10 pounds to lose challenge- May 1 - July 31, 2024

Options

Replies

• monsox
    monsox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okie doke. Here we go.

Why: This sheds the last bit inherited from dark family. I’ve stopped smoking, stopped drinking, and lost 30 of the 50 lbs I gained when my father and best friend died and his buffer role between dysfunctional family dissipated. By losing these last 20 lbs, I cement that I have risen above, broken the chain, and that I survive and thrive. In order to do this, I must learn more about how to be with difficult emotions and feelings, including cravings. It is all connected.

Plan: Structured but semi-lax routines, calorie deficit and intermittent fasting. Adjust as needed.

- morning meditation (20-30 min)
    - morning gratitudes
    - short jog (start with 5-10 min)
    - brief weight lifting regimen interspersed with HIIT (20 min)
    - stretching and brief core/back exercises (5-10 min)

- brief yoga in afternoon (10-15 min)
    - midday meditation (20 min)

- evening wind-down cleaning (teeth, face)
    - journal
    - evening gratitudes
    - sleep at least 7 hrs

I have a slow metabolism, even when exercising regularly. 1350-1500 kcal a day works for me for gradual weight loss, though 1350 can lead to slowed metabolism if I don’t shake it up. FTDI diet has worked in the past.

Deal with cravings first by making sure you are drinking enough water, and then by checking meals. Can deal with additional sweet cravings using fruit, but don’t over do it. Remember to practice being with feelings.

The idea is to not be too hard on oneself, but to stress the body enough for it to refine and rebuild, while at the same time doing activities that help destress. All the while, slow perception shifts are progressively made.

Track weight, kcal, water, sleep. Follow exercise apps, but don’t need to “track,” just need to exercise regularly.

I have an exam tomorrow. I’ll start after that.

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    I’m in!!

Welcome! Let the challenge begin!