Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Well days are long, and I'm getting in as much conversation, and hugs as I possibly can. How I love this kid of mine. His squadron is here a couple weeks, though he works nights, we will have early afternoons together, plus he has a 4 day mini recharge in there somewhere! We're planning our ramen pilgrimage then. We have been watching lots of anime, listening to weird music, and just hanging out. I should get back into more of an eating routine when we head to the gym tomorrow. Son goes to work at 8 pm and most likely doesn't get home until 4 am or so. Then he's up an hour to get some food in him. I might make him a breakfast burrito at 4 am and just wrap it in aluminum foil so it will be warm still and put on really low in the oven.
    hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 157 Member
    Just a lurker answering Carol. I use Temu and have been happy...the password is one you make up just for TEMU, just like the password you have for MFP.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- vacuum, dust, fill front fountain, blow front leaves in front and front patio, water plants, fill hummingbird feeders, laundry fold/put away, change bedsheets, make more dog ice treats, etc= 1015c

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Prayers for Tracey

((HUG))

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Barbie- I remember Brandy and Sasha and didn't you have a beagle too?
    I love all animals,I grew up with,cats,dogs,fish,birds you name it we had it..though my parent's weren't the best at vetting the animals thats for sure.. a few litters of puppies ,heartworm killed one of the dogs no preventative
    outdoor cats..mom had a cockatiel she used to let fly around the house and she never got its wings clipped,left the door open and out it went.
    I had a shepard husky mix puppy that I got when I was 18 or so I told my mom please don't let him out until I get up.. so whats she do let him out and he gets hit by a car..

We had all kinds of animals(lived on a farm)- we had a cockatiel- my younger sister kept trying to get it to say "Shut up Myrna"- Myrna is my mom's name. He did talk some but never did tell my mom to shut up.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Allie - praying for Tracy as well, I know you'll keep us posted. Glad you are feeling better and can be close by.

Lanette
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    Carol the email would be your user name. You need to have your own password. Never make it the same as your e-mail password!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Carol - Yes, you've already received the right answers. Your email address will be your username with them, and you will create a different password for your account with them. If you want to do that.

Allie - Thinking about all of you, hoping for the best.

Easy, relaxed day. Corey's brother showed up shortly after noon, and they wandered around and just nattered all afternoon, looking at all kinds of man things, like truck motors and lawn mowers on TV, and so on... and I was able to be part of it only when I chose. Pat is a much more relaxed dude than he was when he was married, and happier, and more in control of himself than he ever was before. Then a truly yummy dinner of grilled chicken and shrimp fajitas.With Pat here, Corey could indulge his love of guacamole, grilled jalapeños, etd. Plus someone who appreciates his hot salsa! Sort of the opposite of you and Johnny, Heather, Cor's the spice lover in our family.

So, I played with my current design project, which is slowly coming along, and beaded bracelets, which was kinda fun. Hope to get closer to finished on the design piece, as it's probably going to be the template for a number of others. Such fun to stretch mentally and artistically again.

Corey's in the tub, and I'm doing the last bits of Sunday night routine - Egg's in, her kitty door's locked, the coffee maker's ready, and I'll be in bed shortly. Hope it's been a lovely weekend, y'all, and that the week brings joy and peace here and everywhere.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited September 16
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I don't know if any of the organizing websites and teachers say this, so I'm going to share something that works for me. The less you have, the easier it is to organize it in the space you have for storage. Also, the less you buy, the less you have to get rid of.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I think all the organising websites say that ... the great minimalism trend.

I follow these and a few others, and articles about minimalism keep cropping up.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSimplicityHabit
    https://www.facebook.com/BecomingUnbusy

exermom wrote: »
    Rita – Denise laughs at me because by the time I get finished with all the substitutions, etc. when I go out to eat, the meal looks nothing at all like what’s on the menu! Too bad, huh? One of the things (about the only thing) that I like about BK is that the hamburgers are grilled so more of the fat supposedly broils out. But I honestly still don’t eat there.

Michele NC

I've noticed that more places in Australia are not allowing substitutions, or charging more for substitutions. It makes sense ... if you one meal doesn't suit, order something different. I'm a picky eater and it's rare that there isn't something on the menu that will work for me.

I work where my boss and co-workers are all my daughters age. I am in the caregiver category for my parents. My co-workers are in the middle of woo wee its all about me. I have applied for a position in a department that has multiple people my age and also caregivers. My goal is to loose 20-40 lbs. 20 lbs will bring me back to pre-Covid weight. 40 would put me back to my best me weight. Does anyone have the premium mfp? I loved the style back in 2016 this new version not so much. Just curious if the premium version gives you everything the way it use to be.

No. The way it used to be was with what is now old outdated software. MFP has moved on.

Welcome here!

1948CWB wrote: »
    Lisa ~ Thanks for the info on TEMU. So I looked and see some tops I would like but when I went to check out, it not only asked for my email address but what I assume is my email password. Does that sound right to you?

Carol in GA

As you probably know by now, that's not what it is asking for. Never ever use your email password to log into other sites. Your email password is only your email password.

Each thing you log into should have a different password or pass phrase.

On that, cybersecurity sites are recommending pass phrases now. A passphrase is a memorized phrase consisting of a sequence of mixed words with or without spaces. Your passphrase should be at least 4 words and 15 characters in length. I feel like I'm writing a short story with some of mine!!

But for passwords, it is recommended that you use a minimum of 12 characters. And of course it may depend what the site requires in terms of numbers and special characters.

https://www.cyber.gc.ca/en/guidance/best-practices-passphrases-and-passwords-itsap30032

On laundry ...
    My husband and I each do our own laundry entirely: washing, hanging to dry, folding, putting away.

He folds and stores his clothes differently than I do, and that's OK. We have separate closets and dressers so whatever he does is his business and what I do is my business.

I use the Marie Kondo fold technique for most of my clothes and divide them where necessary with metal bookends.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 16
    Barbara - I used Oven Pride, which has been going around for years. It did a great job on the racks, which I left outside for 24 hours. Inside side walls, not so great, but I didn't leave it on so long. The tray at the bottom, very good. Pretty good on the door, and I gave it a final scrub up this morning with Barkeepers Friend powder. It Is now PERFECT. o:) Remember always to give products a few minutes to do their job. I used to be too hasty in putting it on and washing it off. And then wondering why it didn't work. :o The Oven Pride was better with 24 hrs.

Today John and I are going to have lunch at Fatto a Mano, under the awning. It might be our last chance to catch the outside eating weather. There are only a few tables in the shade, so we have to get there as it opens. Then we are going on to Homesense for some window shopping. I thought yesterday that I could take in an afternoon trad jazz session at the Paris House, but I lost 4 hours+ sleep last night, so I'm not going to be too ambitious. Pacing myself is key.

For an easy dinner I bought a pouch of Keralan Coconut Curry Sauce. I never buy these things, but it had no artificial ingredients, colouring, or preservatives in it, only normal ingredients. It's by a cookery writer that I follow, Anjan Anand. So, I am thawing some King Prawns, and will add frozen peas and blanched asparagus. An experiment. ;)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx