NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    @shanaber what a beautiful and dramatic sky! Love the photos! Thank you for sharing.
  • daria0919
    Options
    I’m a honey crisp, gala, and Granny Smith kind of gal.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Question of the day: What is everyone's FAVORITE type of apple. I used to be a Gala (well Bandit's anyway) person and when we were kids it was MacinTosh. My Mom always made baked apples with the tart Green ones. But these days if I eat any apples it is always Honeycrisp. Texture, taste. etc.. perfect!

OPAL when I can get it, used to love Golden Delicious, but hard to get. I always fall back on Granny Smith (due to price)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Honeycrisp is perfection. I also like gala, pink lady, jazz. Granny Smith is really good with caramel dip. I eat a lot of apples this time of year while they're in season.
    I hate *hate* biting into an apple an it being soft and mushy on the inside

Absolutely! That grainy kinda soft texture is gross!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Good question! We eat lots of apples around here. Sometimes my preference is directly related to how fresh they look. My absolute favourite is a fresh Elster from the farmer’s market, which sells fresher fruit than the supermarket. I don’t think this is a US variety, but it basically tastes like a honey crisp that is slightly more tangy/sour. At the supermarket I will sometimes also go for the pink lady, as they usually aren’t soft.

We have an apple tree in front of the house, it’s what I would consider the “wild” variety- no clue what it really is, but I honestly don’t like them that much and usually the ones that get really good and ripe are visited by our ever-present wasp colony before we pick them :(.

@martaindale I’m glad you had such a nice run today! I love those!
  • daria0919
    Options
    1.65 miles today

43hmxxpvljso.jpeg
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,843 Member
    Options
    testing 1 2 3

exercise.png