Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,577 Member
    Today’s gratitude: stroll/chat with D got steps over 8K for the first time in weeks.
    Clutterbug challenge
    Day 8/30 didn’t try, don’t have many purses/bags. Instead purged ¾ of the “reading material’ from my bathroom while searching for my lost car keys. Finally dumped my purse out onto the dining table trashed the Kleenex, cough drop wrappers, etc, and Eureka! Found the car keys in the zippered pocket where I keep the house and post office box keys. I’m counting it ;) Lesson learned, Try, even when I don’t think there’s any “there” there to declutter. Not sure how many days I can catch up Wednesday as I’m going to try BB&B and line dancing. Maybe Thursday ;}
    Lanette I loved vioxx for an old tailbone injury. Cried when they took it off the market. Didn’t use it all the time, but if I was going to sit for hours (like long meetings or plane rides) I’d start taking it the week before. For recent oral surgery, taking 400 mg ibuprofen WITH FOOD every 4-6 hours. Sounds like a lot, but it’s half of the DDS’s pain relief protocol. Tomorrow will start weaning off, either by extending the interval or taking one fewer pill. Aspirin is my go to for aches and pains, but usually no more than 1 or 2 x 325 mg/week.
    Lisa OW! That kind of twisting shock makes EVERYTTHING hurt. Hope it eases soon.
    Carol con VERY gratulations for knee bending angle AND finding your silver sneakers id. The activity will also help control any residual knee pain, Coach Ken says “motion is lotion.”
    Allie well done on the weight! Does your APRN’s protein recommendation jive with your nephrologist’s guidance?
    Tracey did you get your phone/computer/desk relocated to your satisfaction? Would your management consider allowing you an adjustable computer stand to allow you to work standing up periodically?
    Heather, :cry: for your brother, seems to have advanced so quickly. :cry: And a dishwasher fire on top of everything else? ((hugs))
    Machka hope the work negotiations go the way you want. I’m confident you’ll complete the current project with flying colors. Wise decision to opt out of that formal complaint procedure. ((hugs))
    Ibuprofen has kicked in so can sleep now, nighty night!
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Morning ladies
    Machka- yes im on the phone and if I move ,poof off it goes lol
    Slept well.
    Yes Heather Im a armchair traveler love watching travel shows.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 11
    moe41r30s5jm.jpg
    The thing that has taken the longest is getting all the ivy in the shredder!

It all cost £300

I can see they've given up with the ivy, and they are putting it all in big bags.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Grocery shopping early this morning. We are having a sudden chilling wind from Siberia today, with over 10*C drop from yesterday. DH is considering putting the heating on.

Lisa: I empathise with you today. I had a little stumble yesterday, where I twisted to stop falling. and was stiff and sore this morning. It has eased a little, but it seems my aging body is not as resilient as I would like 😝

DH just called me for lunch.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Rita -- is that bacon wrapped jalapeno?

Debbie -- do your neighbors complain about the number of cats you have? I assume the outdoor cats end up hanging around in their yards as well as yours?

Long work day today, then going out for dinner tonight with my daughter, her partner, and her partner's parents.

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Yes they are. DH added a slice of cheese to them.
    RVRita in Roswell