Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Barbara AHMOD - Put the same info in a search and you get all five on Amazon for $28 - or all five on TEMU for $13
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited September 15
    Mo the author of that book Face your Stuff or Stuff your Face is one of the consultants on the show Hoarders. She walked her talk and lost 75 pounds!

I have read you have to be careful using Temu their quality is not the best. Get what you pay for.

Barbara This summer I got what was going around. I was only mildly sick for two days and three days slightly tired. Neighbor was sick for two weeks! I attribute my fast recovery to the change in lifestyle and diet.

<3 Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited September 15
    Good morning ladies!

Before I forget, I dreamed last night. Dreamt I loaned Lisa a brush I have on a long extension pole which is used to grab cobwebs from upper corners in a vaulted ceiling. I hope it helped, lol. :p Also dreamed the cat I had put to sleep on Monday was back. Pet Sematary??

Then, I stopped in at the vet's and asked what gives with the cat still living and the vet rushed out the door and said he was on vacation so no time to talk. (My vet is a gal! Not sure who this guy was!). So much for Mexican food- that was the little meal at the baby shower yesterday afternoon. Quite tasty and HOT. Not something I typically eat though. Hard to get back to sleep after all that dreamy excitement so was up too early. :p

By the way, the baby shower had a large attendance, and mom got no less than 50 cloth diapers (very very cute in printed material!) and probably 75 little outfits - a few were bigger sizes for the baby to grow into. The lady sitting next to me (the mom's great aunt) commented that the baby will have to change outfits ten times a day to wear them all, lol. I did the practical thing and got her a set of little baby food freezer containers that she had listed on her Amazon baby registry and a gift card.

Barbara - good job Joe for finding the hole under the house and plugging it. ;)

Tracey, lovely photo of you and Jonah (really like his haircut) and the cards were very nice. I agree, your girls (and their husbands) have the best Mom in the world. <3

Kay and Barbara - great drawer organization. Isn't it a good feeling to pull open a drawer and be able to see (and grab) exactly what you're looking for without pawing through and messing things up even further? (I speak from experience :p )

Carol - your vegetable soup sounds delicious, it's getting soup weather around here too.

Rita - yummy supper for you. I need to pick up some sausages, thanks for the reminder!

Annie - hope you like the clothes you ordered and they fit like you want. Smart thinking ordering early in case you need to exchange any of them. I'm getting excited for you and your upcoming trip! ;)

Reminder for ladies participating in the weekly Check-In to please get info to me no later than noon tomorrow. Thank you!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    A few pages behind- trying to catch up before leaving for church.

Still way too much drama with dh and his mother. The lady he hired to help his mom didn't pass MIL's "test". She won't come next week(schedule too full) but they will try the following week. Caused more problems for dh having her there.

Would love to take a bath once in a while but the tub is covered with a piece of plywood then lined up with litter boxes. Too much trouble to move all of them, clean the tub, just for a 20 min soak. The other bathroom just has a shower.

Been doing a lot of decluttering in the living room- had an issue with an extention cord getting unplugged VERY late at night so I just pulled stuff and piled it in the middle of the floor- slowly going through every thing(shelves, filing cabinet, etc) Tossed so many arm loads of papers- totally emptied the filing cabinet. Most was school papers from son- perfect attendance- (they gave him one every month-he never missed a day from kindergarten through 5th grade which is how high that school went)
    I will be doing a lot more in the next couple days- want the whole living room really cleared out- need to down size all the daycare stuff. Checking with a lady at church this morning to see if she needs anything for her class at the church school.
    Dh is taking his mom to her post op appointment tomorrow and his friends are coming Tuesday so I get two days to do what I want with no interuptions.

Had a great aqua zumba class Friday night. Just the teacher and I- she got her suit on and got in the pool and we had class there. Fun for us and easier on her knees than the cement.

Time for church

I will have to catch up the last two pages when I get back.
    Should have been doing some food program work on here- I can do it tonight.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Like Pip I used to have a golden (never more than one at a time) Rosie is so sweet, makes me miss my goldens.

I am doggie sitting this weekend. I have a Bernedoodle (Bernese Mountain Dog and Poodle) staying with me.... A total cutie named Otis.

Smiles Kim in N. California

Awe, Bernese mountain dogs are like big floofy bears. My sisters dogs paws are almost as big as my hand.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa