Options

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 34
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,408 Member
    Options
    No time for individual comments, but I have caught up on reading.

We are hoping to go out on our boat for a short trip to see the Red Arrows fly past of Belfast Lough mid morning. The are in a tour of Britain to commemorate the D Day landings 80 years ago.

Will do my local shopping on our way home.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Housing update.
    Positively love the cottage (that's what they call them). The finishes are quite nice. The unit that I have laid claim to looks out over the pond and walking path. v4yxmh9mr7wl.jpeg

It is scheduled that I can move in November 1. While I doubt I am retired then (the transition hasn't started and will take some time) I can move slowly and also work from home there and travel the 45 minutes back here as needed. I don't have to sell my current home until I fully move. I am making a decision at a time.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohi

Sounds lovely!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Managed to trim my toenails this morning, after a shower in my own step up shower cubicle on the top floor. Go me! :D Then I applied clear varnish to all my nails. Ready for summer sandals, which I normally wear two days a year when it's over 85°. :p .Applied unguents to all parts.
    After all that I dozed off for half an hour. Still a bit generally achey. I will take a totter down the road in a moment. Then fry the halloumi in preparation for the curry for dinner. AF beer.

My new covid tests have just arrived, so we are well stocked.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited June 22
    Options
    I learned another reason why it is important to not mouth breathe if possible at night. It dries out my mouth. I notice when I still find myself mouth breathing at night I wake up to a dry mouth.

Saliva helps to protect your teeth. I have been fortunate to have a good supply of it. I know certain medications and health conditions can affect your saliva. Some have mentioned problems with their teeth here. It might help to talk to your doctor or dentist on ways to increase saliva if possible.

I am also trying to rinse my mouth with an alkaline rinse like small amount of aloe or baking soda/water mix after eating to counteract the acid I eat and drink. I like lemon water or apple cider vinegar water in the morning and they are high in acid. These foods are good for me in other ways but hard on the enamel of my teeth hence rinsing with something alkaline.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    Machka - I can't bear to shut all the light out of any room except the bedroom, it's the only place we've kept the room darkening curtains. And I put the window tint behind them, as well, but that's more for the heat reflection there. It's making a difference already in how much the air conditioners are having to run to cool the rooms down to 75 or 76 degrees (24C). It's all I can handle in terms of being able to be comfortable in the summer heat.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I also don't like shutting out the light. If I'm here, I'll likely have the blinds all up, but the sun does get very strong and warm on the one side. The inner blind is similar to the screen in a screen door. We can see out through it, but it blocks the sun, and also mutes the view of anyone who might glance our way, kind of the way that sheers used to.

Then the blackout blind is great for the night and the winter, to keep the warmth in and coolness out.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't have curtains over the blinds, but my husband has told me he would like curtains. I've told him we'll wait and see.

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    <3