Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    Kim - I am so sorry you're going through this. Many, many hugs...
  • pipcd34
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Oh Kim. That is nightmarish. I'm so sorry.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 478 Member
    I am so sorry Kim. Do you think Legal Aid could assist you at all? They have their own staff and then also pro bono volunteer attorneys that can be pretty sharp. I have consulted several times with RSSA. Registered Social Security Analysts.
    I think it is around $50 to have a consultation by zoom with them. RSSA maintains that Social Security employees are frequently not that well trained and do make mistakes. My husband worked well into his 70s and didn't pay for Medicare part A and I don't think was required to sign up for Medicare Part B until he retired. Maybe it varies by who your employer is. He did not have part B until he retired.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 478 Member
    Flea, So terrific that your BP is lower. I relate to what you are saying. When I stopped working, it took several years not to have the feeling that I should be working. Sounds like you are withdrawing from the work world gradually. That seems like it would be better than going cold turkey! For me it has been rather a journey trying to decide what to do with my free time. I have actually decided to stay in 3 days a week on purpose so that I can clean, write and knit....and keep up with this blog! I began to find the flitting in and out of the house every day tiring and without purpose!

If you are good with meetings though, I am sure there are non-profit boards that would love to have you on them!

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    edited August 2
    This is the post I reposted yesterday from July. Doesn’t seem to have posted.
    Busy couple of hours. Had my eye test on Monday, with a fortnight for delivery. I’m reading at a function Tuesday 6 August and have been selecting pieces to read. So much work in the garden, but it’s worth it for the fresh veg.

Allie: Welcome to Onederland! 😂

Carol - That must have been a nasty fall. I hope the docs can get you some relief from the swelling and pain.

Sharon: Hi. Always good when someone comes back to us. 😂

Today I have some computer work I want to do, and laundry to put away.

Today the expected rain seems to be missing us in Ireland 😂 but it’s early yet!

Kim: That must be so stressful. The citizens advice idea is good if you have access to,one.
    Heather: Fingers crossed that the nerve pain is temporary.
    Annie: So glad that dad’s party went off well.

Gotta go and get dressed 😂. Let’s hope I don’t lose this post too ,

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,566 Member
    Tracey - sounds like progress with them calling references. ;) Crossing fingers you have some positive news real soon. How's the smoke up your way?

Rosemarie - I can't remember - is your mom in assisted living? If she's still in her own house/apartment, are there siblings close by or someone to check up on her? Glad to hear you are spending more time at your house doing things you enjoy, and hope you can see your son's new house soon. Enjoy the Yoga retreat.

Rita - I think you are doing a remarkable job considering you have to navigate a little around your DH's suppertime menu.

Kim - what a mess! I ran into some questions with Soc Sec/Medicare several years ago. Nothing like yours, but I ended up calling them. The person I spoke to seemed to have no clue what I was asking about and I finally told her "well, it's on the website!" DUH! Must have been her first day after a week of training. Scary. Hope everything gets resolved with Kaiser. I just had a thought. I know you didn't ask for advice, but how did you get signed up with Kaiser? Did you use an insurance broker? If so, they might have some ideas. And even if you didn't it might be worth making a phone call to one - if that's the way it works in CA. In WA, it seems they are generous with their advice, at least mine is. Good luck.

Flea - how much longer until your retirement date? It's definitely different trying to adjust to a new level. Hope it's not too stressful for you. I went through something sort of similar and kept reminding myself to "bloom where I'm planted." Thanks for the garbage disposal tablet info. So far I'm sort of keeping things under control with baking soda & vinegar, and sometimes I run a tray of ice cubes through it which I think knocks off nasty bits.

Talked to Roger across the street yesterday, and we decided we are done fighting dandelions, just let them bloom and stop wasting gas in the mower fighting a battle we can't win. He has a very nice lawn and spends a lot of time keeping it nice, but dandelions have invaded his too. I just keep the drapes pulled so I don't have to look at them, lol.

I've started to go through my closet and dresser again to weed out more clothing I'll never wear. A couple years ago, I decided to get more tops. I used the sizing guides when I ordered online, but most of them were too big, or just didn't fit right. Thought I could make them work last winter, but have given up and I'm getting bags ready for the thrift store. Up until the pandemic, I could buy tops and jeans that fit (and that I could try on) either at the Dress Barn or Christopher and Banks. Both stores have gone out of business, at least in my area. So time to reassess and whittle down. I'm probably OK for quite a while with what I have.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where it's a muggy 65 degrees and the sun isn't even up yet.
  • pipcd34