JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I only ran 4 miles--not 6. Unexpected day. A few friends I met in uni came to visit so I cut my run short. Not bad for Z2. I was caught two times going out of HR Zone. I guess my speed compared to Tuesday really does show how good rest is.

Avg 126 BPM
    Max 141 BPM
    Avg 167 SPM
    2yfh5x711cai.png

Today, I wanted to have fun, so I ran a tempo. Definitely did a lot better than I thought I would I initially saw the speeds and thought that I would be out of my league here, not quite exactly the case. I was still able to finish strong.

Lap 2: Avg Pace 10:57, Avg HR 136, Max HR 149
    Lap 3: Avg Pace 7:46, Avg HR 177, Max HR 187
    Lap 4: Avg Pace 8:09, Avg HR 187, Max HR 189
    Lap 5: Avg Pace 10:29, Avg HR 165, Max HR 185
    ep8cdbbnnqmo.png

Although, it seems like I forgot how to control my pace at higher speeds.
    Current TRIMP x0.65-staying stagnant which means my risk for injury is not increasing or decreasing.
    Workload Ratio is in optimum range. 0.90 which is optimal.
  • VO2Maxlet
    Options
    On a side note, reading @yirara post (congrats on the diligence to get that extra mileage in without going into Z5 BTW) I recall using a very weird metric for bodybuilding kg of protein per lb of bodyweight or effectively kg/lb. I wonder what the runner equivalent would be of that. I initially thought km/mile but we don't really measure distances like that.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    @martaindale now now Sarah... Don't hate!
    😁😁

No hate, just an observation. I literally can not train the way you do. You seem to follow none of the commonly held recommendations and keep on ticking!
  • martaindale
    Options
    Happy birthday to your mom @AlphaHowls! I understand what you mean about wanting a day off. It's good your siblings are able to gather to celebrate your mom.

Waiting to hear about your race @chris_in_cal!!
  • martaindale
    Options
    July total: 17/100 miles
    YTD: 508.8/1200 miles

7/1: 3 miles
    7/3: 6.5 miles
    7/4: 7.5 miles

I decided to split the difference between treadmill and outdoors. I did the first 4.2 miles outside on the neighborhood trail. After that I did another treadmill run in the Japan series and finished with 3.3 miles for a total of 7.5. My plan had been for 7, but I'll gladly collect a few extra tenths since it will be hard for me to meet my goal this month. The a/c and some ice water was soooo nice after getting super sweaty.

Since I don't have work today I'm going to take it extra easy for the rest of the day. The heat was really getting to me today. Just need to do some laundry so I can start setting travel clothes aside. I need a lot of stuff for a 2 week trip plus several changes of running clothes.

@quilteryoyo My kid is feeling better. The cold has resolved so just dealing with the ear infections. They aren't having as much pain today but still can't hear. We have to yell everything and still end up repeating ourselves multiple times.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    VO2Maxlet wrote: »
    On a side note, reading @yirara post (congrats on the diligence to get that extra mileage in without going into Z5 BTW) I recall using a very weird metric for bodybuilding kg of protein per lb of bodyweight or effectively kg/lb. I wonder what the runner equivalent would be of that. I initially thought km/mile but we don't really measure distances like that.

Haha, thanks! My HR tends to go skyhigh if I don't run for as little as three weeks. So working on getting it down again so that I'm able to run for longer.
  • martaindale
    Options
    @kgirlhart I could really feel the difference in how the salt tabs made me feel. And they helped me recover quicker.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beating last year's time @chris_in_cal! And great race picture! I rarely get a photo with both feet off the ground.

@martaindale I felt really good all day today. I think salt tabs helped. Where are you going in Japan? My son lived in Sapporo for a year and he loved it.
  • VO2Maxlet
    Options
    @martaindale I need to get some of these salt tablets maybe. They seem like the hack according to these testimonials. I used Cure in some of my bottles. Not a fan of the taste but I'm no stranger to the food is fuel mentality. Currently using these Clif Bloks Energy. They're chews. I just see carbs on here and I assume it's good. Used the Clif bars once during the Garmin Half Marathon program I never completed, and that didn't end up very pretty.

Nice job @chris_in_cal ! Got a great picture to go along with it too. That's awesome!

@ContraryMaryMary thank you! Although, I wouldn't call it consistent provided I'm diverting a bit far from the schedules/training "programs" I made for myself. Oh well. Gotta adapt. I see a running cap so I'm going all in on sweat
    I ended up going to the arcade to play some PIU. My left glute was definitely more active this session. Brought baby powder with me to make the pads more slippery, but it looks like someone did the favor for me already by the time I got there. Broke into new levels consistently, but I burned out from not being able to read the arrows. The last two sessions have been rough. Ran through 2L of water and now I look like I was recently dipped into a pool. I have stopped hitting Z5 consistently maybe two months ago with each chart. I really gotta get to the higher levels.

Max 182 BPM
    cilqlhar528a.png
  • martaindale
    Options
    Way to go @chris_in_cal!! Knew you would crush it! Like others here, I rarely get a race photo with both feet off the ground. That's a good shot! Glad you had a fun time and good luck on your weight loss journey.