WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Kylia I liked what he said about consumption too. I commented on it but I must have forgotten to save it. The third video was about water and food choices in the grocery store which I pretty much follow already. I did go to U-tube to subscribe and watched the one on digestion and the importance of giving your body time to find its rhythm and why it is important to not eat after dinner so you get a natural 12-14 break in eating.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Neighbors all around us were shooting off fireworks until sometime after 2AM- I woke up a few times, neighbors on the one side of us were still in their back yard talking, thankfully they turned the music down a little after 1:30 or so. They were still up talking when son left for work at 5:30AM. I heard them a little after that one of the times I woke up.
    DH worked, went to his mom's then messaged me to see if I wanted to go out shopping(picking up stuff for his mom)- I was just doing a breathing treatment so told him if it was just his store, no thanks, otherwise to give me a half hour-Guess he didn't like that-was all fine I will just do it by myself and something about how his year is going to be. What ever. I didn't rush and he did her shopping by himself while I stayed in bed. I did get up to feed the cats- they didn't care that I was sick, they were still hungry.

Made a pot of white beans with the ham from Christmas and I will make some corn bread in a bit.
    Dinner last night was good- lots of leftover seafood won ton soup. Had some for lunch-dh is having some now.

Drinking SOOOO MUCH hot tea-lots of bathroom breaks.
    About time for another nebulizer treatment- trying to stay on top of it so I don't end up on the machine for 5 weeks again like has happened too often.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,238 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I echo Barbie's comment. You have got it done so fast and maintained your balance throughout. It will be a wonderful addition to your lives. I'm looking forward to seeing it with furniture. :D

We won't be able to do all our exercises tomorrow, let alone our writing, because the girls are arriving at 9.30. I might get some rowing in, 20 minutes, but I like to look presentable for them. They notice.
    I expect some Art will be done. Max may come over later. I went to the shop today and bought sufficient supplies for any permutation of numbers and appetites. I have gluten free stuff for Edie.
    Their mum is picking them up after lunch and then Waitrose is delivering. I will probably make halloumi curry for dinner, if I've got the energy.

I was reading my book through this morning and was amazed at how much I had to change, on a third read through! At some point you just have to say, "enough!" Still dreading writing the blurb.

Just watched the French Maigret, Bruno Cremer. I think the series is coming to an end. I will really miss my weekly dose of French and good acting and production values. Boo!

Tracey - I just love your grandchildren! I wish I could visit while they are there. :p<3 We are blessed.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    1st stats for the new year-

1st walk of the year w/family- pushed Chispa in the buggy- 2hrs 57sec, 99elev, 3.09ap, 91ahr, 134mhr, 6.30mi= 613c
    Strava app = 772c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 9min 14sec, 1470elev, 112aw, 13.4amph, gear30, 99ahr, 131mhr, 15.51mi= 423c
    Strava app = 443c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 9min 21sec, 1473elev, 111aw, 52arpm, 13.41amph, 15.5mi= 443c

Total cal 1036
  • B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    g0oxt4i6i7qg.jpg

K.J. This is so funny! Thank you for sharing it!
    Kate
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    December summary:
    Lots of room for improvement.
    December average weight 131.5, 0.2 lbs more than November but 5.8 lbs less than Jan 1 2024 @ 137.3.
    Average steps 5988, dog walks, PT way down from November, meditation never even started.
    Dedicated time with Joe, readings, BP, consistent line dance class, dog group, ok. Added chair yoga, Hebrew word of the day and daily bone broth.
    less sugar than mfp allows-303 g. CI<CO-87% Vitamins-79%.
    January intentions – same as December
    Move -average more steps than May (7778), twice weekly line dancing, weekly chair yoga when offered, YouTube when not, daily-ish basic PT, play with and walk dogs, every other day 2 sets dumbbells, criss-cross with abs, hip openers, seated twist and block ab lifts.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
    Tracey I want to be one of your grands, like I want to be one of KJ’s day care kids. :love: the New Years pics, looks like fun times.
    Machka wow, what a year. Most wonderfully your successful retirement from the legal assistant. VERY well done.
    KJ those pothole pics were real tea-snorters. Thanks!
    Lanette thanks for the Dr. Matt videos. Feel like you, Barbie and the gals here are the healthy voices he suggests we surround ourselves with. Halfway through the second one I realized I could be marching in place while watching :laugh: Will watch the 7 healthy habits one again as I didn’t catch some of what he said. Time to find an audiologist [sigh]
    Evie congrats on the pleasant surprise!
    Welcome @NJMomof3 and @reall180 !
    Barbie Loved those mfp carols and songs.
    Heather, nose, ears, feet (and in my case belly) all continue to grow. Heels? Good riddance!
    Rosemarie have you decided on the blue leather couch? Is it still on sale? ((hugs))
    Kate in TN good to see you back! ((hugs held extra long))
    Tumble just reminded me that its way past Tummy Time, so . . .
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January:: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday, chair yoga, line dance.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options