Dangerous stupid stuff that you've done

Options

Replies

• SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    God, where do I even begin?

Let's see...going off with a random guy and my best friend to his fishing boat to play strip poker.

Got drunk on another friend's nearly flat roof. I was perfectly fine, but my friends kept thinking I was getting too close to the edge.

Driving with one foot hanging out of my window...I thought I was all bad-*kitten*, but in my defense, I did pull my foot back in once I hit 40mph.....

So many times I went to random parties, went off with random people....hell, I even gave three drunk guys a sober ride home one night. They all could have turned out so badly...
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    pretty much never done anything dangerous or stupid....
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Once I ran with scissors
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Been in a relationship.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUT other than that, best/stupidest thing I can think of is play strip poker with three of my friends in our dorm building while having an advisor who lives on the floor right across the hall in his room and people from the speciality floor coming and talk to us every 5min. (Yes we were drunk)

hBE73EDA0
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Way back in 2001, I was a newlywed, and my hubby and his friend decided to run a cable between two trees. Pulled tight by my 1979 Chevy Nova. On said cable, they had a pulley. On this pulley, they had a strap. Now, they rode this pulley down the cable numerous times. With much fun and brovado. When my stupid self said "I want to try!". Now, I specificaly asked "I won't get hurt, right?". To which they replied "No!". As I twisted and turned my way down said cable, I bounced off of the tree at the end, and landed straight on my butt. And began screaming. After they saw that I Wasn't Freaking Joking, they carried me into the house. And called 911. Living in the boonies, it took EMS 20 minutes to get there. In the ambulance, I begged the guy "Knock me out!", to no avail. After arriving in the hospital, they had to cut me out of my clothes. My favorite jeans. Well, MRI revealed that I had fractured one vertebre and crushed another. Three days later, and a very loopy journey through ICU ( by the way-I hate jello now), I had surgery. Two 10" rods and 8 2" screws later, I found out I was one .16" from being peralized. 12 years later, I still count my lucky stars. Oh, by the way, did I mention I was completely sober and watching Murder She Wrote right before? Hmm.
    Luckily, I can't remember most of my dumb drunk stunts.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    Stood up to a robber when I was 18 working at a pizza restaurant. He had a large hunting knife. I had a 27" wicked looking pizza cutter (looked like a saber!). I was dumb and thought I had the upper hand.

Luckily, he gave up and left. The cops and the boss both told me I was an idiot. Personally, I think I'm just lucky in a calculated way.

Cops were just jealous you saved the day!
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    One time. I crossed the street. Diagonally.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Driving with one foot hanging out of my window...I thought I was all bad-*kitten*, but in my defense, I did pull my foot back in once I hit 40mph.....

Come to think of it, I did ride on the freeway in a Ford Pinto with my legs hanging out the hatchback. Being in a Pinto at all was probably the most dangerous thing I've ever done. :tongue:
  • MyCatLookedAtMe
    Options
    I was 16, in the car with my friend, Heather. She lit a bottle rocket and held it out the window (while driving), it flew back into the car through the back window where me and my friend Josh was sitting. We both scream and he slams his steel toed boot onto it right before it explodes...

Whoo...
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

Come to think of it, I did ride on the freeway in a Ford Pinto with my legs hanging out the hatchback. Being in a Pinto at all was probably the most dangerous thing I've ever done. :tongue:

i already know im a horrible person but when i seek kids doing this i either secretly wish they would crash right away or i think about swerving into their lane just to scare the **** out of them
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    Think the question should be, what stupid thing have I not done? The 90's are a blur!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a great idea to play Dora the explorer and climb down an ocean side cliff while I was drunk. SMH. I have no clue how I managed to walk away from that with just a few scratches and bruises.
    Virtual high-five! I've done the same (except it was a hill's cliffside for me).

However, THE dumbest thing I've ever done is shoot myself in the face. Just above the eye. With a bow. Sober.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I once "shot the pier" in Lake worth.
    What happens is that you catch a big wave, usually the remenants of a tropical storm or a hurricane, and, as you are riding it in, you surf under the pier.
    This is stupid on more levels then I can count.

The next dumb thing was while stationed in Augsburg, Germany.
    These two girls decided they wanted to go to a bar in Ansbach. One girl had a Miata. I was the most sober of the bunch so, I drove while getting a "handie" from one of the girls. My buddy and the other girl sat on the convertible top cover while driving on the Autobahn to Ansbach.

And finally, I decided to test the limits on a borrowed GSXR1300.
    It was around midnight and it was on Alligator Alley. This is an absolutle straight peice of road but, at those speeds, you tend to override the headlights. I remembered hearing stories about alligators laying on the blacktob because it was warm and that slowed me down. I would imagine hitting a 500LB gator at 180 MPH would end badly for me.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i was lucky: i only landed a punch--i didn't start a fistfight.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Dangerous = "Looking for Mr. Goodbar"" in the 70's

Stupid = taking "quaaludes" and turning left and driving OVER a median into oncoming traffic and into a person's yard without getting hit or caught by the cops
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Mohr stories please!! :smile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Drove in the rain, really fast...
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ugh..When I was 16 I met a guy online(myspace I believe), he was 25, and lived in another state and flew out to see me after a few months of talking. Stayed in an apartment with him for a few weeks, it was very stupid.

Another stupid move I made was trying to drive with my cousin in a really bad blizzard, to get some booze (his idea). We made it a few feet until we got stuck and had to shovel the jeep out, and we continued driving! Picked up a homeless man, exchanged a ride for him buying us our booze since we were underage and drove him to the worst motel in that area. Pretty sure he pocketed most of our money too.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    all happened when I was a kid
    -jumping off cliffs into rocks/lake erie
    -getting stuck in quick sand on the side of a cliff on lake erie
    -jumping out of the back of a pick up truck while moving
    -falling down a forested ravine
    -falling through the ice on lake erie
    -went into a dark corn field while it was being plowed and had to run from the plow cause im an idiot child
    -lost in marshes and forests many times
    -going in the lake when I knew there was a undertow and almost drowning that was dumbs
    -my hair got caught on fire once