LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @globalhiker - I can truly ‘hear’ your joy ring through in your comments. I agree this LA lifestyle might mean less alcohol, but look how much MORE we get from it! #respect #motivation #painfree #sleep #positvemood - all the things you mention. Way to go.

@Michieb125, thanks and your weight loss is commendable!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @I_am_motivated : Wow! That’s ambitious!

I join you in several of those, including 16:8. But, I don’t lose weight unless I track. (Turns out, I can eat plenty in 8 hours if I’m not careful.)

Your post reminds me to go back to take creatine, which really seemed to help with recovery. Also, I drink tea all day and electrolytes in the evening to get my liquids.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    5 - AF
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @lmlmrn please let us know what kinds of seeds you are planting! My order from Burpee is on my planting table with new seed pods and soil ready for me. Enjoy your night out with DH

Hehe, So far I planted all my herbs, cilantro, parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary etc. Then in another one I have peppers (4 types) and dill. Friday after my 2nd grow light (can't take these outside yet) will be my tomatoes, onions, carrots, beets and maybe a few more just not sure....

So yesterday we did go out and I had my 2 beers but I am rethinking about continuing visiting our last remaining beer place within 25 miles. They have specials each week. So I ordered this 'french' burger. That had caramelized onion, swiss cheese and 1/2lb patty on brioche bun and some sort of red wine demi .....now the last time I checked when you pour a liquid on top of the bun...things get wet, soggy and completely disintegrate. So I am mopping this liquid off the top of the bun, putting napkins under the bun to sop that up. In the mean time the cheese has stuck to one of the napkins and won't let go like me and my bottle of wine. So the bartender/waitstaff looks at me odd, and I just commented who though putting liquids on bread was a good idea??? Anyway this is the second meal in a row that really was well below expectations. Last week was raw batter on fish and chips.

So looks like we may be making our weekly date with a six pack, movie on Amazon and a carry out pizza if we can find a new pizza place (even pizza is not what I am use too) How can you mess up a pizza you ask???? Come visit me.

Lots of love and laughs to everyone. Life is too short to keep mentally beating yourself up xx

• 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @dmally1 Welcome!

Awareness and taking that first step will work wonders :smile: This group has people of all ages with varying goals. The common focus- reducing alcohol intake and the impact it has on our lives. One thing I cannot say enough is that there is no judgement in this group- I lurked for a long time before commenting and I think posting and staying honest has been helpful in my progress (even those days where it feels like I'm only taking baby steps!)
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Goals for March
    Mostly Dry (no more than 4 days)
    Possible Exceptions
    First week is a killer
    3/4 - Dinner Out
    3/5 - Dinner Out (may not go)
    3/8 - Fashion Show
    TBD
    Goal AF = 27+

Current Streak - AF = 1
    Longest Streak 2024 - AF = 16

First week as expected, sorta but more than planned.

A = 2
    W = 2
    AF = 2
    A=Non Wine Alcohol
    Month Recap by Day
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3/1 ✅️
    3/2 🥃planned, blackberry crown. It was good :)
    3/3 🥃
    3/4 🍷planned
    3/5 🍷
    3/6 ✅️
    3/7
    3/8
    3/9
    3/10
    3/11
    3/12
    3/13
    3/14
    3/15
    3/16
    3/17
    3/18
    3/19
    3/20
    3/21
    3/22
    3/23
    3/24
    3/25
    3/26
    3/27
    3/28
    3/29
    3/30
    3/31
    2024 Stats
    January
    AF = 87%
    A = 13%
    February
    AF = 58%
    A = 42%
    2023 Stats Detailed
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 27%
    A = 73%
    July
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    August
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    September
    AF= 0%
    A= 100%
    October
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
    November - Assumed
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
    December - Assumed
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    AF-6
    7 Pillars-2
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    6 - AF
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good day to all!
    AF yesterday and no planned A until maybe saturday? maybe not.

Just checking in and reading posts....not much to add yest today....Happy trails

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Thursday.

Yesterday was beautiful on my day off. We went to enjoy some sunshine after DH got out of work. amazing how only an hour of vitamin D can change your mood. I had a H00 at the tiki place. Then we went home and DH wanted to eat out. We went to a cool place we have gone a million times and OMG they had no iced tea. I always get iced tea there.

I saw a pineapple on top of a bar tap starring at me and I ordered it. ACE Pineapple Cider. 16 ounce pour.

It was refreshing for the first 5 or 6 sips, then the sweetness kicked in. I did not even drink half. Slid it over to DH.

So accountability is as of yesterday:
    5AF
    1A (1 standard drink amount)

Welcome @dmally1 nice to read your post.