Ages 70+

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Just popped in for a quick look. At the airport and got through security very quickly. Have a 2 hour wait now so just sitting and relaxing at the gate. Flight is on schedule. Already had breakfast at the hotel so don’t really need anything. May buy a bottle of water in a bit.

Enjoy the day.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Joy have a wonderful, relaxing trip.
    Quiet day

We are off to the Farmer's Market.

Have a healthy day everyone B)
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just popping in. Glad everyone is well. Heat wave still doing a number on my exercise routine. Managed to walk along the canal for an hour after the sun was mostly down. But it was not what I would call a brisk pace!
    Have been doing some shifting of bookshelves and it sure is convincing me we need to keep downsizing.
  • jonni82014
    Options
    Good morning

We trade our reading books; however we too have so many. We do have to declutter. I'll have to research the guidelines as to "how" to. What to keep, trade, donate and discard.
    We do take the ones that the Book Shop does not want to trade, to a Thrift Centre.

Heading out to walk the trails in the River Valley. To our destination, there are about 500stairs (up and down) We have not tackled the stairs yet because DH had knee surgery. DH has been doing some stairs at the Rec Centre. So today might be the day to tackle some of them. I admit that I have not the desire. However, I do need to walk the stairs to get to our destination.

Construction, replacing the water main in front of our house continues. It's going to be a blistering day for those workers; however they have said that they do take the necessary precautions. Construction for the next 8 weeks.

We went to a Farmer's Market yesterday. It was fun. We are going to try to get out to others at least once a week. Until we leave for Europe end of July. There will be a lot of walking on that trip.

Making a red lentil soup for lunches for the week.
    Smoked chicken and salad for dinner this evening.

Have a healthy day. B)
  • jonni82014
    Options
    It's a beautiful warm day here.
    The rain has subsided and we have been blessed with blooms from our perennials.

Going out for a walk in The River Valley before I go to the Seniors Centre.
    Treadmill 45minutes Stretch and free weights 50minutes.

Counting the number of sleeps before our vacation.

Got to keep moving, Have a healthy day everyone. B)
  • oceanmelody
    Options
    Good job on the gym!
    I made it back on the bike today—a bit overcast with a bit of a wind. Saw a fawn, horses, geese and chickens. 13 miles round trip.
  • jonni82014
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yikes! That bike ride sounds like a good, fun challenge. I really prefer riding a bike, if I do, outside; as like yourself we see the wonderful distractions of nature. Instead of a screen in a gym depicting nature.
    We have bike lanes in our urban city. I will say that I would not travel along cars on busy streets to inhale emission fumes. However, cyclists do use them to travel to work. Convenient.

We have bike trails in the River Valley. The trails have various grades, that accommodate cyclists that maybe novice, cruise or are BMX racers.

Do you live outside of a large city?

It's raining again. I personally do not care for all of the rain (bad hair :D ), however the moisture(need more) keeps the wildfires tampered and the crops growing.

Just for today errand, donate to the thrift centre, bake an Almond flour chocolate cake. Pita pizzas for dinner.

Have a healthy day B)

• oceanmelody
    Options
    I live in the Rochester NY suburbs. Whereabouts do you live?
    Not fond of city riding, but love country roads and trails.
    Betty
  • cindywelles61
    cindywelles61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy, I just found this group and also need support. Gained about 25 plus pounds from medical issue, still within a healthy BMI, but all on my waist and buttocks. Need to get these pounds off and am having one heck of a time. Steroids didn't help, nor did statin medications. ...tried and failed at intermittent fasting as I seem to binge after fasting previously lost on a severely restricted weekly diet and intense exercise. My mobility is limited now, but I am starting up on slow chair yoga and walking exercises. . .I just turned 67. I will be going for some additional thyroid testing to double check if that is an issue. However weight seems pretty consistent from steroid use and increased statin use. I also quit smoking. And had a couple of hip replacements if that makes any sense. . .any help or suggestions are welcome. . . I do have a carb and some sweet weakness. . .sweets only once a month. .
    I buy low carb, keto friendly bread products. . .and prepare pasta rice products sparingly.