WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,396 Member
    Options
    [Machka: MFP works for me, too. It remembers my entries an offers lots of alternatives after one or two letters are typed.

Have a great day 💐

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Rain off and on today. The pasture gates are open but right now everyone is hanging out in the sheds. I guess wet grass is just not appealing enough. All the kitties are darling.

We have blossoms on our plants but no tomatoes. However we have berries on our bushes that are starting to turn blue. We need a little more sunshine and warm weather. DD is stopping on her way home from work today to buy bing cherries at a farmstand. Yum!

Beth - so glad the implant is working so well for you.

Well wishes to all of you recovering from surgeries or illness.

Annie - glad you are getting to ride horseback again. Such a relaxing thing to do.

Michelle - so sorry about your friend. That is so hard.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Deb – the way the kittens play, I’m of the opinion that I’m watching World Wrestling….lol

Michele in NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Hello all,took care of Ginger and pocked up my antibiotics, have one dose in..like I said had to take a pain pill earlier and got some more rest.
    My kidney function is down to 14% so they are decreasing the dose of the eliquis i am on to 2.5 rather than 5 mg twice a day. So for right now will cut what i have in half to use them up.those suckers are expensive
    Going to get some more sleep.. watched the Celine Dion movie I Am on Prime ,it was very interesting.

Oh Allie. That's bad. Can you start dialysis while you wait for a transplant? Under 15% is kidney failure, isn't it?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hello all,took care of Ginger and pocked up my antibiotics, have one dose in..like I said had to take a pain pill earlier and got some more rest.
    My kidney function is down to 14% so they are decreasing the dose of the eliquis i am on to 2.5 rather than 5 mg twice a day. So for right now will cut what i have in half to use them up.those suckers are expensive
    Going to get some more sleep.. watched the Celine Dion movie I Am on Prime ,it was very interesting.

Allie … I am sorry to hear this. Did your doctor consider the ozempic as a culprit. It seems like so many medications affect those with kidney issues. Hugs.

Beth
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,396 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    I must have been tired last night as I didn’t wake up until just after 8 o’clock this morning.

Lisa: So pleased your numbers have largely improved.

Allie: That’s not good. Please take care, dear girl.

Tracey: 🎉 Congratulations 🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 not that it was ever in doubt. 😂

Just card-making today after lunch. And I have invited my Parchment crafting friends here next Friday as we couldn’t book our usual venue. It’s just a small group of 5, so my dining room no will adequately accommodate them.then I’m free as a bird for 2 months.

Have a lovely Friday and enjoy your weekend.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,199 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    I had an interesting day today. I tackled a job that had been waiting in the background for some time. My jewellery collection. I don't mean serious gold stuff, that I have kept track of and wear often, but the old, costume, and silver bits and pieces that I have stashed away in bags and boxes over the years. I have some cheap bling that I only wear on cruises, and various heavy beaded necklaces that I haven't worn in decades.
    So . . . . I have put some aside for the charity shop. Quite nice ones, but they are too heavy and uncomfortable to wear. I discovered a few silver pieces that I will wear again, as they have come back into fashion! I kept a few that I hope will come back into fashion in the future, like big earrings. I polished all the silver and sorted everything. Threw away one container. I could declutter more, but I'm quite proud of myself.
    I need to find a more practical way of storing the pieces. At the moment, they are in five different containers and it is easy to forget what is there. I will explore possibilities on Amazon.
    So.... a good day's work! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I have my costume jewellery hanging on cup trees on top of one of my dressers as decoration. That way, I get to see them every day even if I don't wear them very often.

A number of years ago, I put suction cup hooks on the side of my shower and hung them there ... but I like the cup trees better.
    zimv92i1s8ma.png

John and I measured the upstairs bathroom this afternoon, so I can get some idea of how much flooring I need to replace the horrible carpet. I think it's MDF underneath as the loft extension was done in 2004. Next week I will get on a bus to the flooring shop on the bus route. I will have to factor in removal of the carpet and fitting of the vinyl into the price I expect. Excited!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Are you planning to lay it yourself or get someone to do it?

Have you checked what's under the carpet? What condition it is in?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    :)The news feed It showed up on MFP when I opened the website on my computer. It was a list of my friends and various entries that automatically entered (there was a way to shut off what you didn't want entered) It was interesting but took a bit of time to scroll through. I often commented when someone had reach a milestone of consecutive days logging. There was a way to hide anyone if you didn't want to see their news feed. I sort of miss it, but now have more time to read "Women Ages 50+" with the extra time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

What many didn't realise was that our "streaks" or consecutive days are NOT consecutive days of logging. They are consecutive days of opening MFP or leaving it open. I have a "streak" of 3281 days, and it keeps going up every day, and will as long as I don't log out of MFP. But I've rarely logged in the past 6 years.

The number of days I have opened MFP isn't something I celebrate.

I'm actually kind of glad the "you've closed for food diary for the day" posts have stopped.

M in Oz

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Kylia-don't take on that family guilt. If she had the surgery planned ahead of time and then you chose to go it might be different-or if it was a bona fide emergency operation but in this case-NO. You chose not to be victimized. It can be very uncomfortable but stand for yourself-and we are all right behind you.

Allie-those numbers are concerning.

Beth-the process of the implant is fascinating. I didn't realize there would be so much relearning on your part but what an amazing technology!

Tracey-congratulations on the official graduation! You will find a job. And for the record-many people receive a degree and work in a completely different field! One thing a diploma tells people is that you have perseverance to complete it-traits are often much more important than subject matter knowledge.

So may be a hiccup with retirement place.
    The moving coordinator called yesterday and said "Your apartment is finished ahead of schedule. You need to move in by end of August." I said-NO. So we are sorting it out. I was pretty calm about whole thing-it there are roadblocks then it could be something else is meant to be. Also, received notice before that that one of ladies from my craft group (who I had seen Wednesday evening) notified a member that her FIL committed suicide Weds. evening. He was very advanced age and had been ill but this was surprise. We never know-but such things help me keep things in perspective. So I sent the place a notice that that is not acceptable and will seen where it goes from here. Meanwhile, I sent a contact request to another place currently in the building process that looks appealing also.

Going up this afternoon to take care of GD. Mom and Dad going to concert with her brother and wife tonight. In the morning son is playing golf so DIL, GD and I are going to walk up to the Farmer's Market in their town. Will pick up some fresh stuff!

Off to do morning stretches. The physical therapy place gave me one call (which I couldn't take at work at that time). Left them a message and no return so will try this morning. Steriods providing some relief.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,367 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    Did some minor housework tasks this morning! :D I emptied the Dyson, and cut some of my long hair off the revolving brush. :o Hoovered the rug, and the kitchen, and the utility room! Some naughty person, who shall be nameless, left a bit of kitchen roll in their trouser pocket, and it shredded everywhere in the wash. First clear up was horrendous, and I was not pleased, but it's still snowing on the following wash. :# I hope that's the last of it. It's trodden all over the house.

Cooked eggs in the IP, mashed them, cooked potatoes in the IP. Washed the white tray I eat my meals off. o:) Got stuff out of the freezer in the garage. Sorted some more washing.

It feels so good to be able to do these 'normal ' tasks. Even before the op I could hardly accomplish simple things, I was in so much pain.

Machka - No, I won't be doing it myself! :p As I said, I think it's MDF under the carpet, but it's stuck down at the edges. I need to take some kind of tool upstairs to get under it. I can ring them for a ballpark estimate, but I think I'd prefer to go in to choose the floor pattern etc. and have a discussion about labour costs.

I have chosen a cheap jewellery box from Amazon for the time being. Two layers, with a hanging area for necklaces. I picked black, though I was hovering over the white. It might not be big enough, but it's better than my current solutions and it's inexpensive. I could do like Machka and use some hooks on the back of the wardrobe door. We shall see. I'm taking a few beaded necklaces to the charity shop, as they are too heavy to wear. I already did one jewellery declutter last year, but I knew there was more to do. If I'm not going to wear it, I'm not keeping it.

Time for my walk!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Options
    High school weight & Dr. Lisa -
    I was 5' 9" back then, weighed around 155 and I thought I was HUGE. I gained about 30# my first year in college, freshman 15 and then some. Years of weight watchers on and off, I was down to around 140 and all the way up to around 200 throughout my life.

Now, I've settled back to around 164 out of the shower at 5'8". Yes, could lose five pounds but at this point, not sure it's that important.

I had a nice chat with Dr. Lisa this morning about A1C, the calorie/macro recommendations I got from the Diabetes Prevention coach. I told her my current macros which are 100 gm of carbs, 100 gms of mostly healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, avocados) and 100 gm of protein and minimum of 30 gm fiber. 1700 or 1800 calories a day since I'm generally pretty active.

I asked her since I don't really have the typical signs of "metabolic syndrome", which according to the diabetes prevention literature include overweight, waist over 35", high cholesterol, high BP, is having slightly over "normal" blood glucose anything I need to worry about?

She said as long as I'm healthy in all other respects, even if it the blood glucose stays slightly elevated "above normal", it shouldn't be a problem. Recheck in 6 months or a year to make sure nothing sneaks in to surprise us. That was reassuring.

Some day when I'm in to see her about something, I'd like her honest opinion on how many older adults who are otherwise healthy and live into their 80's and 90's still sharp tend to run at slightly "above normal" on the A1C/blood glucose labs. Is it a normal process of aging for some? I wonder if A1C is normally ordered for older folks, or not until the signs of T2 diabetes start to appear.... thirst, weight loss, etc. I have requested the A1C testing over the years since my grandfather had T2.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

If you're worried, have your doctor send you for a glucose tolerance test.

My fasting blood sugar is borderline high.
    My glucose tolerance test was all within normal limits.

My doctor will continue to monitor me over the years but she figures as far as diabetes goes, so far so good. I'm OK.

M in Oz