Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 23
    Kim - Hope something to do to try to fix this Gordian knot is helping your spirits, and hope it helps your cause.

Rebecca - Fasting is not my journey, but I have enormous respect for those who take that path. Or, for that matter, any path that will get them back to the healthy weight they seek in a way that suits their body and mind and heart. I appreciate when people respect my opinions and my journey, as well.

Barbie - You boil it down so well. "I have an eating and exercise program that I can stick to and that fits my lifestyle. It is like a political or spiritual stance in that it is mine but I don't attempt to push it on anyone else." Pushing anyone to do anything is, in the end, basically useless... Like trying to teach a pig to sing. It just wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Carol - So sorry your knee is cranky today! You can do this my friend. Time and movement is everything, but please take care of yourself.

Annie - Hope Teddy's vet appointment turned out well, and that the sitter was able to get there.

Lanette - Hope your morning errands were fruitful.

Quiet day, just catching up on chores. Am resolutely ignoring the floors. Vacuuming hurts, still. Maybe Monday.

Lovely long gab with my daughter this morning. Bless her, I don't know if she loves it when I drop into story mode or not. She certainly seems to, and she keeps calling, so lets assume she does. 😹 Getting regular updates on Tropical Storm Hone's impact on Oahu, and Hurricane Gilma, hard on its heels, which will probably pass them by, one hopes. I don't get the updates because I ask for them, please note. 👀🤪🥰

But speaking of weather, we're back to heat and sun for the next two weeks to come. Not in a good way, unfortunately. Back to mornings beginning near 80F (27C).

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    pip - they are both cute on you! I hope offerup or marketplace work out for you. Do you ever use FB or nextdoor to sell things? I am getting a collection of some of my mom's stuff I don't want and wondered which of all the sites is best.

smiles Kim in N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    Lanette - I have had luck with New Balance at DSW (designer shoe warehouse) if there is one nearby, and if you know which model and the size I have found last years colors or some color combo that did not sell on the web page for better pricing than in the store.

smiles Kim
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,566 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lanette - I have had luck with New Balance at DSW (designer shoe warehouse) if there is one nearby, and if you know which model and the size I have found last years colors or some color combo that did not sell on the web page for better pricing than in the store.

smiles Kim

Kim - thank you, I'll check it out. I went to the New Balance Outlet this morning - evidently this particular model - 1080 - is one of their most popular. Hardly any on the shelf of ANY size. I'm a 9 1/2 D (wide). I'm not choosy about colors.

Lanette B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,566 Member
    edited August 24

Lisa - we share the same brain, lol. :p I did check Zappo's and I've purchased from them before. They are a few dollars more than the outlet store. I also saw some other NB's that might work too. I like the return policy!

UPDATE - I thought these looked interesting. Seems the only clothing item I spend money on these days is shoes. I could make something like this work in my budget - Happy Bday and Merry Christmas to me! https://www.zappos.com/p/womens-new-balance-fresh-foam-x-vongo-v6-night-sky-cosmic-rose/product/9887280/color/1052969

Lanette
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I chatted with the security guard while they were being helped, She was saying how good a son he is to be so patient- I told her a few of her mean comments to him lately(not wanting him, wrong son died when his brother died)-this wonderful lady, a total stranger, had tears running down her cheeks. She could not imagine a mother being so mean and hateful but he still was there to help her.

Has she said those things recently? Or was that quite a number of years ago.

(((Kim))) ... I really hope you can get things sorted.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3