LOL All I could think of is the they are on the verge of bankruptcy with that car and camper so need every penny they can get! I find it funny and don’t give in to them. Now, if there are obviously not rich or snobby, I will do what I can to upgrade them if they make a mistake on reservations.

So the moral is: Be nice to me and I’ll be nice to you! Treat people how you want to be treated!

RVRita

Awe, we used to see those rich million dollar campsites at our clothing optional resort as well. There was a cement slab area for the pull thru's and then lots of grassy areas to hook up or dry camp. Many times when we used to have our pop up tent rig, it would be right next to a huge rig. Once we were next to a rig that pretty much had its generator on the whole time. The fumes were going right into our area! It was awful! The only reason he had it running was to get internt! It wasn't for heat or anything! Lee had a nice chat with him saying his exhaust was exiting into our campsite and our kids were getting headaches! He finally turned it off. We stayed away until it cleared. He really was in an area that was too small for him. I think it was a holiday weekend so the place was crowded.🙄😒
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

RvRita, congrats on the 51 days sober!

Beautiful day today. Cool but sunny. Love all the seasons but especially fall with all the changing colors. My least favorite season would probably be winter (although I still enjoy it). I don't like the long dark days though.

Put on another tomato sauce in my slow cooker and will have it cooking down all day. One more batch and I think I will be done. Will tackle that in the next few days.

Joy
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Ladies! You have been busy! I feel like I'm behind 5 pages and I've read your wonderful posts - want to make comments and send hugs to everyone! Maybe things will quiet down for me later in the day.

I'm on a mission right now and it doesn't have anything to do with chickens. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 18min 52sec, 44elev, 3.06ap, 84ahr, 95mhr, 4.02mi= 370c
    Strava app = 492c
    Walk home to gym- 11.10min, .52mi= 46c
    Strava app= 64c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 25min 59sec, 2mi @5.7sp, next 2@ 6.0sp, next 2@ 5.7sp, next 2@6.0sp, last 1/2mi @ 6.4, 7.0 & 8.0sp, 141ahr, 166mhr, 10.07min mi, 8.5mi= 838c
    Walk gym to home- 13.18min, .54mi= 68c
    Strava app= 66c

Total cal 1322

Wore old monkey feet for 1st 5 mi then switched to new ones for the rest 3-1/2miles. I miscalculated and ran 1/2 mile more than I intended, oh well. That last 1/2 mile kicked my butt, maybe it was because I ended it with the treadmill at an 8.0 speed.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Heather loved the cat!!!

Rita Way to Go! Cheering for you!

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding make-up in this part of the world ...

It seems to be that those under 20 and those over 70 wear the most make-up. It kind of eases off after 20 and builds up toward 70.

In between those ages, women tend not to wear make-up or just a touch of foundation. And maybe a hint of mascara to dress up.

I would feel very self conscious if I wore more than foundation.

And people rarely wear perfume either. Thank goodness! It sets off my allergies.

M in Oz

I was never big on makeup. I went through fits of wearing the foundation and everything else, but found that any mascara, even the hypoallergenic, would trigger eye allergies. I would start all gung-ho with makeup then by a month I stop. The only thing I like using is face cream because it is so dry here and really dries out my skin. I can feel when I need to start the face cream again! I usually use Oil of Olay face and neck serum, and Oil of Olay daytime face cream, the one for ‘mature’ skin. But generally, I don’t use anything until I feel my face getting dry.

RVRita

:smiley: I actually like it when my face feels dry. I've always had oily skin. Sometimes I'll even wash my face, or swab my face with an alcohol wipe 2 or 3 times a day just to dry things off.

That said, it's not overly dry here ... I may feel differently in your climate.

Like you, I seem to have developed an allergy to eye makeup. I'm an 80s girl so I used to wear the thick blue shadow and all, but can't do that now.

There is a push here to not use perfume. They don't ban it, but they discourage it on public transportation and at work where it might affect other people.

There's even a trend encouraging women to let their hair go natural and show their greys. I've thought about it, but I'm just not ready. Some ladies I know have done it and they look all right. One in particular looks really good, but her natural grey is quite silvery and she's pretty much completely silver grey so it's quite striking.

Machka in Oz