Hello

Hoping MFP can help me make some lifetime lifestyle changes - to be more active, which I’ve restarted recently, and more healthy eating. Hoping to connect with others that are in a similar place. I eat healthy foods most of the time, but tend to overeat, and I’m always wanting something sweet at night. Is that a habit I need to break, or do I just need to choose wisely?? Weight-wise, I believe losing about 75 lbs would be best. I’m not using any weightloss meds, but I’ve been in a program to try to stay away from diabetes, and it just feels too diy. Not enough support.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,262 MFP Staff
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    Welcome!
  • LadyDiane63
    LadyDiane63 Posts: 7 Member
    Wow! I totally relate to your post...we could be twins, lol. I have tried everything i can think of short of diet meds to lose weight and it's just not budging since menopause so i am really hoping this app will help. And i am really trying to stay motivated long enough to see results!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 8
    Welcome to MFP, both of you.

MFP can’t “make” you do anything. Downloading the app is not a panacea.

You need to decide if you are ready, and have the will to invest time into it. @Nova has provided some excellent threads to start with. I read-and still do- the boards religiously, trying to absorb as much good advice as possible and to learn to weed out the bad ones.

There’s a learning curve at the beginning, but it become so much easier to navigate- and to follow through- after the first few weeks.

I lost 97 post-menopausal. It was actually easier than I thought, and I’m kicking myself for not doing it thirty years earlier. I’ve since put almost 20 back on- deliberate muscle gap , not overeating. I still wear the same size 4 I did twenty pounds ago. If anyone tells you you “can’t” lose weight as a senior, can’t gain muscle, that getting too active is hard, they’re channeling their own feelings onto you and trying to limit you. These are the same people who will be angry or dismissive when they see you lose, and they may disappear out of your life.

Stick with it. It works….if you work.

The only limits are in your head. You can beleive it’s hard, or, as the commercial says, you can “just do it”.