Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,582 Member
    Oops, something weird happening to my keypad. Couldn't sign off. :o:*

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,582 Member
    Happy Anniversary, Machka and Rowan! :D<3

Managed to sort out my keypad. Momentary panic! :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,507 Member
    Beth ~ So very glad you were finally able to get your mom in a facility that sounds like a wonderful place for her to be. When my brother-in-law had to be moved to the memory part of his assisted living facility my heart felt so sad for him. His room was TINY, dark, and barely able to fit his single bed, dresser and computer table. Then, the tv room was also dark and very depressing. I don't think he got very good care there and it probably contributed to demise.

Rosemarie ~ I hope you enjoy your skinny jeans. The rest of the family probably won't think anything at all about what you are wearing. My granddaughter did ask for the wide jeans for her birthday from American Eagle. There is no way I could wear the wide ones and I much prefer my pull on old lady jeans.

Machka ~ Happy Anniversary! We will have our 55th on Monday. Probably won't celebrate because I have PT that afternoon. Then on Wed. we will go to a Japanese Restaurant to celebrate grand daughter's 13th BD. I don't like the food there but the family thinks it's their favorite place. I would be happy with pizza. LOL

Kylia ~ Hope your DH's mood is better today. It's funny how badly our spouses mood can turn our day upside down. When that happens here I spend the day wondering WHY?

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    pip - they are both cute on you! I hope offerup or marketplace work out for you. Do you ever use FB or nextdoor to sell things? I am getting a collection of some of my mom's stuff I don't want and wondered which of all the sites is best.

smiles Kim in N. California

I also posted it on Nextdoor. Facebook marketplace is quite posted it too. I’ve sold a lot of stuff. Most buyers have come from OfferUp.

These dresses do still fit but what’s the use of having them if you don’t have the place to wear them to, lolol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,176 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lanette - I have had luck with New Balance at DSW (designer shoe warehouse) if there is one nearby, and if you know which model and the size I have found last years colors or some color combo that did not sell on the web page for better pricing than in the store.

smiles Kim

Kim - thank you, I'll check it out. I went to the New Balance Outlet this morning - evidently this particular model - 1080 - is one of their most popular. Hardly any on the shelf of ANY size. I'm a 9 1/2 D (wide). I'm not choosy about colors.

Lanette B)

Lanette, have you tried looking them up on Amazon? Since you know the model and size, you may be able to find them on Amazon for a decent price. I use New Balance as well and get them from Amazon. I wouldn’t buy other brands online from them unless I know ahead of time if they would fit properly. Are these the ones?
    be23riwa4m32.jpeg
    If so, I’m looking for new ones also but don’t know the model I have. Could you share where I might find the model number on the old pair?

RVRita in Roswell
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    I guess another way for me to look at it. It is not refined sugar and refined starch fault it messes up my insulin levels to the detriment of my health. It is not their fault they are calorie rich and nutrient poor. Being calorie rich and nutrient poor is also true for seed oil. They were processed that way because they do not spoil, and they are addictive. Perhaps that is why the big cigarette companies bought some of the food companies. According to Robert Lustig he does not even classify them as foods because you gain no health benefits for your body from eating them. I no longer choose to eat them if possible knowing the effect they have on me.

The talk last night was on the health of your colon and intestinal track. They discussed for some individuals adding more fiber causes gas and bloating, so those who are affected are likely to give up adding more fiber. What could be going on is that the gut itself is inflamed . Calming the gut down comes first. SIBO is an inflamed small intestine. Adding fiber until that is addressed is difficult. Dr. Davis who wrote Wheat Belly has a yogurt recipe he uses for his patients if he figures out they have this condition. Crohns disease and irritable bowel are other diseases that make it difficult to add fiber to your diet. If any of these sound like you finding the right health care provided to calm the inflammation and rebuild your gut may be the way to go. Hopefully they do it through change of diet and adding the right probiotics you need and not steroids. Steroids will not get to the root cause.

Others speakers reminded where bitters play in the diet. Bitters help wake up your digestion process bile, enzymes.. to do their job in digesting your food. Bitters are foods like coffee (no sugar or cream sorry) Argula, dandelions...Online I found all kinds of tinctures. I guess bitters can be classified as warm and cool. Still learning more about that distinction. It just reminds I need to try to eat a bitter food or take my tincture about ten minutes before I start my meal.