WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I am with you, Onion rings over frys! but they have to be good onion rings and they are very hard to find.

smiles Kim
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    My cousin's wife lost her daughter in her 30s to a slip and fall in a shower, so scary and sad.
    If any of you would like to check out my next cruise which isnt until August 2026
    On the Sapphire Princess - it is 15 night British Isles - Canadian Passage leaves out of Copenhagen and arrives in Boston
    Let me know what ya'll think.. gives me time to save up.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) It occurred to me this morning as I was in the shower (a slippery and sometimes dangerous place), how important it is for me to care for my health and safety with my husband's fragile health and impending chemotherapy and the dogs who depend on me. I am careful but plan to be even more vigilant.

<3 Barbie in cloudy and cooler NW WA

I find it interesting as we age that looking at situations on a daily basis, that when younger, we never gave it a second thought, now we pay attention. Its nice that our body and brain do that! Like yesterday husband and I were checking out a new Bagel Factory place in our town. It had dark green painted cement stairs going up the side. There were railings on the building side, but not on the other. I distinctly made the decision to step, then use the railing. When I was younger I would've just ran up the stairs, even skipping some of them. I am glad you're paying attention. I hope your husbands chemo goes smoothly. Its hard to put that darn caregivers hat on. Its good to have a support system in place for you though. Whether its having food delivered so you aren't having to go out and about if your not able to. Glad you have your walks to help you de stress.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    I bought a kind of loofah mat from Amazon for my shower. Very non slip. I hang it over the bath afterwards. For John's shower, j bought a more conventional shower mat. I also put a suction grab rail on his shower wall. I stick the mat to the tiled wall when I get out.
    My friend G has a horrific story of a friend who fell in the shower and drove her new metal hip out through her thigh. :o:o
    Yes, be careful.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies <3

Lisa - I thought that cake looked fine and tastes great. Bet it's a little like a trifle. A nice Happy Birthday treat for Corey. <3 Glad the VA came through with at least something. Like you said, if it pays for your Medicare portion, that's a win. Your garden is impressive!!! So far all of my little container tomato plants have at least one pea-sized baby hiding among the leaves. I might actually have some edible in a month.

Ginny - your new home will be gorgeous. That lake view is very nice! Good to be able to take your time moving, finishing retirement plans at your job and getting your old house ready for the market. I'd go for that plan too.

Rita - glad the Styrofoam is helping keep your motorhome cool, sounds like you'll be getting some sun today. Yummy food photos as usual. I did an early morning shopping trip and picked up a package of pork loins, so glad you posted a photo the other day. I like your beautiful passion flower.

Heather - good to hear you're getting out and about more. Sounds like you've been able to avoid the crud and nice that Johnny seems to be getting over it fine.

Barbie - I understand about being vigilant and more careful. DH often said he didn't know what he'd do if I wasn't around to care for him. So at some level I did to what I could to stay healthy, and was glad to do it. And now, staying healthy for the dog and cat and to care for my home in this neighborhood is so important. I need to check out bathtub mats next time I'm at Walmart. The tub/shower I use has a built in grab bar and it sure comes in handy.

Hope Jake's chemo has mild side effects if any and does the job. You two are a great pair! Loved the photo of Annie soaking up the sun.

Basil: I grabbed a nice looking basil plant at the store this morning. Made a quick rough pesto (olive oil, chopped garlic, grated Parmesan-no nuts) in the Nutribullet (not a good job but OK) from about 2/3 of the leaves, set the little pot with the remainder in a bit of water per the directions on a kitchen windowsill and hoping I can get it to thrive for a while. Ended up with about 1/4 cup pesto I stuck in the freezer that will last me for a bit.

Lose It: The diabetes prevention coach mentioned another app/website useful for logging other than MFP. It's free, or most of it is. I signed up to see what it was all about. The website is loseit (dot) com if anyone is curious.

Finished mowing the back yard. A million dandelion blooms chopped down, but millions more will come to their funerals, lol. I like having a yellow back yard, or at least the buzzy bees do. :D

More I want to comment on but I've been working on this since mid-morning so better get it posted.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the days are getting longer already. 9 seconds today, lol. :p
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Watching Mary Poppins takes me back..lol
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Awe Pip, Kirby might have saved you, but you saved him too. You two are the yin-yang of each other but together your zen, whole.💖👍🏼
    Happy Anniversary!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I almost forgot, today is our 22nd wedding anniversary -

Happy Anniversary!