Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Lanette ~ So sorry about your kitty. When our 15 yr old Siamese was dying, she hid under the bed. She had tried desperately to rub my leg when I got home from work that day and I was too impatient to pay her the love she needed. I have felt so sorry about that.

Your poor husband must have been in tremendous pain and it can be understandable that he was a big grouch. I think that's a man's need to be in total control. Glad you both resolved that and that he finally enjoyed riding with you.

Beth ~ You were a lovely bride and you looked so young.

Heather ~ I just wish my husband would let me hire someone to clean the junk out of our basement. Half the stuff down there needs to just be thrown away. But, I am enjoying trying to get rid of some of my clutter on the main floor. It will take a while.

Allie ~ Does Carmine know about the new sister? I sure hope SMiles will love her and think he will because I'm sure he has been around a lot of babies at his sitters.

Carol in GA

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Afternoon all,
    He knows ,but we shall see how he does once the little one comes home..
    Got alot of sleep the last few days and did some laundry and will do another load.
    Ive sorta been intermittent fasting and im down 20 lbs..yipee

Hugs! Wait sorta intermittent fasting? Ok either you are, or you're doing a low calorie diet. As long as you fast for 12/12, or 16/8, or 18/6 or 20/4 which for each of those the first number is how long you fast/ the next number is how long you eating window is, its all good. Read the IF Bible author Gin Stephens "Delay, Don't Deny". Doing a clean fast is key friend.💖👍🏼
    Great job doing 20!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Gratitudes:
    Today: Ibuprofen allowed a few hours of pain free dreamless sleep.
    Yesterday: Joe uncomplainingly drove me to Grants Pass and back for oral surgery, even stopped in Cave Junction for a Heavenly Coffee espresso milkshake so I could take a tramadol :sick:
    Means I’ve missed 2 days of the declutter challenge but just not feeling up to it. Hopeful for tomorrow.
    Ginny and Carol after these implants are paid for I need to check into my hearing. Maybe it will inspire Joe to do the same … :naughty:
    Annie congrats on figuring out the earbuds, I’ve never found any I could tolerate ;{
    Lisa please tell me the klutz’s name wasn’t Bruce? Looks very much like my high school boyfriend, but he’s have been twenty eight in 1980… ;}
    Tracey :love: the shadow boxes!
    Margaret, fishing line, now why didn’t I think of that?
    Lanette :love: the kittens playing whack-a-mouse. Thanks for the giggles.
    Love everyone’s wedding pics and stories, here’s mine from Oct 3, 1987, we were 37.
    Mom’s friend did the flowers, another friend from church played the organ, a couple who were present at my (infant) baptism doled out the champagne. It was held in the church whose pastor facilitated my adoption, officiated by the current pastor and the pastor who confirmed me, catered by the current intern. Joe’s best friend stood up for him, as did mine. My virtual baby brother pushed Papa’s wheelchair. Joe’s mother flew out but Joe did not invite his father, they had fallen out for awhile. At the receiving line I was able to think of everyone’s name but one, the current pastor’s wife :}
    Wedding party
    puwi4qmy0ftn.jpg

Happy day
    1t7x2uolxkp7.jpg

God daughter bottom center. She's now 40 and has six kids at home. Not sure who the other two girls are... :{
    a88zfjhfa2h2.jpg
    Still have the dress, wine stain and all.
    Michele I think the funeral people slit the clothes up the back to dress the body, so the pounds and redistribution might not matter… ;}
    Kay, words fail. :cry: (hug) :sad:
    Kim, what you said.
    Mo happy anniversary! BB&B refers to a “Better Bones and Balance” class. Coach really knows how to work us all, no matter at which level our current fitness is. Strengthening using body weight and very few props (steps, dumbbells, dowels, bands and lately [shudder] medicine balls.)
    Pip ?who’s THAT?
    A little snack and another couple ibuprofen and think I can sleep now.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Visiting my friend and her husband in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Yesterday I walked 5.3 km (3.3 miles) and did a little bit of cycling.

Today I walked 5.55 km (3.4 miles) relatively quickly, and then did 2.1 km (1.3 miles) slowly with my husband. Total: 7.65 km (4.75 miles).

I'm a little bit sore today after 7.65 km of walking, but it'll pass.

It feels great to be exercising again!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    1948CWB wrote: »
    PIP ~ Looks like wonderful people to visit and a beautiful place to live.

Carol in GA

They are the best
  • pipcd34