Hi

BeccaL32
BeccaL32 Posts: 8 Member
Hi im just here to keep track of what I have per day in food and drink, and to keep track of my daily routine. Im looking to maintain how I am and to prevent a tyre for a tummy, to stop elasticity from lacking and to just go with it. Whatever happens, happens out of this, if anyone would like to chat, by all means go for it. I don't bite lol 😂

I'm quite interested in knowing how to keep a decently well balanced diet, so if anyone has any advice or suggestions, could you let me know please? As I struggle to get my protein intake in meals.
Tagged:

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    edited July 13
    Welcome!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    For protein specifically, try looking into this thread.

You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • BeccaL32
    BeccaL32 Posts: 8 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    Welcome!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    For protein specifically, try looking into this thread.

You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's

Ah thank you for letting me know
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    On the protein point particularly, I found this thread very helpful:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

To improve my own nutrition, I just kept reviewing my food logs here, and tweaking my routine habits to get better results. Shooting for the MFP defaults isn't a bad place to start, while learning more. (The exception would be people who try lose weight too aggressively fast: There's no getting adequate nutrition on too-few calories!)

Early on, I'd set myself some goal, such as increasing protein to X level. Then I'd look at my diary, noticing foods in my regular rotation that were somewhat higher in calories, but that weren't helping me meet my nutrition goals, and weren't super important to me for other reasons (such as feeling full or just for enjoyment) . . . at least not important in the portion sizes or frequencies I was eating them. Those were things I could reduce or eliminate to free up calories, and put something in my regular eating patterns that I enjoyed eating, but that also better helped me meet my nutritional goals.

Repeating that "review and adjust habits" pattern eventually got me to a daily routine set of habits that tends to accomplish all my nutritional goals without daily micromanagement.

That may not be the right approach for you - no one thing works for everyone. But it's a potential method to try.

Best wishes!