Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Sophie I forgot to give you my name for the outside of your mailing envelope, it’s Isabel schlotterback
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 1sec, 30elev, 2.96ap, 79ahr, 95mhr, 6.12mi= 560c
    Strava app- 741c
    Walk home to gym- 12.3sec, 2.69ap, .53mi= 54c
    Strava app- 65c
    Treadmill jog- 32.10min est, 10.22min mi est, 144ahr, 171mhr, 5.6sp Mike 1, 5.8sp mile2, 6.0sp mike3, 8.0sp last .10 mile, 5k= 317c
    Walk gym to home- 12.05min, .54mi= 64c
    Strava app= 66c

Total cal 995

As I was doing the last mile I think, the treadmill stopped and I wasn’t able to keep my time going, I had to restart. As a result, I couldn’t get an accurate pace for the 5k and how long it took, had to guess. Oh well.

• pipcd34
    Good afternoon ladies;
    Last night, I went to bed early and woke up at 2:30 am with a terrible headache. I got up and made tea and water. I let Rose out. Then I dried her off. Tropical Francine hit and the rain and wind hit. Branches are all over the yard. I took my migraine meds and applied the Guru plant stuff to my forehead and temple. Then I put on my Ice mask. Then Rose and I jumped at the explosive sound. We lost power due to the transformer. It came back on at 10:00 am. I had to sleep without my CPAP machine. With my migraine, I didn't care. I got dressed when I got up at 11:00 am. Took Rose to day camp. Then, I had to do some tasks for my son. I guess I am still his secretary.:)

Terri, happy birthday to DH! I also want to celebrate you; 75 pounds is a remarkable feat. Congratulations Terri! I am so proud of you!

Barbara—My daughter, Julia, is banned from our home after she shut off our power to steal her brother's keys to sell his car. That hurt her brother. She had some guy with a gun, too. So, I am not speaking to her. I told DH that I would let God work on her now. I tried everything: therapist, boarding school, and more. I have nothing else. Horace took her to meet her biological mom, but it didn't improve things. So, DH is helping her now. She stole so much from us: computers and an iPad that Horace had to get straight A's for the entire year to get it. We got her a newer car, and she was never satisfied. I can relate to Barbie, thinking about the woman who drove away and didn't return. If you think about it, as a mom and wife, we had many jobs: a chauffeur, Butler, librarian, tutor, coach, secretary, seamstress, cook, nurse, and more. I was tired all of the time cause I worked full-time as well. I was depressed and eventually, without asking my Gynecologist, prescribed an anti-depressant for me and pushed for therapy for me. Currently, I feel free here in this house. I weigh less than I have in years. I think I will write a book one day.:)

Tracey, I sleep with lumbar support pillows, and my car set has one. When I fly, I remember to bring my lumbar and neck pillows. I wish I could have one at work. We all have heating pads, and the younger nurses seek chiropractic care.

Heather- you did a great job on the cabinet. I may need to assemble furniture for our new place in Chicago.

Annie- Amazon loves me already. It is nice to spend on me, Rose.:)

Lisa - I am so happy that your treatment has freed you. Now go out and make memories!

Lanette- Thank you for your kind words. When I lost Alexandra, I was grieving, and my DH decided to pursue an adoption. I wasn't ready and advised Julia's Bio-Mom not to give her up. What is so sad is that she married Julia's Bio-dad, had three more kids, and kept the one before Julia. That was a hard pill for Julia to swallow. By the time Julia was 18 months old, we had been pregnant with Horace without fertility. I lost 65 pounds just prior, getting ready for a cruise. We had to cancel the cruise because I had a high-risk pregnancy.

Pip- Send me the Link, and I can donate via Paypal or Venmo.

Kylia, those pictures are so beautiful. I love the sky's lavender and coral colors with a ceil blue. The mountains are majestic. My hand doctor is getting older, but he is energetic and handsome. I do wear splints for carpal tunnel. My cousin had surgery for that, and she still has problems. So far, there has been no improvement in my thumb, and my other finger locks up, too. My thumb is the worst due to the pain when it is stuck. I have to do sinus washes and four sprays. I am on Allegra and benadryl too. I do believe honey does have medicinal purposes. I take honey in my tea and English muffins.

Rebecca, I hate that you and Lisa have been experiencing vertigo. It is a horrible feeling. I know it is hard when you hear that your son is having health issues and you are not near him to make sure he is okay.

Margaret, my toilet doesn't refill. I must manually refill it with water to flush it in my room. Are you going to fix your toilet on your own? Maybe I should research YouTube.

Beth, Thank you for the recipe. I just printed it off to add to my Recipe book project.

Vicki- My friend Bonnie and My DH are from Nebraska. My DH is a DieHard Cornhusker fan.

Did you get the link I sent you in a message? See if this works

https://events.nationalmssociety.org/index.cfm?language=en&referrer=mf:432873:you-donate&fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=432873#
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Sophie I forgot to give you my name for the outside of your mailing envelope, it’s Isabel schlotterback

I just put "PIP" on the envelope, let the postman sort it out, lol. Not really. Well, Pip Schlotterback. :D

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 wrote: »

I just put "PIP" on the envelope, let the postman sort it out, lol. Not really. Well, Pip Schlotterback. :D

Lanette

Lololol
  • pipcd34
    Happy Thursday! (OK, I had to take a look at my pill caddy to see what day it was, but still...😂)

So... I'm having a day of gratitude today. Next week, I'll take my second home injection of Skyrizi. Five years ago now, in 2019, this whole journey began for me. It took them two years to decide it was ulcerative colitis, and a year and a number of tests, etc. afterward to decide it is also Crohn's disease. Since April, the medication has brought me 75 to 80 percent back to my normal life. So many things I took for granted before are back:

Happy organ recital:
    • When I wake up, I can get my legs off the side of the bed and draw the alphabet with my toes instead of running hell for leather for the bathroom. Every. Single. Day.
    • More and more nights, I can sleep through the night without getting up to go. For years, it was every two hours or so. Now, I can sleep for 7 to 8 hours straight.
    • The poopy smell in the house (and hopefully hovering around me) has subsided. I don't worry constantly over whether there's been leakage without me knowing.
    • Laundry is back to something reasonable, I'm not having accidents five, six, seven times a day, and the majority of days I get through with none.
    • The overall urgency has subsided enormously, and when I do have to go, I'm able to simply walk to the bathroom, rather than scuttle at speed.
    • The every-waking-moment, bend-over in pain cramps in my gut have diminished to once or twice a week.
    • The bloating has dropped to a few days a week instead of 24-7 - I just thought I was getting fatter and the scale didn't show it!
    • Trips to the bathroom have dropped from 25+ per day to five to eight each day.
    • Most days, my brain is less foggy--I still have my moments, but don't feel as if I'm groping mentally ALL the time.
    • I'm once again able to concentrate and focus for more than five minutes without my body distracting me.
    • I can drive into town about a half hour away and not have to visit a bathroom at McDonalds every time before I go where I'm going. I know where every bathroom is in every store I visit, though!
    • My energy levels are BACK baby!
    It's not all perfect - the vertigo is annoying, but so far, not life-threatening, and mornings remain pretty darned busy in terms of bathroom visits. I can't eat anything while I'm out unless I'm willing to wait and go potty afterward... as getting in the car to go home WILL be disastrous.

But I'm not spending more time in the bathroom than out, and I'm so enjoying that! My life is full again, and not a constant recital of my woes to people that I love. I feel like I can discuss something besides my butt! 😹 Seriously, I could not be more grateful. It's not the first time that modern medicine has kept me alive, and I appreciate every single one of those times.

I have been reading everyone's post, and I'll get back in the swim of things, but right now, there's chores to do and things to MAKE!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I just saw your donation, thx so much!!!!
  • pipcd34
    I just saw another donation! 2 in one day!!!! Thank you Dorothy B!!!!

• pipcd34
    Good afternoon ladies;
    Last night, I went to bed early and woke up at 2:30 am with a terrible headache. I got up and made tea and water. I let Rose out. Then I dried her off. Tropical Francine hit and the rain and wind hit. Branches are all over the yard. I took my migraine meds and applied the Guru plant stuff to my forehead and temple. Then I put on my Ice mask. Then Rose and I jumped at the explosive sound. We lost power due to the transformer. It came back on at 10:00 am. I had to sleep without my CPAP machine. With my migraine, I didn't care. I got dressed when I got up at 11:00 am. Took Rose to day camp. Then, I had to do some tasks for my son. I guess I am still his secretary.:)

Terri, happy birthday to DH! I also want to celebrate you; 75 pounds is a remarkable feat. Congratulations Terri! I am so proud of you!

Barbara—My daughter, Julia, is banned from our home after she shut off our power to steal her brother's keys to sell his car. That hurt her brother. She had some guy with a gun, too. So, I am not speaking to her. I told DH that I would let God work on her now. I tried everything: therapist, boarding school, and more. I have nothing else. Horace took her to meet her biological mom, but it didn't improve things. So, DH is helping her now. She stole so much from us: computers and an iPad that Horace had to get straight A's for the entire year to get it. We got her a newer car, and she was never satisfied. I can relate to Barbie, thinking about the woman who drove away and didn't return. If you think about it, as a mom and wife, we had many jobs: a chauffeur, Butler, librarian, tutor, coach, secretary, seamstress, cook, nurse, and more. I was tired all of the time cause I worked full-time as well. I was depressed and eventually, without asking my Gynecologist, prescribed an anti-depressant for me and pushed for therapy for me. Currently, I feel free here in this house. I weigh less than I have in years. I think I will write a book one day.:)

Tracey, I sleep with lumbar support pillows, and my car set has one. When I fly, I remember to bring my lumbar and neck pillows. I wish I could have one at work. We all have heating pads, and the younger nurses seek chiropractic care.

Heather- you did a great job on the cabinet. I may need to assemble furniture for our new place in Chicago.

Annie- Amazon loves me already. It is nice to spend on me, Rose.:)

Lisa - I am so happy that your treatment has freed you. Now go out and make memories!

Lanette- Thank you for your kind words. When I lost Alexandra, I was grieving, and my DH decided to pursue an adoption. I wasn't ready and advised Julia's Bio-Mom not to give her up. What is so sad is that she married Julia's Bio-dad, had three more kids, and kept the one before Julia. That was a hard pill for Julia to swallow. By the time Julia was 18 months old, we had been pregnant with Horace without fertility. I lost 65 pounds just prior, getting ready for a cruise. We had to cancel the cruise because I had a high-risk pregnancy.

Pip- Send me the Link, and I can donate via Paypal or Venmo.

Kylia, those pictures are so beautiful. I love the sky's lavender and coral colors with a ceil blue. The mountains are majestic. My hand doctor is getting older, but he is energetic and handsome. I do wear splints for carpal tunnel. My cousin had surgery for that, and she still has problems. So far, there has been no improvement in my thumb, and my other finger locks up, too. My thumb is the worst due to the pain when it is stuck. I have to do sinus washes and four sprays. I am on Allegra and benadryl too. I do believe honey does have medicinal purposes. I take honey in my tea and English muffins.

Rebecca, I hate that you and Lisa have been experiencing vertigo. It is a horrible feeling. I know it is hard when you hear that your son is having health issues and you are not near him to make sure he is okay.

Margaret, my toilet doesn't refill. I must manually refill it with water to flush it in my room. Are you going to fix your toilet on your own? Maybe I should research YouTube.

Beth, Thank you for the recipe. I just printed it off to add to my Recipe book project.

Vicki- My friend Bonnie and My DH are from Nebraska. My DH is a DieHard Cornhusker fan.

I just received your donation! Thank you so much! You put me over $500, Thanks again so much!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Terri – happy birthday to your husband

barbara – fingers crossed that everything goes well with the telemed

Heather – you did a great job on that cabinet. Looks professional

Lisa – so glad things are looking up for you. You’ll get to 100%, I know it

Carol – thinking good thoughts for your hearing aids

pip doing the MS ride makes me think of Katla. Wonder how she’s doing?

Allie – so glad sMiles passed at the dentist. Would you believe PJ is only 5 and he has 4 cavities? They just put a crown on them since they’re just his baby teeth. When we were there last, it did look like they were trying to cut back on the amount of gummies he has, but I’m not sure. Feel better fast

Mo – I hope you’re feeling better

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,700 Member
    <3