WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options
1495051525355»

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :) Daughter and family will be here in a few minutes for a final visit and farewell. They head back to California tomorrow morning early. It has been a great visit.

:) Here is the link to the new thread for July. It's already July in Tasmania and the UK so it's time.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919153/women-ages-50-for-july-2024/p1?new=1
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Allie!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Had a good time with grand daughter.
    She had a bit of a fussy spell-Mom and Dad left while she was having a bottle. She finished that and wanted a bit more. After she finished that I picked her up and walked her around the house. As we went to each room she realized she wasn't seeing mom or dad! She got a touch fussy then but we sat on the floor and played a bit. I fed her her dinner of oatmeal and prunes and then it was pretty much bedtime. She slept 12 hours straight.

So after GD in bed, I decided to watch season 3 of Bridgerton. Was awake when son and DIL got home after midnight. Ended up with about 4 hours sleep so yesterday I was a bit messed up! Feeling much more like myself today. Picked up some black raspberries from Farmers' Market for my brother-he loves them. Ran them over to him today. Not enough for him to make one of his pies (not sure if he would remember how) but he will enjoy the snack. He was having a good day.

Need to get some stuff ready for tomorrow. Did absolutely nothing for work this weekend-oh well!

Take care all-see you over in July!

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely day ,was spoiled by my friends this evening..
    I am truly blessed..
    Well another year older !! But a few lbs down, so that makes me happy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend with mom. Didn't get up to her house until 9:45 after going to aqua zumba. I had trouble sleeping then mom's alarm went off at 4AM. Helped at the food program and we helped over 120 families.
    I actually took a little nap after I made lunch for her and I.(I very rarely nap- just on days I help doing the food program). Woke up to a friend knocking on the door- I had told him I would be up for the weekend but never heard back from him. He goes out and visits mom once in a while. A bit later, my friend that I knew was coming out showed up to surprise mom. Mom LOVED having the three of us there- kept getting a bit teary eyed, saying how much she loved having them both there.
    Olive made home made vanilla ice cream that we added fresh raspberries and mango- we had that before dinner. Mike stayed just for that then had to leave.
    I made dinner- seafood pasta with shrimp and lobster plus fresh steamed squash.
    Today I got up early- out in the garden at 8:30, worked planting lots of seeds( kolorabi, parsnips, turnips, carrots, two kinds of beets while mom planted a ton of watermelon radishes)
    Got the drip lines all working and all the rows covered to keep the birds and cats out. I also planted some catnip plants.
    It got too hot to do anymore. I had wanted to plant the Swiss chard plants and eggplant plants. She said she will do those this evening when it cools off.
    I headed home at 3PM- my car said it was 102!! Going to be hot for the next 10 days. I will have to water extra each day here.
    Came home, took the kittens playpen out- dh left them out each night that I was gone so now they have almost free range of the whole house. They stay in the living room most of the time but do venture into the kitchen once in a while. Just need to get them where they will go all the way to the bathroom so I can get the litter box out of the living room

Now to read and catch up on here.

Debbie
    Napa Valley Ca
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Sunday.
    @Machka9 I love to read, too. I am a big fan of Nora Roberts. I am wondering if I read Night Shift. The Black Hills also looks good. I finished The Inheritance by Nora Roberts and am waiting to read the next book of the trilogy.
    It sounds like we all have headaches; I hope you all get some relief.
    Kylia, my life has been so much better with the CPAP machine. The mask made me claustrophobic, but I love the nasal pillows. I hope it works for you, too.
    Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    See you all in July.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    Options
    My neighbor called a couple hrs ago and said I saw you outside today and you look fabulous..that made my day..its great when people notice.. im looking forward to when i break the 200 mark

• mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well this Monday. I finished part one of my recipe project, and I will work on part two on Wednesday. Tomorrow, I will put my golden retriever Rose in day camp, visit my mom, and go swimming.
    You all do something that will make you smile. I am also researching how to start an herb garden. Have a fantastic Tuesday, everyone!:)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    To everyone who's still showing up in June - come over to join us in July! Clean slate, same group... :smiley:
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Here is the link to the new thread for July. It's already July in Tasmania and the UK so it's time.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919153/women-ages-50-for-july-2024/p1?new=1

• grandmallie
    Options
    Morning ladies watching Miles this afternoon for a little bit.. hope everyone is enjoying the day..