Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Debbie – smart bird never telling your mom to shut up….

Barbara – the township does an electronics recycling about twice a year and the lines to take your items are outrageous. The last time we went the guy was saying how TV’s can be taken to the landfill at any time, you don’t have to wait for electronics recycling. I suspect when they do this, they just take the TV’s etc. to the landfill. I can also take the batteries to the landfill, not sure what they do with them but I’ve taken them there before

Heather – I just looked up about Oven Pride. Think I just might give it a try. In the past, I’ve used Easy Off barbecue cleaner and it’s worked quite well. Oven Pride just had one review, tho

After work we put the sheets to make two of the windows in the garage look frosted. I’ve seen others who have blinds in their garage windows. What a pain they must be to keep clean! I remember the previous owner of our old house had curtains in the windows. They were a pain to have to constantly wash. So we’re hoping that this will be helpful. Then had to go to Lowe’s again because I didn’t get enough of those stakes that I’m guessing have some sort of fertilizer in them. Hopefully, that’ll help some of the plants the guy gave me bloom. Very few of them have. If this doesn’t work, guess I’ll have to replace them all (boo, boo). Ceramics tonight

Margaret – sure hope DrewB is OK

I do most of the laundry but Vince washes most of his t-shirts. He just doesn’t trust me to do it his way

Mo – where did you get the recipe for the cookies? I tried to copy it so that I could print it out, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it short of printing out the entire page.

Allie – oh, she’s just beautiful, perfect. HUGS for everyone. One angel to watch over another angel.

Rori – always wonderful to hear from you. I’m so happy for you

Michele NC
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 69 Member
    Michelle, I got it from an old WW book I had as a member. I also typed it out and have it in my recipe book, volume one. I couldn't throw the book away, so I kept it inside my pocket. Can you take a picture of it with your phone? If not, I can scan it and email the PDF.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,700 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I don't know if any of the organizing websites and teachers say this, so I'm going to share something that works for me. The less you have, the easier it is to organize it in the space you have for storage. Also, the less you buy, the less you have to get rid of.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I think all the organising websites say that ... the great minimalism trend.

I follow these and a few others, and articles about minimalism keep cropping up.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSimplicityHabit
    https://www.facebook.com/BecomingUnbusy

Another one I follow, with some interesting articles is:

https://www.facebook.com/happyorganizedlifeblog

opcyszfbmmnq.png

14tq3ng3d2i3.png

afr7sjzzm9vf.png

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    DrewB did eat later in the day. I was able to take her out later. She was stung at the big field I take her I think until we have a freeze I will avoid the field and the parks. The neighborhoods have fewer flowering plants in the grass. She was stung once before a few years ago by a ground wasp at a park.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,741 Member
    Pg 26
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    edited September 17
    Morning, my chickens... I'm staggering around a bit this morning, slept from 7 last night until nearly 6 this morning, making up for Sunday night's lack of sleep. Still kinda stiff, trying to get it all worked out.

Rebecca - not sure if it was the repeated Epley maneuvers or forcing myself to sleep on my back instead of my side (took a pillow on my side, finally, to keep me from turning over). Whichever it was, I've had a couple days now without vertigo, and woke up without that feeling behind my eyeballs or in my neck that my head will be spinning, and I may need to clutch something to keep from falling.

Pip - You should put the link up on Facebook with the exact amount you need to get over the $1,000 hump and get a jersey. I'm sure I remember you posting the link at least once, but people really like to help other people get to a specific goal and win.

Barbara - Like Heather already said, that shift is a good sign. I'm finding myself moving us toward a couple things--like not buying extra food and storing it. The grocery stores have more shelves than I do, why am I using my storage space? On that same note, I'm holding onto the notion that running out of things isn't a tragedy, and it doesn't mean we're poor. Might sound weird, but I'm trying really hard not to feel I must have a second one of every single box, bag or can of foodstuff. So, we're also still "shopping the freezer" for September. No fresh meat coming in the house for one month. The freezer is full, it's time to make it make sense. I don't need to store abundant frozen packages of meat in order to feel secure.

Just dinking around this morning - plan to pop into town about 9 a.m., but stalled for the moment on the current design and reluctant to start on the next, though I do have some thoughts wandering around...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I have ;0(

Had shared this with my link

“ Got another donation! All I need is $354.09 to get my jersey, won’t you help? Donations are needed by 10/5. Thanks for your support!”