Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Barbie - I feel your pain. Way too much going on for you during the next several days! At least the weather should be cooler. I don't recall our marriage vows saying anything about having our DH's be driving instructors. Maybe that "obey" part which I disregard, lol. I once offered to pull over on I-5 and let him walk if he felt that would be safer. :p Quiet trip! He was going for a doctor visit and would have driven himself except he was on painkillers for his broken back. I neglected to drug him up with a valium prior to heading out.

Debbie - have a good time with your mom this weekend! Working at the food bank with her sounds like fun. How's it going with that fella living in her garage?

Barbara - glad you are back from Grant's Pass and surgery is done. Sounds like Joe found the perfect food to take that Tramadol. ;) Hope the discomfort doesn't last long. I thought I was one of the taller and older first time brides at 25, but you got me beat in the age category.

Lisa - I know you're having fun making items for the Farmer's Market. I think you have some winners there. ;) Glad to hear you are having a cool morning, nothing like that fresh air clearing out the stuffiness in a house.

Heather - cute cabinet, I bet it will be perfect. Sorry about the broken glass jar - hope you heal quickly.

Tracey - have a great time at the scrapbooking event!

Annie - glad you found a website you enjoy. And have a good time walking in the forest - hope you aren't too sore afterward. Your dad seems quite physically fit for his age, walking as much as he does.

OK ladies, make it a fabulous weekend! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited September 7
    Barbie ~ I like your mantra "this is not about me". Since I really don't like family dinner out occasions, I have to keep that in mind.

Lannette ~ What did your hubby say when you offered to let him out of the car? I hate to have to drive DH and I anywhere. We cannot even get out of the driveway without him complaining.

I have spent a good 1/2 hr going through stuff in my bathroom that has piled up and needs to be done away with...old makeup, hair products, etc. If I do a little at the time, I will finally get some of the mess that has accumulated cleared out. I have stuff that I purchased like air cleaners, irons, and other like things that I never use and want to get rid of but hate throwing out/donating things that I spent money on just in case I MIGHT need them.

Carol in GA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Ginny ~ The audiologist talked me into buying hearing aids Starkey Genesis AI 16 mRIC. They are expensive. I noticed you can get this brand at some of the buy it online stores for about 1/2 the price but guess having a trained professional who can adjust them as needed will be worth the extra money. She had me try on a pair and I could definitely hear better.

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,700 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 7
    Barbie - 'This is not about me', is a great comforter. I also like your one which goes something like, 'I can do this for a short time, because I don't have to do it forever'. I often say that to myself when it involves unwanted noise in a restaurant or train etc.

Rita - So sorry to hear about your mum. So hard to be so far away. :'( Also commiserations on Brownie. <3

I've bought myself some jute baskets to go in the taller cupboard that John moved back. Two of the deep shelves are open, and I'm fed up with looking at stuff. I measured carefully before buying. :)

Carol - Bravo for tackling your clutter! <3 I think you will find you are not alone in the conundrum of 'I spent good money on this'. So many of us share it. It's known as 'sunk cost'. The money is gone, it's not coming back, and you are only hurting yourself and your house by letting it take up valuable real estate.
    In recent years, by dint of watching Clutterbug, Minimall Mom etc, I have got much better at recognising the fallacy. But it is still hard. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx