Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Monique: (((hugs)))

Heather: 😍 the bathroom floor. I love my Cushionfloor. It’s so warm on bare feet.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 14
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    Annie ~ Let's just hope by chance you did lose 10 lbs. You have been on your bike and maybe the loss snuck up on you. :wink:

Heather ~ Glad Edie had her helmet on. When my DH was young he hit the handle bars of his bike when he fell and damaged his front teeth. They tried to save them but finally had to put in a plate.

Tracey ~ Do the dark curtains block the light in your dining area?

Lisa and Tracey ~ I had to look up serger to see what it was.

Flea ~ Your pup is beautiful and looks to be very disciplined.

I have a well visit with dr today and then PT. Will be glad when the PT is over.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • pipcd34
    Stats for Saturday-

Walk w/suebert- 1hr 53min, 74elev, 3.35ap, 91ahr, 119mhr, 6.26mi= 600c
    Strava app= 759c
    Kayaking w/suebert- 43.32min, 1.8amph, 1.63ap, 1.17mi= 217c

Total cal 835
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    edited September 9
    Monique, you and your dad, beautiful photo!
    1948CWB wrote: »
    I have a problem! My husband has decided to do a version of intermittent fasting and it's messing us both up. He wants his eating time to be between 11 AM and 7 PM. I have noticed when I prepare the nightly meal (around 6 PM) which is my heaviest meal of the day, he is taking very small portions. Result is that by 11 AM the next day, he is grouchy as heck. I know it's because he is hungry but he won't listen to me and he says he is NOT grouchy and that I am nagging him. He would love to go out to fast food every day but that just isn't on my agenda. I don't want fast food. Any suggestions would help.

Carol in GA

Carol, you are not responsible for his IF journey. I used to do a more 12 noon to 4 pm thing (20/4) and then would just play cook for Lee at 5 pm when he likes to have dinner. I now do a 3 pm to 6 pm thing so if I want to eat what's he's having, I can no problem. What schedule of eating window do you do? Make it mesh a bit. If he is eating at 1I am is he opening with a something small and protein, then having two meals kind of spaced out? I like IF because I go to bed after being fasted for 3 or 4 hours, and I sleep better on an empty belly.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Kylia - how cool to see mama bear on the cam! She and her kids must be getting ready for winter. One of the most surprising things about moving to the Pacific Northwest was having bears, bobcats, cougars, coyotes, eagles and elk not far from where we are living. Huge change from Indiana cornfields with just deer as neighbors. :p Your cabin is in such a beautiful area.

Flea - Your mini Australian Shepherd is a nice size. Not sure I'd ever want another dog when Rosie goes, but a dog like your little guy is appealing. I'd have plenty of room here for it to chase bunnies and run around.

Carol - hope the wellness visit goes smoothly. Good luck at your PT today. How much longer until you "graduate"?

Tracey - what a fun wedding scrapbook. ;) Yes, those pens Roger is making are beautiful. Lots of talent at your house!

Make it a great week, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    For those going through stressful times...I am learning the importance of strengthening the vagus nerve. This is the backbone of the nervous system. When this is strong it is much easier to recover from the day to day stressors of life. I am working on this too and notice that it has helped me recover from my long term stress. Those here who have heard my stories for the past several years know chronic stress was part of my life. Short version I lost five close relatives and a good friend in the past four years.

I did not feel the need to join a grief group because of support from you and my other friends...Rather I concentrated on my diet, my interest (singing, reading, painting, volunteering, and gardening) to help strengthen my vagus nerve. As a result when the day to day stressors hit I recover much faster than I did before.

I mentioned before other things that help to strengthen the vagus nerve.. staying in the moment, gargling, being in nature, exercise, breathing from your core...Anything that helps to connect you to something larger than yourself...Setting your limits and deciding what to do if they are not respected...Forgiving yourself and others if limits are not respected...Mend and restore if possible but also be prepared to walk away if a win win cannot be reached. I am sure you have your own healthy ways of finding the calm inside you. Namaste!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is a great day for us “Wonderful Weirdos”! I think I’ll do more than one Suduku puzzle tonight rather than my 1 a day.

9ci222sd9gdh.jpeg
    1fivfynp42na.jpeg
    p2jncg057o6p.jpeg
    j9gs2an6foup.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Dinner yesterday was large salad, Brussels sprouts, 2 jalapeño poppers, rotisserie chicken thigh, mashed sweet potatoes and 1/2 a stuffed biscuit (stuffed with Swiss Chard).
    rrqtsghh1vge.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • pipcd34
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    MFP Weekly Check-in for September 9, 2024

Rita in Roswell, NM- Up 1.2 pounds this week. Stress taking a toll on my progress. I’ll get back to it soon. All time high- 210, 3 months ago- 186, today 172.5. Still in right direction!

Sue in WA State - Had a good week with consistent exercise. Could have used more water but not too bad. Next week I want to work on not eating sweets in the afternoon. I get tired then and my brain thinks if I eat something I will have more energy. Doesn't work. Maybe that is when I should concentrate on drinking more water.

Barbara on the Southern Oregon Coast - WT blipped up to 134.3 mid week but down to 129.6 Sunday and today. All activities (BB&B, line dance, Zumba, dog group steps and PT) on hold due oral surgery. Since no activity to track, no idea about sugar, CI<CO or AF..

Evie on Vancouver Island -Sure starting to feel like fall is on the way, but the sun is still shining brightly so that keeps my mood up. Down a pound from two weeks ago. Just for fun I checked where I was a year ago and I’ve lost five pounds since then. Not a huge amount, and certainly not as fast as I’d like, but hoping this is the direction things will be trending now.

Lanette SW WA State – weight staying in range under 160. Slow and steady loss the past 6 months. Crossing fingers labs in November reflect good news. Still walking with weights at least 10 minutes after most meals, incorporating stretches and "exercise bites" as much as possible.