WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,768 Member
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,441 Member
    Machka - Pretty sure I couldn't have gone back to sleep after finding a cockroach that Egg showed me. You're a tough-minded woman!

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

I wasn't particularly worried about the cockroach. I know they exist in Tasmania and we see them now and then ... not an infestation, just the occasional one here and there. We'll see them outside once in a while. Inside, they can occasionally be found downstairs or in the bathroom, where the one was found. A couple times we've seen one in the entry way.

The thing is, we leave doors and windows open fairly frequently, and treat the garden like an additional room ... so it's no wonder various things wander in from time to time.

kymarai wrote: »
    Lisa eloquent as always and oh so true! As for Machka's cockroach I am with Machka. One lesson I learned in the Philippines was to turn on lights before entering a dark room, especially the bathroom. Between roaches, rice beetles, spiders, and geckos, you wanted to know where you were stepping. They didn't make much appearance out of bathrooms thank goodness.

TTYL,
    Kylia in cold Ohio

We get various spiders, cockroaches, scorpions, various insects, and small lizards wandering into the house.

Rhody captures moths, but doesn't really like to eat them, so he gives them to me. He leaves them by my laptop.

We pop the lizards and some of the others back outside.

Scorpions and wasps don't usually make it.

But yes, we've got motion lights in the hallway and toilet room so that we can see what might be in the way of walking.

We'll sometimes bring motion lights with us when we travel so we can use them where we stay too.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Lanette, Oops, I even weighed this morning. The lowest I was all week, coming in at 127.6. Yay! Was stuck at 139.8 all week so I will say water weight. Water, water, water...ugh.

Tina I am sending you hugs. So sorry for your loss.

Annie Still hugging you!

Tracey Mr Snowman is still in recovery. It was dark when I got home. I am hoping he will be okay and ready to go back to work this weekend-lol! I love the Christmas wrap idea! Make it like a giant present.

Carol Computer issues suck! Good to see your smiling face.

My bit of country life was a coyote in the backyard. I was watching with binoculars when I realized it was eating. He stood there for over 5 minutes even when DH went out on porch. Strange behavior as they are usually quite skittish and drag they prey back undercover. Remember 2 acres in backyard. Drove truck down to investigate. It was gone, but bunny fur remained. Just an odd thing that I don't often see.

Well, yesterday's hunt was safe, but no meat brought in. DH said he sat and watched 2 eating for about 15 minutes around 5 pm. He chose not to take shot as it would have been the only one taken and late in day. Two guys missed their shots. Today is a new day. We don't believe in trophy hunting. Venison is our main red meat.

I got three hours of online training done yesterday. Sold a lawnmower, snow blower, and trimmer. Was a busy couple of hours in late day. Hoping for another productive day.

Hair appointment tonight. SIL won't be at worked. I told her to stay home as I don't want whatever she has! So just Roger and I.

Off to get some more cards done. I got my first one in the mail yesterday! I do have to get my decorating inside done before Sunday evening. We are hosting the dessert gathering. I reckon my theme is cozy Christmas. One friend decorates early American style. Antiques, old fashioned ornaments, candles. The other's style is country chic. She uses lots of white and metals. I once lamented that my house has no style. My sister said my style is cozy and welcome. Love her!

Hugs held extra tight!

Much love,
    Kylia in Cold 🥶 Ohio thankful for alpaca socks and long johns! Oh and remote start vehicles.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Definitely playing with water weight! Scale says 131 this morning. I am sure last night's massage didn't help scale, but water needed.
  • Machka9
    p7t3sseabp6h.png
  • Machka9
    Machka I would rather be doing SQL. It's a little like a big magic spoon to mix and sample data. Have fun!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Annie in Delaware

I do enjoy working with SQL and am glad I could take this course. I have worked with SQL for years, and have taken courses in it, but I'm yet to feel anything like proficient ... one day, maybe. Of course, there have been a few people where I work who are absolutely brilliant at SQL, so that's what I aspire to!

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Annie- we had Hospice for my FIL they are a God Send for the whole family honestly...
    They take the whole family into consideration..I would definitely contact palliative care and ask and or social services..in the meantime..One hour at a time my friend...
    Carol- it took my brother and I from the end of January until beginning of December the year my dad passed to clean out his house,with the same situation as yours..
    Im going to get dressed.rake the leaves in my patio.and meeting my friends for pizza at 1 this afternoon.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 678 Member
    <3

Betsy in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    Tina - So very sad about your friend. Our friends are so important to us. :'(

Annie - Good discussion with your sister. You can have hospice at home, but it is a huge strain. I personally would not consider it, but you may feel otherwise.

I have filled in the self-referral form for physio at the hospital. I'm not getting too excited, but you have to start somewhere!

I have also, this week, gone back to editing my book. It feels so good to be working on it again. Huge shift in mood.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    <3 Detachment and taking it one day at a time are good suggestions for today. They don't solve the problem, but they relieve the worrier of a lot of pain and suffering.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,768 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,052 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate yogurt and bananas for breakfast.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 15/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    96 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,5327, 5211, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 220/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)98/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 15/23. (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 47/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 11/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax. Took a walk.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Have to think about this.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…” I will remember this!
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective. According to my therapist, this is called empathy. I do this but not enough. Will try to do better.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself. Staying in bed and resting today.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation. I do this most days at the park.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site. Will do!
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before. My DH does this all the time! He does all the cooking.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them. Hmmmm Did not do this.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them. I will!
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity with your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently. I do this on MFP
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way. I will need to think about this.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show. Did this.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it. I’m not sure who I will do this with, maybe my neighbor and not sure what to do yet. Thinking about it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
    Spoiler