Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is: Have a hoagie (sub, grinder) and an Everlasting Gobstopper with a cream filled donut for dessert! (Lol! Too many carbs and sugar for me!!)
    iwf5mjqby0yh.jpeg
    tbuas818u3va.jpeg
    3m4173mhzpda.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Annie - I'm excited for you with your upcoming trip - new clothes, getting to reconnect with folks and get away, see some new sights. ;) How long will you be gone? Just be a few days? Also glad to hear the morning walks and Starbucks routine is working well. Does it make your dad tired (so he naps more)?

Barbara - thank you for sharing the Cas the Clutterbug video - that's inspiring and I'm going to start in today! 5 minutes a day dedicated to thinning out the collection? Sounds possible.

Carol - I'm happy to hear the hearing aids are going well for you, plus your decluttering is so inspiring too. Nice that you've been able to really get going and not have your DH stopping progress as you decide what to toss. Him moving his stuff to another room probably helps a lot. As Rori would say, we can do this!

A comment on decluttering DH's shop. I think I mentioned before he has old hand power tools out there like drills, little saws, etc. They are too heavy for me to use, plus I'm not sure if they work. Well, I found out the county is putting together a "tool library" where people can borrow these tools for a period of time for a project. There are volunteers who go through the tools and make sure they work and clean them up. If they don't work they put them in the metal recycle. That's a relief for me. DH has shelves of these things and it will take me a while, probably well into next year since it will soon be turning cold and that part of the shop isn't heated.

Mo Nice to meet Rose. I think Goldens are some of the most loving and friendly breeds.

Margaret - "Face your stuff or stuff your face" - so true, and great way to look at overeating. Beautiful flowers.

Lisa - you are so right about this group. Just for the fun of it I went back to when I first joined - December 2016. Neat to see many of you were in the group then - Barbie of course, Lisa, Carol, Rita, Kelly, Heather, Michele and several others - I only got into the first 2 pages. Kind of sad to see some the gals who have since moved on and I wonder what has happened to them.

I am supposed to attend a baby shower this afternoon. I'm on the fence. I know at least one person who won't be able to attend because she has some kind of cold and/or flu. I think it will be a big group there and I know many of the ladies. If I do go I'll pre-treat with some virus killing nasal spray and a good gargle when I get home. I now know so much more about killing respiratory virus while it's still in our upper throat before it takes hold, research is showing what works.

Make it a fabulous weekend!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Carol - Congratulations on the decluttering. Great to see you have some energy back! <3

I've just been on a tour of Charleston, with Valentina, on YouTube. The woman drives me nuts, and, wow, the money they must have spent, but it was great to see the houses and the setting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    exermom wrote: »

WalMart had marshmallows marked down and I fell for buying them. Now I need to think of something to do with them. Guess I’ll google it. I’m just so sick of rice krispie bars. That was one of the few things I could make when I didn’t have an oven.

Michele NC
    who needs to get the chicken marinated so Vince can grill it. Also, make coleslaw

https://aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/easy-christmas-gumdrop-nougat-candy/
    This is an easy and REALLY good recipe using marshmallows. We made for the first time two years ago- Made it again last year. I like it even without the gum drops
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited September 15
    So the next time I have rice rather than eat it right away I will put it in the refrigerator and then make a rice Chia yogurt dish to enjoy for breakfast.

Be very, very careful with that. Rice develops a bacteria that can make you very sick.

This is the voice of experience talking. Rice was the reason for one of my Top 2 vomiting experiences. I can only remember one other bout with food poisoning where I expelled that much.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/fried-rice-syndrome

Machka in Oz