• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    jpy4sj6kvh8k.png

iqvonme0mpwc.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    My nutrionist has me on less than 40 grams of protein a day and yes I stay with low phosphorus, low Potassium etc.. believe me im trying to eek out every ounce of my kidney and liver function I can.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Morning, my chicks,

Heather - It's so lovely to see you enjoying your life again at your usual pace, and out of pain! It colors our lives grey, especially when it is unrelenting. Your joie de vivre has returned, quite literally. Just wonderful.

Tracey - Funny, I'm reluctant to ask Corey to stop on the way home, but mostly because I know he's tired and ready to be home. When my illness was at its worst, he did all the grocery shopping, other than what I could have delivered. Yesterday, I sent him by himself, with just a few things on the list from me. Got over the guilt quite quickly! 😁🥰 I tend to have YouTube on while I'm working on the quilt - these days, it's the Clutterbug (love that Canadian accent) or one of the "everything you always wanted to know about..." one subject or the other. More for noise than anything, I think. When I'm doing housework, I've got my earpieces in and the music going on my phone to relieve the tedium.

Kim - Took me a second, because I read your "29 hours away" as being a 29-hour drive! 😃 Had to go back and re-read! I'm so pleased you got a break from your life. Anything that can give you that sense of pure escape is such a wonderful thing. Saw on the news y'all are hitting the hundred-degree mark this week - are all the fires died down? I know you'll be surprised to know they don't give a lot of California news in Arkansas... 😁🤯 😃

More in a second...
    Lisa

• Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Heather – what is MDF under the carpet?

MDF is Medium-density fibreboard. It's pretty durable but I would be concerned about its condition after being under carpet in a bathroom for years and years.

GodMomKim wrote: »
    Rita and Margaret – awesome jobs on taking care of your health via diet and exercise instead of dependence first on medications. It is so great to hear that that can work with commitment, not that I do not believe in medications but it is great to hear of dietary steps that can make a difference too.

I took a play day yesterday, drove to a friends, hopped in her truck with was pre-loaded with her kayaks and went and kayaked at a reservoir near her. Had a picnic on the shore, and kayaked some more then went back to her house spent the night and home this morning. It was just 29 hours away but such a complete change in activity and scenery I feel like I took a week of vacation.

Thinking of you all,
    Kim in N. California

I'm glad you got away for day. :)

I also am attempting to be healthy with minimal medication.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited June 30
    Options
    Ah... posted something a little more politically incorrect than I wanted to leave up, so deleted. :D That's what I get for posting something my big brother sent me!
  • Machka9
    edited June 30
    Options
    More lifting and carrying and dragging (when the boxes are too heavy for me to lift). Lots of upper body work. I haven't logged it as exercise, but I suppose I could. Lots of walking back and forth. Lots of standing, reaching, bending.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    Lisa- thats a riot..love it 🤣
    Well I didn't sleep well and that's nothing new.hopefully I can catch a nap sometime today.
    Tom will be here in a few hrs to pick up Alfie and since the sunset cruise is canceled the girls are planning a little get together which is always a few chuckles
    Got a nice text from Rich my first husband he has covid..Dan dropped off groceries at his door yesterday. Before we went out.
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) A highlight from the family visit. Daughter spent the day with us while husband and son went out for their own adventures. I got to talk to her about some things that were important about her being executor of our will and why we asked her to do it. Jake ordered delivery pizza for lunch (not on anyone's usual food plan, but delicious), and daughter offered to vacuum. The vacuum wasn't working right and while I was out with the dogs, she called her husband and not long after, he arrived with a new vacuum and said we couldn't say no to the gift. Then she finished vacuuming, swept or washed all the floors, and did a bunch of cleaning in the kitchen. They left by 5:00 to fix dinner at their Airbnb and left us in quiet. They'll be back today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

How nice!

And I bet your air quality is much better now, and that's important for good health.

I know that I'm having to take allergy pills every day these days while I pack and move things that haven't been moved in ages. Even so, I sneeze impressively and violently a few times a day. :lol:

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,433 Member
    Options

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options