Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    edited August 23
    Was planning on going for a ride but the front tire needed air. Kirby put air in it and if it has a slow leak i would have ended up walking it home. I decided to pass on the ride today and can get on the spin bike when I get home.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 23
    (((Kim)))

In the talk The Gut Autoimmune Connection I listened to last night. The role of fermented foods was discussed. If a patient is having a hard time digesting fibrous foods the first recommendation is to add fermented foods. Again slow is the way to go. Because of all the antibiotic use both for illness and in agriculture here our guts sometimes needs to help with added probiotics. If this does not work best to go to a gastrologist who understands the importance of the microbiome and tests you for missing gut bacteria. They can direct you to what probiotics to take. Trying to reduce my own exposure to antibiotics by eating organic produce or at least no GMO, organic meat and /or grassfeed meats, wild caught fish not farmed. I will only take an antibiotic as a last resort. I still remember how sick I got a month after going to Mexico and getting intestinal issues. I know my gut illness made me susceptible to the Swine Flu. (Gives me compassion for those who got so sick with COVID.)

Protect my liver...feed my gut to protect me! New mantra for me!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :) Jake had a dentist appointment yesterday and I drove him there and waited in the car with Annie for over an hour (our longest wait, so far) and she was great. She watched out the window a bit before lying down and going to sleep. I played my favorite music on my phone through the car speakers and read my e book.

<3Kim, what a mess. Sending hugs.

:)Annie, I noticed with my husband, that the less he is able to do, the more he tells me how I should be doing it.

:)Monique cleaning under the bed is something I should do more often

:)Lisa, glad you are feeling better.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Morning ladies
    Watching the Today show and then will go get bloodwork done,and then come back and do laundry.
    Kim- thats a horrible situation and yes you can send in as little as 5 dollars a month and there isn't a snowball chance in he double toothpicks that any credit bureau can touch you. Also there are credit companies you can work with that can really bring down the bill..
    But yes hopefully your counselor can help getting things under control.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,862 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,176 Member
    edited August 23
    Today is a quiet day.

w4ityyzkbic7.jpeg
    j7uw27ok8yql.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,131 Member
    weather has really cooled down and a bit cloudy- Will be nice for walking in a few hours over at the wetlands before I pick Ezie up from school but think it will be extra chilly for aqua zumba tonight. High of 69, will be 64 when we are in the pool. I don't want to miss class beings we only have a few more left.
    She will start teaching Pilates which I have never tried- will try a class or two but don't think I will stick with it.

Trip to SF went better than dh expected but because they are missing a paper. Her koseki(a type of family tree/ census), we may have to go back if they can find it. She complained about how long it took, about getting stuck in traffic(left SF at 3:30PM-of course there will be traffic, but better than leaving at 5)-Said it would have been better to take a taxi. It took us an hour and fifteen minutes to get home, just slightly less to get there. Can you imagine the cost of a taxi for the three of us that distance AND, he would be stuck in the same traffic we were. Always complains about something- complained about the $40 for the parking garage, about every thing she could. Consulate was great- very patient with her and saw how she was treating dh. I chatted with the security guard while they were being helped, She was saying how good a son he is to be so patient- I told her a few of her mean comments to him lately(not wanting him, wrong son died when his brother died)-this wonderful lady, a total stranger, had tears running down her cheeks. She could not imagine a mother being so mean and hateful but he still was there to help her. Second day in less than a week that I didn't eat all day because of dealing with her. Finally got home to eat at 6:30PM both Sunday and yesterday after not eating all day. Need to pack snacks if I have to deal with her for something like this again.

Social worker comes out on Tuesday, hopefully we can get approved for some help to give dh a break. With the three medical insurances she has, she should qualify for something. I would love for at least 10hrs a week.

Need to get laundry folded and a few other chores that didn't get done yesterday.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    Rebecca - I am not able to do the fasting thing, I just get too light headed and grouchy, but I am in awe of you both by the commitment to doing this and by taking the time to figure out what works for your body and sticking to it, even when you wander away for a bit, you come right back to it . ! Great Job !!!

Love Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 59sec, 91elev, 3.05ap, 81ahr 94mhr, 6mi= 553c
    Strava app = 726c
    Walk home to gym- 11.31min, 2.83ap, .54mi= 54c
    Strava app = 66c
    Treadmill jog- 18.13min, 153spm, 130ahr, 173mhr, 6.4-8.0sp, 9.07min mi, 2mi= 203c
    Recumbent bicycle at gym- 22.25min, 60-90rpm, 3-4resist, 109ahr, 132mhr, 4.03mi= 158c
    Walk gym to ups then home- 17.09min, 3.42ap, .98mi= 98c
    Strava app = 119c

Total cal 1064

Did a faster 2mile run then got on the recumbent bike at the gym. Last time I got on one, I couldn’t take it for too long, those seats hurt my butt! You wouldn’t think so becaits such a wide seat but it does. I guess my but is used to my hard bike seat.